Quantcast

WTF is wrong with people????

Mattoid

Monkey
Aug 3, 2003
Charlottesville, Virginia
I too hate the people who park in the handicaped spots. Over the summer I was a bike mounted rent-a-cop at local mall (tysons corner for all you Va monkies) and I wrote about a dozen tickets a day for such offenses. The most memorable incident for me was a time when some asshole not only parked in the closest handicaped space but also parked with one wheel on the disabled persons ramp. I rolled up just as a crippled woman was strugling to take her cart off a 3" curb. I was furious to say the least with the guy when he came back. To bad I had no real power at that job and all my tickets were just "warnings." Pretty damn frustrating. :dead:

Cooter Brown

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2002
Snow Hall, tweakin on math
While I never park in the handicap spaces and think that people that do should be castrated, I hate the fat ass, clapped out mini van driving white trash that get the parking tags just because they're too f#cking lazy fat to walk from a normal parking spot and this qualifies them as disabled. There should be parking spots just for these fat f#cks..............way out in the farthest reaches of the parking lot

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Speaking of the handicapped, outside my office just now was a guy in a motorized wheelchair going RIGHT DOWN THE MIDDLE OF THE STREET! Seriously, right down the middle. Keep in mind I work in a city and we had a snow/ice storm last night. Cars had to swerve around him. ROFL The sidewalk looks perfectly clear. :confused:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I Are Baboon said:
Speaking of the handicapped, outside my office just now was a guy in a motorized wheelchair going RIGHT DOWN THE MIDDLE OF THE STREET! Seriously, right down the middle. Keep in mind I work in a city and we had a snow/ice storm last night. Cars had to swerve around him. ROFL The sidewalk looks perfectly clear. :confused:
Can you get a DWI for operating a motorized wheelchair on the street?

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
I Are Baboon said:
I had that once. The old bloke was so out of it that even though I'd completely stopped he didn't notice me until his wheelchair crashed into my front bumper at 1mph.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Parking problem
Florida State QB Rix fined for using handicapped tag on campus
Posted: Tuesday September 23, 2003 1:50AM; Updated: Tuesday September 23, 2003 11:48AM

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) -- Florida State quarterback Chris Rix used an unauthorized handicap parking tag on campus, and paid a $100 fine after fellow students told police.

Students recognized Rix as he parked his sports utility vehicle near one of his classes last Thursday, and chastised him as he walked away. They then left a note on his windshield and called police, who put a lock on a tire so the vehicle couldn't be moved, school officials said.

Rix said after practice Monday night that the handicap tag belongs to a family friend he helps gets medicine occasionally. He said he drove her to the hospital Thursday morning, then parked in the handicap spot because he was running late for class.

"There were four handicapped spots. I thought I'd be OK for an hour," Rix said. "I definitely made a mistake. ... I definitely regret it and shouldn't have parked there."

Rix said coach Bobby Bowden has been making him run extra each morning this week as punishment.

Quarterbacks coach Daryl Dickey said Rix would start Saturday at Duke.

School administrators didn't seem as eager to overlook the ticket.

"He needs to be an example to students and ballplayers and a proud representative of this university's reputation," said Lee Hinkle, vice president for university relations. "Actions such as those he took last week don't do that."

The unauthorized use of handicapped parking passes turned into a scandal at UCLA five years ago and led to misdemeanor charges for several players, including star quarterback Cade McNown, and two-game suspensions for 10 players.

In 1999, 19 UCLA football players pleaded no contest to illegally using disabled driver placards to park in handicapped spaces.

Rix, who has led Florida State to a 4-0 record and a No. 6 ranking, could not immediately be reached for comment.

Rix passed for a career-high 394 yards in Saturday's 47-7 win over Colorado.

This is just the latest off-the-field problem for Rix, a redshirt junior from Santa Margarita, Calif. Last year, he was suspended for Florida State's Sugar Bowl game for sleeping through a final exam.

Last season, he was benched after the Notre Dame loss, in part for being late for team meetings and for poor class attendance.

Rix blamed last year's behavior on personal distractions.

University President T.K. Wetherell met with Rix just before the start of classes to emphasize the importance of his off-field behavior.

Hinkle said Monday the school wants to treat its athletes the same as any other student.

"We are trying as best we can to do the right thing by these kids," she said.

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
preppie said:
Where I work, there's a Gym/health centre where a lot of people come to revalidate.
When I'm outside and someone parks his/her car on the handicapped spot, I always ask them friendly to move their car, because it happens everyday that someone with crutches or a wheelchair has to park on the regular parking because their space is taken by some yuppie-mobile (BMW's, Mercedes', SUV's, Jag's,....)
...and the worst thing is 90% of those yuppies pretend that they don't hear us, they just ignore us.....so recently we start screaming louder and louder until they react....with the excuse "It's only for a minute" .........every time the same excuse.

