Quantcast

WTF is wrong with people in this country?

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
http://www.cnn.com/2012/12/24/us/new-york-firefighters-shooting/index.html?c=mobile-homepage-t

2 firefighters shot and killed at NY blaze
CNN said:
Four firefighters were shot, two fatally, while responding to a blaze in upstate New York on Monday, and investigators believe the shooter set a trap to lure them to the scene.

The shooter, who also died, apparently took aim at the firefighters as they arrived at an early morning house and vehicle fire in the Rochester-area town of Webster, Police Chief Gerald Pickering said.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
That's what happens when you bring an axe to a gunfight. I blame Obama for not properly arming firefighters. This country is being pussified by the liberal elite.

If you believe any of this you might want to recalibrate your sarcasm meter. Shooting FFs is not cool.

Last edited:

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Its the same thing the PLO discovered with the Munich Olympics.

Every time if you can get it bigger and better, and get it on TV, people will pay attention.

Its trickled down into the nutjob masses world wide, its not just a US phenomenon. Everywhere you go the ante is getting upped when it comes to doing horrid things against seemingly innocent members of our populations. Kids in a school, firemen at a fire, nuns in a bus, kids at the Olympics. All things being equal, its just the downward slide as predicted by chaos theory in a dynamic system.

The universe is just telling us to treat every meal, even a bag of pretzels and redbull (my Christmas dinner) as if it your last, because it might well be.

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
Its the same thing the PLO discovered with the Munich Olympics.

Every time if you can get it bigger and better, and get it on TV, people will pay attention.
Nope. The school massacre crown is still held by a church-going prototypical tea party wacko in 1927 - there was no mass media then:

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=103186662

Andrew Kehoe, a local farm owner who was also the school's caretaker, had planted the bomb at the school. Kehoe had been angry about property taxes used to fund the school. He burned down his farm that day, and then blew up his car, killing himself and five other people.

The total death toll in the Bath School disaster was 45, including Kehoe. Thirty-eight of those killed were children. Huffman remembers one family that lost three children that day.

"Everybody was hard-hit," Huffman, now 91, remembers. "Everybody."

Willis Cressman, now age 97, was another student at the school.

"You wouldn't think a church member could do such a thing, would you?" Cressman says of Kehoe. "He was the caretaker of the school. In fact, I saw him that morning. He was working on a door, and he smiled at us as we walked in."

Last edited:

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Right, but what the PLO, and every ****-tard after them, figured out, was that if you can get it on the news, its a lot cooler than just shooting someone or blowing them up. That way your whack-a-doo message is spread for everyone to hear.

And on Christmas Eve no ****ing less. People sicken me.

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
Most mentally ill people don't have causes and membership like the PLO, IRA, etc. Its not the same thing.

Last edited:

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz
When the voices in your head are telling you "we are legion" its not all that different.

The comparison I am drawing is that its driven by trying to make the biggest splash. Gotta get their crazy out there to as many people as possible.

Or who knows, maybe Santa told him to do it.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Some people are just fvcking nuts. Nothing you can do can stop them from wing wacky. The media tries to make an event look like an epidemic, and reactionary people cry for the removal of certain freedoms from everyone in the hopes of eliminating a statistically unlikely event.

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz
I'm all for limiting freedoms. The freedoms of people who would kill their own granny.
Limit his freedom to breathe. With electricity.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
We are just a happy hard working freedom loving god fearing country.

That breaks down to two kids a day that die from abuse.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Is the death penalty intended as a deterrent or retribution? Total failure as a deterrent but provides a sense of control for society.
Right because the solution to guns is more guns and the solution to murder is more murder.

Actually I see a long life in prison to be more of a punishment than the death penalty. Why put them out of their misery?

For those of you who can read

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-15193530

Last edited:

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Right because the solution to guns is more guns and the solution to murder is more murder.

Actually I see a long life in prison to be more of a punishment than the death penalty. Why put them out of their misery?
:stupid:

Not to mention that it's WAY cheaper to incarcerate someone for life than to execute them once all the legal proceedings are said and done.

Question on the state by state breakdown graph you posted above: what's that showing, highest, lowest, and two in the middle?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
:stupid:

Not to mention that it's WAY cheaper to incarcerate someone for life than to execute them once all the legal proceedings are said and done.

Question on the state by state breakdown graph you posted above: what's that showing, highest, lowest, and two in the middle?
That is my guess, article doesn't explain it much, link above. BBC article says that Texas has "one of the highest rates". Not sure if that is because Texas is the highest or if they just like to point out how ****ing terrible Texas is.

Last edited: