Quantcast

WTF!!!! of all the stupid sh......

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Originally posted by bushwacker
Yeah, call CPS or whoever in your area, and report her for letting her children play unsupervised in a parking lot.
People get pissed when State employees come tell tehm they are bad parents.
just in case he take y'all serious about calling CPS... DON'T! THAT'S A STUPID FVCKING IDEA! You'll hurt the kid and he is just a kid!

math2014

wannabe curb dropper
Sep 2, 2003
I want to move to BC!!!
I really feel sorry for this suing situation in the US.

On the other hand Greece is on the other extreme, a wall falls on you inside a store, and most probably, the store manager will blame you for standing in front of the wall!!!! go figure...

Lexx D

Dirty Dozen
Mar 8, 2004
NY
Sue for detail cost of cleaning the blood off your car! I hate shyt like this. She has no grounds for a lawsuit. They want to "settle out of court" Besides if she has an escalade she can afford it.:angry:

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
Originally posted by JRogers
I disagree with others on one point: do not lie and do not suggest something that is a lie. Putting a grille on and taking a picture is a lie. Just seems like a bad idea to me. Could bite you in the ass plus its just simply dishonest.
I agree...and I WOULD call CPS obviosly she doesn't pay attention to her kids....might be better for the kids in the long run....D

SebringMGB

Monkey
Feb 6, 2004
Washington
woa... lots of replys.....

i gave her my number, because i fugured it mighta helped the situation, as in, if she had to go through the police with my plate number and all that, i might have some points against me right off the bat. i dont even know what to say this is so rediculous. im gonna tape pillows wo my whole car so there is no way anyone can get hurt by it when its not moving :rolleyes:

Curb Hucker

I am an idiot
Feb 4, 2004
Sleeping in my Kenworth
Originally posted by SebringMGB
im gonna tape pillows wo my whole car so there is no way anyone can get hurt by it when its not moving :rolleyes:
What a stupid idea, cover it in giant steel spikes, and then sue people for getting their blood on your car :devil:

Apr 25, 2004
victoria.bc.canada.
Originally posted by ViolentVolante
What a stupid idea, cover it in giant steel spikes, and then sue people for getting their blood on your car :devil:
dude that would be sweet....i want to do that..
well ya in canada you can't sue anyone for sh:t its crazy

Originally posted by math2014
I really feel sorry for this suing situation in the US.

On the other hand Greece is on the other extreme, a wall falls on you inside a store, and most probably, the store manager will blame you for standing in front of the wall!!!! go figure...
dude that sucks shiet man....god i wouldn't go out of my house.

odiwik

Monkey
Mar 2, 2004
woa... lots of replys.....

i gave her my number, because i fugured it mighta helped the situation, as in, if she had to go through the police with my plate number and all that, i might have some points against me right off the bat. i dont even know what to say this is so rediculous. im gonna tape pillows wo my whole car so there is no way anyone can get hurt by it when its not moving :rolleyes:
Thing is, if you had called the police right off the bat, it might not have hurt the situation. It might have helped because it is not illegal to drive without a grill. Although, police have never really helped me in a situation... But if they are called, it might be enough for the lady to have jetted out of there.

That is all heresay now though. Get a lawyer, and you will win this case. Countersue. It will be worth the lawyer fees.

This makes me think about those tacky spinner wheels.... Heh.

I'm really getting sick of people. Especially idiots in the USA, but I think that's just because I live here.

BrokenChain

Monkey
Oct 26, 2001
NWCT
Originally posted by BMXman
there was a lot more to it than that....that lawsuit was not as simple as you think.....Mc Donalds got what they deserved.....D
Yeah, I know it was a bad example. It was just the first one that came to mind. I still say call CPS on her ass.

fonseca

Monkey
May 2, 2002
Virginia
Originally posted by odiwik
I'm really getting sick of people. Especially idiots in the USA, but I think that's just because I live here.
You'll find the same percentage of idiots worldwide.

We just cater to them here.

SebringMGB

Monkey
Feb 6, 2004
Washington
So, if i get a lawyer, pay for him and win... i can counter sue her for lawyer costs?

i cant believe this. A: she has to have had health insurance, so theoretically if she got him stiches or whatever, it would be like a 10 dollar copay... B: her suing ME for negligence? it wasnt me that has no controll of my kids..... D: pain and suffering!?!?!? ill bet your kid would get all the money if you did win, and money is an acceptible reimbusement for pain:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

how about this lady. you come here, and ill stick my finger in the fan while your kid watches, and then ill put my grille on, and we will call it even :angry:

....or better yet, ill go over there, crawl all over her escalade with greasy fingers and stick my finger in her cooling fans.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
Come on, it odviously your fault. You said yourself that you watched her kids looking at your car. You should have taken it upon yourself to go out there and tell them that the exhaust pipe and cat are going to be hot and that the fan spinning could hurt. Then you should have stood there to parent the kids that are not yours until they went inside.

oh wait, COUNTERSUE THE B!TCH!

You are not in Washington D.C. are you? You are in Washington state? If it is DC, my whole family line is lawyers :devil:

slcpunk21

BS is not a bitch.
Feb 14, 2003
finally transplanted
Originally posted by mtnbkr4235
Agreed.... Which is why I wanna live in Canada. :)
Come on lets start a rebelion and make our own country! All use monkeys can be part of it!

:thumb:

We'll just take over the USA!

(I'm counting the seconds till the big black SUV's show up and take me away so I'll never be heard from again)

Evan Martin

Chimp
May 4, 2004
Going to make my first post count.

Anyways, while I don't have a law degree and only grade 12 law to go off of, here goes nothing.

**Warning** I'm not a lawyer. This may not work. I also live in Canada where the laws are different then those in the US, so just use the concept behind it.

For her lawsuit against you to be successful, she basically has to admit that her kid, (or kid under her supervision) stuck their hand in your car fan. While this caused harm, it's the crux of my idea. The only way that kid could have gotten their hand in the fan (which is in your hood) is by sticking their hand through your grill. While this has already been mentioned, by shoving their hand in, the kid committed an act of trespass/mischief. Catch 22 (is that it's spelled). She can't win now. How can she try to claim that you owe her over an illegal act? She can't. By the hand entering your car, it was there illegally, you should be able either counter-sue, or have criminal charges brought against them. While the latter is in the extreme, it should shut her up. Either way, she has to be able to prove that it was your fault.

Again, this could be completely wrong. Let me know.

D

Dingus McGee

All you have to do is give her your insurance policy number and provider. End of story. The beef is between her provider and yours. You are covered for damage your car causes to other people no matter what. I don't believe you will be found negligent. I was recently told that I could leave my car running, unattended, and if someone got in it and killed someone, I would not be responsible.
The other party's lawyer scared the hell out of me (that's their job), but ultimately my insurance stood their ground. They tried to sue my boss, everyone they could.
In my case, I left the keys in my '77 2-door Cherokee Chief Sport 401 (sorry, I liked that hoopty)and two teens tried to steal it.
The thing was way powerful and they lost it, jumped the median and took out 5 parked cars, coming to rest on the hood of the car
belonging to the person I was meeting with! One of the cars was 1 week old and totaled. Her insurance came after me like a pack of Hyenas (no offense to Hyenas) but I previaled. I also had the police call a tow truck to get my Jeep down and I pried a fender off my tire and drove away!:devil:

DHracer1067

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2003
somewhere really ****ty
i am all for life in jail for frivilous law suits. maybe that would shut stupid people up that are too lazy to do some work to get money so they just try to sue everyone for anything.

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
RCW 12.40.010
Department authorized -- Jurisdictional amount.
In every district court there shall be created and organized by the court a department to be known as the "small claims department of the district court." The small claims department shall have jurisdiction, but not exclusive, in cases for the recovery of money only if the amount claimed does not exceed four thousand dollars.

Washington State Small Claims Court

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
Originally posted by Evan Martin
While this caused harm, it's the crux of my idea.
Crux is a pimp word. Ironically enough yesterday I randomly looked up a word in the dictionary and that was it.

A crutial or vital moment. lol

SebringMGB

Monkey
Feb 6, 2004
Washington
well... her lawyer has not called me back yet, and its tuesday. perhaps they might have found that this was a stupid case.... or maybey im speaking to soon.... thaks for all the advice so far.