Last month the Gym management told us that 'those people' are their 'best' customers and they don't want us to yell at them, because 'they' where offended by what we said/asked :mumble:
And when they get a ticket I bet they'll be even more offended...ugh...when I rule the world, dumbasses will be shot on site, no exceptions.:nopity:

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
wow...I didn't expect this thread to get so big...happened again today at the supermarket....this time the manager asked to customer to move and when they said they will only be a minute.

The manager responded by saying "well it's going to be longer than that, because until you move your car we will not let you buy anything"...she left all pissed talking about getting him fired...:thumb:

Reactor

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2005
Chandler, AZ, USA
ridetoofast said:
the ones that get me are clearly NOT handicapped, but using the tag from a family member or something and use the spot anyways.

around here its a certain demographic that i see doing it more often than not but i wont go there...

I get pretty irritated by that too, but ocassionally one of those people turns out to have a heart problem, or breathing problem that isn't apparent. People who poach handicaped spaces and don't need it should have to speed a couple of weeks with a real handicap. My father has stage three lung cancer, and wouldn't accept a handicapped plate until last week.

Around here we have people who park in the FIRE LANE and run inside for "just a minute", frequently leaving their kids in the car.

Reactor

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2005
Chandler, AZ, USA
BMXman said:
wow...I didn't expect this thread to get so big...happened again today at the supermarket....this time the manager asked to customer to move and when they said they will only be a minute.

The manager responded by saying "well it's going to be longer than that, because until you move your car we will not let you buy anything"...she left all pissed talking about getting him fired...:thumb:

Sweet. It's so nice when someone actually does the right thing.

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
Reactor said:
Around here we have people who park in the FIRE LANE and run inside for "just a minute", frequently leaving their kids in the car.

On a side note....We had a simlar situation here in So.Cal not too long ago. A mother leaves here daughter in the car while it's running to run in and get a coffee from Starbucks. Well while she was gone her car was jacked with the kid in it. They found the car about 8 hrs. later with the kid still in it. The kid was terrified and the authorities did nothing to the mom. No child endangerment charges nothing.

She got off scott free:mumble:....adults should have to get a license to have kids just like when they want to get married....D

Velocity Girl

whack-a-mole
Sep 12, 2001
Atlanta
Westy said:
Can you get a DWI for operating a motorized wheelchair on the street?
Hahaha...reminds me of one of my buddy's from high school. He was in a motorized wheel chair and we used to have to turn it off occasionally because he would get drunk and start running into people, running over feet, etc. He was a bigger boy and that dang wheelchair was a freakin' tank. I had my feet "accidentally" run over a few times and it was not fun!!!

He had the van with the motorized ramp on the side and yes and it was always frustrating when people would park in the handicapped spots. The worst was when people would do it at the school.....practially everyone in the community knew he went to school there! So, we'd just do what some of you have done...block 'em in and they'd have to just wait until we were ready to leave!!!

Knowing Eric really gave me an incredible amount of respect for people living with disabilities. He did his best to live his life as normally as possible, despite the fact that his condition was deteriating in front of our eyes, he just wanted to have fun, laugh, goof off, and try not to get into too much trouble just like the rest of us, not have sympathy or be treated with kid gloves. (Damn...I really miss him :( )

beestiboy

Monkey
May 21, 2005
Merded, ca
yeah handicapped toilets are fair game. i believe that the exceptions should be the rule. Parking spots are the exception though. If you can walk on your own without the aid of a chair or crutch and its not permanent. Park somewhere else.

My uncle was a Parapalegic and i remember going to the store with him as a kid and some fat ass took the last handi spot (her daughter had an arm cast) she wouldnt move. I remember her yelling at him where is your placard (he had the DP license plates so no need for the placard) he told her to f'off I have a chair. I never saw him so mad or even cuss that was about 20 years ago.

these people are oxygen thieves and should be put out to pasture.

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
Heh....This just happened a little bit ago while I was walking to the gym...

Some guy on a crotch rocket pulled into a handicapped stall in front of the building the gym is in. He gets off with his backpack full of gym clothes and starts walking briskly into the gym. I checked the plates for the tag and looked for a placard....didn't see either...I called after him why he parked there...he turned and gave me the finger!! So I delayed my workout a little....I waited in the lobby until I saw someone big enough to help me....(and for the cycle to cool down...) I asked this guy who was on his way out if he could give me a hand moving something. I'm 6'7" and this guy was pretty close but waaay more built than I.....

We went over to the bike and I said "Help me lift this into the planter." He asked why. I told him what had happened about 5 minutes prior. He said, and I quote "F*ckin' pansy a$$ pvssy..." Then he muttered something about his brother.... Needless to say, I bet the crotch rider was surprised to say the least!!

The planter was about 3 feet high with a lip around it, so it'll be no picnic trying to get it out, that's for sure. I made sure that it wouldn't fall over and cause irrepairable damage, cause I'm sure I'll see this guy again and he'll be plenty pissed as is!!!!

