Quantcast

WTF is wrong with people?

Iridemtb

Turbo Monkey
Feb 2, 2007
I bet if there was still flogging in public allowed legally, there would be a lot less crime.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Not that further beatdowns of those women aren't in order, it does appear that both of those idiots have been beatdown by life and the ugly stick on more then one occasion.....

Uncle Cliffy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 28, 2008
Southern Oregon
What's even more worrisome, is what's going on when there AREN'T security cameras watching...

My son's 5 now, but he still can't communicate everything he sees at school with me. I'm pretty sure the special needs teachers he has are good people, but how can anyone know for sure?

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
What's even more worrisome, is what's going on when there AREN'T security cameras watching...

My son's 5 now, but he still can't communicate everything he sees at school with me. I'm pretty sure the special needs teachers he has are good people, but how can anyone know for sure?
Yep. Emily is good at getting her point across she wants to. But if there's a problem, she changes the subject so it's hard to get it out of her. Gracie (now in Kindergarten) has been a good informant for us.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I'm always surprised when people are surprised about stuff like this happens. What in human history makes you assume that everyone out there is a good person?

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Time to dig out the old shotgun for the family of the kid. Skip the courts, get down to killing.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Nothing surprising here. Autistic involvement or not, people do bad **** to people all the time.

Why are the parents suing for 20 million dollars? That's opportunistic at best, using their child's disability for financial gain at worst.

Here are my questions Mmike:

1) Should society in general be held to a higher standard when dealing with autistic children and their parents?

2) Should autistic children and the parents of autistic children be held to a lower standard of public behavior than society in general?

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
Nothing surprising here. Autistic involvement or not, people do bad **** to people all the time.

Why are the parents suing for 20 million dollars? That's opportunistic at best, using their child's disability for financial gain at worst.

Here are my questions Mmike:

1) Should society in general be held to a higher standard when dealing with autistic children and their parents?

2) Should autistic children and the parents of autistic children be held to a lower standard of public behavior than society in general?
Not entirely sure I understand the question. People in power should not prey on the helpless. (Not a new concept I realize. just one of those rules of thumb I guess.

And it would be nice if the world at large would cut parents a little salck if their autistic kid is acting up. Freaking out is something they do. (I have been rather fortunate that big public meltdowns have not been a big issue for Emily....at the same time we've gotten good at seeing the warning signs and heading them off before they happen.)

But being angry at an autistic kid (and parents) is like being angry at a one legged kid for running too slowly. They aren't acting up for fun. It's because they REALLY can't handle what's going on around them.

Now that said, should a public meltdown be underway, one would think that parents would remove their kid from the situation post haste, both for the benefit of the kid and for the people around them. But in the transient period, a little understanding from the public at large would be nice.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Not entirely sure I understand the question. People in power should not prey on the helpless. (Not a new concept I realize. just one of those rules of thumb I guess.

And it would be nice if the world at large would cut parents a little salck if their autistic kid is acting up. Freaking out is something they do. (I have been rather fortunate that big public meltdowns have not been a big issue for Emily....at the same time we've gotten good at seeing the warning signs and heading them off before they happen.)

But being angry at an autistic kid (and parents) is like being angry at a one legged kid for running too slowly. They aren't acting up for fun. It's because they REALLY can't handle what's going on around them.

Now that said, should a public meltdown be underway, one would think that parents would remove their kid from the situation post haste, both for the benefit of the kid and for the people around them. But in the transient period, a little understanding from the public at large would be nice.
If your kid is acting up in Public it may just be because Steve Jobs in his pursuit of profits didn't take into consideration your Daughters needs and personally develop some technology to address autism. So its his fault the bastard....

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
If your kid is acting up in Public it may just be because Steve Jobs in his pursuit of profits didn't take into consideration your Daughters needs and personally develop some technology to address autism. So its his fault the bastard....
Well that goes without saying.

The occurrence of autism has increased with the presence of Apple products. Coincidence? Methinks not!!

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!

The occurrence of autism has increased with the presence of Apple products. Coincidence? Methinks not!!
As soon as I am out of Apple Juice I am not buying anymore. I am afraid to catch Autism. Thanks for the heads up. From now on I am only going to drink Cough Syrup.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
That was a mitigating factor in my lack of outrage...

I retract everything... this whole situation is messed up, this kid clearly has the potential flip out and be dangerous. The bus driver and helper are clearly out of their league and shouldn't have held the positions they did.

If I where a parent I would NOT want my kid to be on the same bus as that kid...

Last edited:

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
I blame the GOP. Restrictive rules regarding access to birth control and abortion led to this child being born, and then budgetary cuts (Resultant from $$ being sucked up by the GWOT) prevented the hiring and subsequent proper training of bus attendants who were qualified to transport and care for the kid. Furthermore, the oppression of the working class, women and minorities led to an increased level of stress for the drivers. After further budget cuts surely led to poorly maintained roads, further increasing the stress level until it finally culminated in an outburst of abuse focused at the child.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I don't trust ANYONE that drives a bus. I had a bus license, so that includes myself.

People like this need slow death.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Very similar logic applies here.
No... I can see that the child is difficult to control and does not respond to a proper beating.

Seriously though... based on what you see in the video (and NOTHING else) would you want your children commuting to school with any child demonstrating similar behavioral issues?

Picture any 180 LB boy throwing a book bag into your daughters face...

SacredYeti

Monkey
Sep 12, 2011
San Diego, CA
Those two deserve every bit of hell that comes their way. Pin his ass down and try to talk to him or at least keep him safe from others, don't sit there and beat him you degenerate piece of ****.

To caveat that, that child with the way he was acting should not have been there... at all, period. It's on video how nuts he was going, he needs a proper program to be in, crap like this doesn't help him at all and only makes him dangerous to others.

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
Adults should never react in such a manner towards any child. They deserve everything coming to them.

Upon saying that, the child in question is no angel and should not be on public transport with behavior issues like that.

There is way more to this than what the videos show.

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
Ok....I don't really blame you guys because this is not something a lot of people know about....however you don't know what the **** you are talking about..

My mother is 5'2". She's had two spinal fusions. She has been a special needs teacher for decades. She has "tamed" kids a lot bigger and more dangerous than this one.

Would I want my kids on THAT bus? No of course not. But not because of that kid. Obviously, the driver, the "aid", the people that put them in the situation are all incompetent. He was trying to defend himself. His "handlers" created the situation. If he had proper support, it wouldn't be an issue.

I wonder about the kids parents. My wife micro-manages the "support crew" at Emily's school. And maybe this kid's parents don't have that luxury. But I would have thought that if their kid gets off the bus upset and agitated every day that they would suspect something is up.

The kid is not an animal, and he is not at fault. He was trying to defend himself.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California

Very interesting! I think if you and your wife were not filming the conception of your child, nanoradiation would not have been emitted into the bedroom. I take it you did not read the warning label on the back of your computers camera. You know they make filters for just that sort of thing;)

J/k Mike, this is merely for fun and not in any way directed towards your daughters disability :D

Peace & love, peace & love!