Quantcast

WTF? Olympic opening ceremonies...

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
What the hell is going on here?

I hate performance art. But I do now want a Ricola.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
The "flaming" rollerbladers were a nice touch, eh?

It affirms what we've known about fruit-booters all along.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
narlus said:
is she doing curling or ski jumping?

btw, her woman thingies are still nice.
She was North America's "Woman of Distinction" to carry the olympic flag...

Why not......hell......anybody...

uh....

...actually, I guess since Rosa Parks died a woman hasnt really contributed anything except good hot meals like she's supposed to. They coulda used cheryl swoops and killed two birds with one stone. Love that diverstity.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
yoko ono...i missed her exhibit in Stockholm in '04. i went to see Mark Knopfler's crayon drawings instead.

did al queda attack yet? i am going to sleep.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
narlus said:
yoko ono...i missed her exhibit in Stockholm in '04. i went to see Mark Knopfler's crayon drawings instead.

did al queda attack yet? i am going to sleep.
No, but Sudan's alpine skiing team was just disqualified for doping.

riverside73

Monkey
Nov 29, 2004
WTF is right!! What a bunch of random $hit just thrown together. Flaming inline skaters....athlete's marching in to gay 70's/80's music....a Ferrari spinning donuts in the middle of the stadium. Whoever put this thing together should be the poster child for Adult A.D.D.!

BSEVEER

Monkey
Dec 23, 2004
SoCal
WSU DH'er said:
hey the ferrari was one of the few redeeming factors

Edit:
No idea what it had to do with winter olympics though

The big smokey burnout was by far the coolest thing ever in an olympic opening ceremony.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
I Are Baboon said:
So is it "Turin" or "Torino"? How come we need 67 different spellings for the place?
If one is masculine and one is feminine, they both have a mustache.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
I noticed in their performances, they were going all through history. ie. the renaissance.... I wonder why they skipped an event as important as WW2?

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
All I could think of when those flaming skaters were skating around was that confirms it... most people I see in the local park on inline skates are... well flamers!!! so it fit...

as I was writing the above, I couldn't stop thinking of the time a kid I went to college with (who was kinda a jerk) got the bright idea to put 151 in his camelbak to take with him to diferent functions to mix with whatever was being served, and the one time my friend Jon borrowed a lighter while he wasn't looking and lit the bitevalve when Bill realized what was happening he went screaming trying to fling the pack off before the thing went up... but after he got it off he tried to step on the bite valve to put out the little flame, and it let out a little more, and then Bills shoe was full blaze!!! what a trip!!!

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
kinghami3 said:
It seems as though I didn't miss much; performance art can be cool, or it can really BurleyShirley.
BWAHAHAHA too F'n Funny!!! I just haven't been around long enough to see where all the animosity came from!!! but it sure is funny round here:D