That's my daily good deed right there! Take that Pansy A$$ Pvssies!!!! YEAH!!:cool:

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Cooter Brown said:
While I never park in the handicap spaces and think that people that do should be castrated, I hate the fat ass, clapped out mini van driving white trash that get the parking tags just because they're too f#cking lazy fat to walk from a normal parking spot and this qualifies them as disabled. There should be parking spots just for these fat f#cks..............way out in the farthest reaches of the parking lot
:stupid:

sunny

Grammar Civil Patrol
Jul 2, 2004
Sandy Eggo, CA
BMXman said:

Donnie, where was this? I'd like to shop there. :)

monkeyboy424

Turbo Monkey
Mar 19, 2002
Place
BMXman said:
OK, so as some of you know I recently broke my leg/ankle and I have been laid up for a while. It's the holiday season and anywhere there's shopping there's always a full parking lot. I was given a temporary handicap license plack until I recover. I have to use crutches and can only walk short distances before my under arms hurt like hell.

So why is it people who are not handicapped think it's ok to park in the handicap spaces since they're "just going to to be gone for a minute"?...In the last week alone, we have had to park really far away just to go to the local movie theatre that happens to be in a shopping mall.

I ususally don't get angry easily but these people should all be broken in some way so they know what it feels like. Either that or the fine should be $500 and you can't talk it down in court. Oh and if you're one of those people I hope you break your kneecap...ok I feel better now thanks for your time...D

I Totally agree/know what your talking about.

My sister is in a wheelchair, and will be for the rest of her life. Naturally we have a handicapped placard. Our minivan also has a wheelchair lift that folds out on the side, so not only do we need handicapped spots, but we need the ones with the loading grid deal next to them.

MY Favorite is when people park in said grid and claim that no one uses them, or all wheel chair lifts come out of the back of the van. I enjoy helping my mom get my sister out then waiting for these shmucks, so i can ****ing ask them what the **** they were thinking. nasty notes are fun too. gotta get my kicks from something!

L

luelling

I think the worst is living in Oregon.....here it is really easy to get a handicap permit even if you are not remotely handicap. Instead of arguing over who has a permit and who doesn't....we have a bunch of people that have permits and have no right to. On a regular basis I watch handicap parking people park, and then run....literally run....into the store.

Some people in Oregon may argue with me...but in a state where I had knee surgery and can easily get a growers card and probably a handicap permit despite racing downhill, something is a bit out of wack.

.:Jeenyus:.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 23, 2004
slc
My mom has a handicap permit. She has knee problems, so walking long distances gets very painful for here. It's funny when people see here park and get out of the car and start to walk away (it looks like she walks normal) and start having a fit that she "dared" to use the handicap spot.

Shes usually pretty good about it, but everyonce in a while you get some asshole who thinks he knows everything, and she is perfectly fine and just using someone elses permit.

Moral of story: If they have a permit and look like they might not need it, don't be too quick to judge.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
Brian HCM#1 said:
I do too, I prefer the extra leg room.
me too, when i'm at school, because i can't get myself, computer bag, lunch box and coat through the door of normal stalls and the same time, and I am NOT sitting anything down on the floor.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
Oh, I had to bump this thread for BMX Man.
A special kind of azzhole has been born into this world.
So, I am looking out my office window, and I see this teenager and his girlfriend pull up and park in a handicap space down below, right in downtown.
I notice he has a "high school ID tag" hanging from his rear view mirror. I then see him reach around his back and hang a handicap tag on his mirror. He then jumps out of the car, and grabs a bunch of coffee supplies that he is delivering to my local coffee shop.
This dude was a delivery boy who uses a handicap tag whenever he cannot find a park. He is gonna be president someday.:dead:

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Jeremy R said:
Oh, I had to bump this thread for BMX Man.
A special kind of azzhole has been born into this world.
So, I am looking out my office window, and I see this teenager and his girlfriend pull up and park in a handicap space down below, right in downtown.
I notice he has a "high school ID tag" hanging from his rear view mirror. I then see him reach around his back and hang a handicap tag on his mirror. He then jumps out of the car, and grabs a bunch of coffee supplies that he is delivering to my local coffee shop.
This dude was a delivery boy who uses a handicap tag whenever he cannot find a park. He is gonna be president someday.:dead:
Did you bother to write his plate number down and report him to the cops?

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
Ciaran said:
Did you bother to write his plate number down and report him to the cops?
I was on a business call and could not get off the phone.
But I am not much of ratter anyway, I would rather just kick him in the knee and that way he would have just cause to use the tag.:)

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Jeremy R said:
I was on a business call and could not get off the phone.
But I am not much of ratter anyway, I would rather just kick him in the knee and that way he would have just cause to use the tag.:)
OK, well yeah, that works too.

WarEagle2K

Chimp
Feb 28, 2005
Tucson, AZ
I haven't read all the post and this may have already been addressed. I am really bugged by people who get a "handicapped" sticker and abuse it. I know someone whose wife is "handicapped"translate (obese) and he uses it whenever he goes somewhere. He doesn't need it at all, but takes up a spot. This is one of my biggest pet peeves. If people would park at the back of the lot and walk in, it would help most obese americans have some kind of cardio workout.