DaKahuna

Chimp
Jul 27, 2003
Lake Elsinore, CA
While I hate the fact that people are no longer responsible for their own actions these days, allow me to give you some examples/ideas why you need to protect yourself in this situation:
In the industrial building my employer leases, we have skylights in the roof. There are no protective grates under them as required by local codes (we now know!). Some high school kids climbed over the protective covering on the roof access ladder to get up on the roof to drink alcohol. One kid fell through the skylight causing himself critical injury. My employer is now named in a lawsuit for not having the protective grates under the skylights even though the kid bypassed safety measures while trepassing and was involved in underage drinking in the process, and my employer leases the building not owns it!
While I absolutely disagree with any scenario that would make you liable, in the real world you could be judged as such by our crazy court system. If you disabled/removed the vehicle's standard equipment that could have prevented the injury, a decent lawyer can make a (frivolous!) case out of it! Contact your insurance company immediately for advice and then consider consulting an attorney for advice as well.

I can hear Mrs. Escalade in the parking lot now -
"Johnny, get away from that car right now! If you don't listen to me, you don't get any cinnamon twists! Did you hear me Johnny!? I'm going to count to 3.... Ooonnne....Twooooo.... I really mean it Johnny, I'm counting! Ooonnne.... Twooooo....Thr....
Oh my gosh Johnny, what did you do!? I told you not to touch that car. Oh my gosh, you're bleeding! Oh no! My poor Johnny! It's ok Johnny, I'll make sure we sue the owner of that bad 'ol car into the poor house for what they've done to you!

You know, children will be children. Children need real parents! If my parents had sued someone every time I got injured as a child, Bill Gates would be my pool man! Instead, I have little money, lots of scars, some common sense, and a sense of personal responsbility. I would never trade that for an Escalade and a lawyer!

Good luck to you!

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
Damn... why the hell did you give her your number? I would have been like "fuhk you!"

Tons of people dont have grills on their car, cars are heavy machinery, kids should not be allowed to play with them, the mother was being irresponsible if you wsk me. Im sure there is a way you can turn this situation on her. She is the one that needs to be punished for allowing her kid to stick his hand in the engine area of your car.

Get a lawyer bro... maybe you can countersue for court costs and for time that you will have to miss work.

Oh :D and professional cleaning of your bloodstained & now very :sneaky: misaligned fan.

M

MSpike

So, if i get a lawyer, pay for him and win... i can counter sue her for lawyer costs?

i cant believe this. A: she has to have had health insurance, so theoretically if she got him stiches or whatever, it would be like a 10 dollar copay... B: her suing ME for negligence? it wasnt me that has no controll of my kids..... D: pain and suffering!?!?!? ill bet your kid would get all the money if you did win, and money is an acceptible reimbusement for pain:rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Yes, hopefully she has health insurance but sometimes if another party is at fault, that party may be responsible for paying for the medical bills. Case in point: I was rear-ended while I was stopped at a yield sign yielding to traffic. I sustained injuries and wound up having to have two surgeries as a result. While I do have health insurance, the other person's car insurance company had to pay all the medical expenses because the accident was 100% her fault. (By medical expenses I mean not just co-pays but ALL medical expenses.) My HMO didn't have to foot the bill for an injury that I sustained that was directly the fault of another person. At least, that's how it works where I live. It may be different where you're at.

That said, if your car was legally parked I doubt that they can find you to be at fault. I would repeat the advice of previous posters and suggest that you contact your insurance company. They can probably tell you whether or not you were at fault in this particular instance and if so, to what degree. For instance, if it's illegal to drive a car without a grill in your state, they may say that you are 20% (or 30% or whatever) at fault for driving your car without a grill in the first place (though I rather doubt it in this case since your car was parked). If driving a car without a grill is legal in your state, I doubt they can find you at fault at all.

As for "pain and suffering", at least with no-fault, medical bills generally have to total a certain dollar amount before a person can sue for damages. I don't see Washington listed in the chart at Insure.com so maybe it's not a no-fault state but there may be a similar law or statute that prevents frivolous lawsuits for minor injuries such as the one you are describing. But keep in mind that if the woman has already retained an attorney, she may be looking to run up the medical bills with bogus claims in order to make the "injury" appear more serious than it actually is. In that case, you probably want to get your insurance company involved sooner rather than later as they can request a medical evaluation by a doctor of their choice (who will ALWAYS find nothing wrong because that's what he's paid to do) and they can use that evaluation later in disputing her claims. Getting your insurance company involved may have the added benefit of scaring her off so she will drop her case. At least give them a call and see what they say. It couldn't hurt. And be sure to keep us posted and let us know how it goes.

