Quantcast

~~~WTF Monday GMT~~~

Quo Fan

don't make me kick your ass
Morning monkeys!

9am and I'm making the GMT? WTF?

Going to ride Felt bikes today. Felt is having a Demo Day at Pedal Power in CT. Don't bother checking either website, you had to be on the email list to learn about this one.

Be safe out there.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
listening to spiritualized....sitting outside....reading.

mrbigisbudgood

Strangely intrigued by Echo
Oct 30, 2001
Charlotte, NC
Broke my first derailleur hanger ever yesterday. Had a nice 10K run uphill, chainless downhill home.

Still, better than sitting on the couch.

mudgirl

Molester of monkeys
Jun 8, 2007
Tied up in the basement
Really... where is everyone?

Busy weekend. Saturday afternoon/evening. I scoped out the course for the race I'm doing next Sunday. It is a brutally technical course. It's like they sprayed Miracle Grow for tree roots everywhere. It took a group of 5 of us over 4 hours to ride 10.5 miles. That included prying a bent derailleur out of my spokes 2 miles into the ride, and then replacing the broken derailleur hanger and re-bending the derailleur back into place after it got wrapped up in my spokes again about 2 miles further into the course. I was able to finish the course, but had no granny gear, but it turned out mostly okay. Then, one guy got a tire leak that we had to keep stopping every mile or so to re-inflate b/c he didn't have a spare tube with him, and then another guy flatted, but at least he had a spare tube! Ay yi yi!! I totally kicked the guys' butts, though. I feel confident that I will at least not finish last on Sunday. :thumb: So, tonight I gotta drop my bike off at the shop to get a new derailleur installed on it. :thumb down:

Yesterday was a short 7 mile ride, trail work and then another 7ish mile ride after trail work.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
'morning monkeys.

Went to D.C. this weekend. Had a simply amazing meal at Zaytinya - I guess the chef there was the 2011 James Beard award winner. The food was unbelievable. It's a damn good thing I don't live nearby, because I'd go broke eating there.

I have 15+ pages of questions regarding the security model of our product sitting open here. I really need to work on it. I really don't want to work on it. Please send help.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
What up there, kiddos!?

Ran a tough 5K yesterday. It a slow, hilly course. My time was 23:27. I was initially very disappointed with my time until I saw that I finished 16/224 overall and won my age group. Then I wasn't so disappointed and spent the rest of the day basking in my glory.

Wife and I did a 3.5 hour/25 mile road "ride" yesterday. We marked the 25 mile MS bike route. 25 miles and we went through 12 cans of spray chalk. Good times.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Hello.

Biked all w/e with the wife.

Fri, Out and back up Mt. Greylock (Highest mtn n Mass), 29 miles and 3,800 ft in climbing

Sat, just a easy 20 mile roadie ride from the house.

Sun, I did a 30 mile mtn bike ride, the wife did 20 miles.......during a 6 hour race, 10 laps total (we had time to sneak #11 in but neither of us wanted to go again - it was hot! 85). We ended up on the podium (3rd) in the combined all male/coed duo category. :D

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning. Still no baby. Going to the hospital tomorrow for some tests and hopefully and idea of when she will come (naturally or they may decide to induce tomorrow). Tball tonight if it doesn't rain and a busy week on deck so baby Alex is sure to make an appearance at some point.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Spent all weekend in KC for our annual sales conference. Had a proper interview this morning following up on my coffee meeting last week. It went very well.

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
Apparently I have a lot of rep to spread. Great job IAB! Hang in there Tree Saw! I'm with you Rocko.

Good rainy monday morning all. Got my rear wheel trued yesterday and it made a WORLD if difference in my commute this morning. I have a free bike tune up to use, so I will be taking my bike in for that sucker June 1. ... or whenever I get around to it ;) We'll see how it feels after that. I love my little road bike :)

Had a weekend. Wish it was still weekend and I could be home with my guys and pups! I love them. I'm one lucky lady.

insanitylevel9

triple nubby
Jan 7, 2011
hopkinton ma
back from jersey, fun race weekend just wish i didn't blow my run. got home around 12 and didnt get to bed till 1 am. any way it was a wicked fun weekend.