Quantcast

wtf is with all these pop-ups?

arboc!

Turbo Monkey
Dec 18, 2004
spokane, WA
everytime i open a page a get a new one. no longer is it just one when you go to the main page... seriously, between this and the sb kids im about to become a strictly bikeforums.net guy. :stosh: :mumble:

arboc!

Turbo Monkey
Dec 18, 2004
spokane, WA
berkshire_rider said:
Still using Internet Explorer? Both Firefox and Opera will block pop-ups. Once you get rid of IE, you'll never go back....
i use fire fox and im still getting the pop ups
ridetoofast said:
sb kids?...
the kids from santa barbara who are bastardizing the forums.

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
berkshire_rider said:
Still using Internet Explorer? Both Firefox and Opera will block pop-ups. Once you get rid of IE, you'll never go back....

yeah but I would rather give my money to the monkey...even before I became a premie member...I never really had problems with pop ups...but I do have noAdware installed....D

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
dirtjumpP.1 said:
i use fire fox and im still getting the popups
:think: Strange. I don't even get one when I'm not logged in using Firefox. Just at work where we have to use IE. :mumble: Even then, it's one when you first bring up the site. After logging in, there aren't any more. You do have the "Block Pop ups" option checked? Sounds like you may have some scum ware on your PC like alexa or that coolwebsearch crap. Done any Spybot or Adaware scans lately? :confused:

arboc!

Turbo Monkey
Dec 18, 2004
spokane, WA
berkshire_rider said:
:think: Strange. I don't even get one when I'm not logged in using Firefox. Just at work where we have to use IE. :mumble: Even then, it's one when you first bring up the site. After logging in, there aren't any more. You do have the "Block Pop ups" option checked? Sounds like you may have some scum ware on your PC like alexa or that coolwebsearch crap. Done any Spybot or Adaware scans lately? :confused:
just scanned, found nothing... but strangly the popups have stopped. it must have been magic or something

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
i've been randomly getting them in Firefox and Opera. more than one a day, certainly. just not every time i visit the site.

steve45

Monkey
Sep 30, 2003
Dundee, Scotland
the Inbred said:
i've been randomly getting them in Firefox and Opera. more than one a day, certainly. just not every time i visit the site.
same here as well.

Ridemonkey said:
Everytime you open a page?? You should only be getting one per day. Anyone else getting bombarded?
i always get one, but occasionally get a second usually after about 5 minutes of browsing the forums, firefox wont block it either, next time i get it i'll pay attention to what add it is and where its from.

there are times however that i get the main popup more than once, which can get rather annoying.

J

JRB

I don't get any, and it wasn't $40 to fill up when I paid. Why gripe when there is an answer. Suck it up, princess.

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
i had just barely $100 in my bank account when i signed up. do you see me complaining about $20? go premium and youll have no more issues with ads.

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
gnurider1080 said:
i had just barely $100 in my bank account when i signed up. do you see me complaining about $20? go premium and youll have no more issues with ads.
do you live at home? do you work? do you get a weekly lunch allowance? do you have bills? do you pay rent? do you have a sick mother? do you have a Vespa you're trying to pay off?

"just barely $100 in [your] bank account" might mean something totally different to someone else.

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
the Inbred said:
do you live at home? do you work? do you get a weekly lunch allowance? do you have bills? do you pay rent? do you have a sick mother? do you have a Vespa you're trying to pay off?

"just barely $100 in [your] bank account" might mean something totally different to someone else.
damn i just got owned. :nuts: thats really true and i forgot to mention that i can get by with that because im 16 and still live with my parents.

ftlrider

Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Spokane
gnurider1080 said:
yeh, those popups were very annoying. But why would I want to pay to get rid of them?
I haven't gotten any since I added these two lines to my hosts file (found in C:\Windows\system32\drivers\etc)

127.0.0.1 a.tribalfusion.com
127.0.0.1 cdn5.tribalfusion.com

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
question...are these popups 'stealing' priority now for anyone else? i'll be looking at something, and all of a sudden, this popup will come along, and my tab will automatically go to RM. rather annoying, as it now happens almost every time i open up RM.

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
the Inbred said:

I think I was telling the DJP1 kid to suck it up, becasue he lives at home

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
ftlrider said:
yeh, those popups were very annoying. But why would I want to pay to get rid of them?
I haven't gotten any since I added these two lines to my hosts file (found in C:\Windows\system32\drivers\etc)

127.0.0.1 a.tribalfusion.com
127.0.0.1 cdn5.tribalfusion.com
Because those ads, and that $20 are what pay to keep the site going. If you can't bare the thought of one of the other, why not wander over to another site and use their bandwidth instead?

Spunger

Git yer dumb questions here
Feb 19, 2003
I get them a ton too, using firefox.

I dunno, it was after this "maintence" that was done I started getting them. I thought it was from something else on my computer but it isn't. I ran all the adware/spyware stuff etc... It has gotten better in the last day or so but for a little while there everything and anything was comming through.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Spunger said:
I get them a ton too, using firefox.

I dunno, it was after this "maintence" that was done I started getting them. I thought it was from something else on my computer but it isn't. I ran all the adware/spyware stuff etc... It has gotten better in the last day or so but for a little while there everything and anything was comming through.
:stupid: I get a few at home with firefox and more at work with IE (which is funny because my school insists we can't get popups because they block them all).

Salami

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Waxhaw, NC
I am going to Jinx myself here, but I don't get any pop ups.

I have a question though, what the hell is a pop under?