Repack

Turbo Monkey
Nov 29, 2001
Boston Area
Originally posted by I Are Baboon
Dumb bitch.

:rolleyes:
I wanna say it too.

Dumb Bitch!

Wow. That felt good. Why not sue for wringful prosecution.

Or find out where she lives, look for something small that they left on the sidewalk, trip on it and get whiplash. I'm pretty sure that homeowners are also responsible for keeping their walks clean. You could even fall while on your way to her front door to work things out.

Or, the next time you cut yourself on a ride or anywhere else, run to her front step and start screaming bloody murder.

I still can't believe that stupid bitch talked to you for 5 minutes while her son was bleeding. And wouldn't hospital bills be her co-pay?

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
And of course, when her kid stuck his finger in there, he DID cause a lot of damage to your car, DIDN'T HE!!

SUE!!

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
I say if you cant beat em, join em.

Sue the manufacturer of the grill fo negligence and getting you sued.

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
Originally posted by BurlySurly
I say if you cant beat em, join em.

Sue the manufacturer of the grill fo negligence and getting you sued.
And don't forget to sue the place you parked your car... it's there parking lot right! Then they are responsible for what happens there.

ghostrider

7034 miles, still no custom title
Jan 6, 2003
Shadows of Mt Boney, CA.
It is really too bad we don't get to hear her side of the story. I would love to hear how she would justify her actions.

"My son was just minding his own business, when all of the sudden..."

Joe

Monkey
Dec 5, 2003
HoyHoy
When these people that file these dumb lawsuits enter the witness stand they should be dropped into a big pit and incinerated. That way less stupid lawsuits.

Well that aint going to happen,

But if she does go ahead,

In your defence:
Her kids were out of control and were 'vandalising' your property,
It is not illegal to drive with a grill, plus you had one on order at the time so it wasnt like you were careless.
Chances are if shes got umpteen kids and an SUV she could be fairly broke, and trying to get cash. Although she would have had to plan it....
Kids hand was stuck yet there was only a few cuts? I would imagine fingers missing and paramedics. The last thing on your mind if that really did happen would be a lawsuit. And you say she didnt really give a toss about the kids. So back to her negligence.

You should be ok but there are too many lawyers out there trying to make money.

M

MSpike

The fact that she threatened you with a lawyer on the spot speaks volumes. If you are injured, what is the first thing you do -- call a doctor or threaten someone with a lawyer? A judge (if it ever went that far) would see right through her.

Also, the fact that her lawyer called you two days after the incident threatening to sue you for negligence, hospital bills, and "pain and suffering" shows that the lawyer is a.) a complete idiot and b.) just trying to scare you hoping that you will panic and send him a check. If the kid had truly sustained a bad injury that qualified for a "pain and suffering" award, that determination would most likely be made after more extensive medical treatment and the call from the lawyer would have come six months or a year from now, not two days after the accident.

Your insurance company should be able to handle everything for you so you shouldn't need to worry about hiring a lawyer for this.
If the woman takes you to small claims court, any decent judge would see that the woman is just trying to cash in on a bogus claim. The judge should find that the woman is ultimately responsible for watching her kids and it's not your fault that she failed to do so.

Hmmm....this case seems to have caused you a lot of stress. Maybe a countersuit is in order. In her haste to leave the parking lot, didn't you say the woman ran over your foot? ;)

Dartman

Old Bastard Mike
Feb 26, 2003
Richmond, VA
Maybe we can start a class action suit against her for causing you to post the story for the stress and anguish it has caused us all. :p

Mike

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
This reminds me of one of my favorite stories.
One of my economics professors was over in Germany at some big plant. He walked up on this machine that was a big spinning blade,
that they dropped stuff into it. My Professor looked at the plant manager and said, "You guys do not have a warning sign or a screen or anything over that blade, what if somebody was to stick their hand down in there?
The plant manager looked at him like he was a moron and said,
"Why in the hell would anyone do that?"

The fact that you can even sue for situations like these in our country
is sad.:mumble:

You should learn a couple things from this though:
1: Give her a fake number
2: Reason 20084 not to eat at Taco Bell.