Quantcast

WTF is up with the weather???

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Yeah this has been a funky year. Good for race prep though. I get way better workouts from riding rollers than I do from just normal riding.

BigHit-Maniac

Monkey
Jul 5, 2004
Las Vegas, NV
It's the same sorta thing here in Kansas City too man.

Welcome to human intervention of the environment.

Humans, ****ing up planet earth since before christ.

JMAC

Turbo Monkey
Feb 18, 2002
Same here, we've been getting toatlly random weather. One day -20 and a load of snow, the very next day +10 and raining. It's getting annoying, damn global warming.

CoMo

Chimp
Nov 13, 2004
SoCal
The rain bits big time, I've even tried the rain rain go away song. No luck as you can see. :mumble:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Pau11y said:
What about that one in Glennwood canyon on I70? I don't have pics, but it's still down.
That was *tiny* compared to the pics from SoCal. If that SoCal slide had come down on I-70 in Glenwood, *BOTH* the elevated roads would've been demolished and they would've been 6 months getting the Interstate opened again. :eek:

-S.S.-

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
SkaredShtles said:
That was *tiny* compared to the pics from SoCal. If that SoCal slide had come down on I-70 in Glenwood, *BOTH* the elevated roads would've been demolished and they would've been 6 months getting the Interstate opened again. :eek:

-S.S.-
The one is the pic I posted initially isn't that bad, just a pile of rocks across a 2 lane. But the La Conchita slide is mammoth. La Conchita is just asking for it, a little community wedged inbetween an unstable hillside and the 101. In '95 there was another slide the destroyed a bunch of homes and caused some deaths and its like a repeat this year.

The freakin video on CNN was disturbing; an entire hillside turns into a flowing river of soil and vegitation, bad news.

My coworker showed me some videos of our trails this weekend. Normally dry river beds are 200' wide raging torrents.

So far Santa Barbara has recieved over 20" of rain this year (since Jan 1) our normal rain total for an entire year is 13-15"

GeoffW

Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
You want screwey weather....was -48 C last night with the windchill, -38 C without..I'd be content to see something warmer than -30 again

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
58-60 for the next few days, one minute it is raining the next we get 3 inches of snow...crazy....after the 60 degree weather ends on thurs night, its gonna drop to about 9. That is the great lake region. The worst part is that the skiing sucks now too :mumble:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
manhattanprjkt83 said:
58-60 for the next few days, one minute it is raining the next we get 3 inches of snow...crazy....after the 60 degree weather ends on thurs night, its gonna drop to about 9. That is the great lake region. The worst part is that the skiing sucks now too :mumble:
Come on, man. You're in PA. The skiing *always* sucks............ :p

-S.S.-