Quantcast

wtf? rent?

mcA896

Turbo Monkey
Aug 15, 2003
Cape Cod, MA
i just saw a preview for this movie, and i cannot figure out what the hell it is supposed to be about. website synopsis link no worky for me. the preview does no good to tell the plot. RENT

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I went to Toronto to see it with my ex. It sucked is all I can say. I spent major coin to see it. She thought it was the greatest think since air. I have no idea why.

J

JRB

mcA896 said:
you're just mad because N8 has finally surpassed your suck level.
I'm actually mad because my brother is gay, and I don't think fudge packer is funny. If you must know.

mcA896

Turbo Monkey
Aug 15, 2003
Cape Cod, MA
Alright, but I must be thinking fudge packer is something different? I thought it linked the color of fudge with a certain ethnicity. But I understand now.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
mcA896 said:
Alright, but I must be thinking fudge packer is something different? I thought it linked the color of fudge with a certain ethnicity. But I understand now.
One who possesses an instrument of penetration -- either organic or synthetic / metallic -- and proceeds to enter an anal orifice (N.B.: typically male to male, but male to female occassionally takes place; and, female to male / female possible with strap-on dildo or other device of sodomization) for purposes of self or mutual pleasure which, in effect, compresses or pushes in any fecal matter (i.e. "having your **** pushed in").

Conventional edible fudge can resemble feces and "packing" said fudge would require a confined space and a tool of insertion with which to vigorously and quickly reduce volume of liquid / semi-liquid such that the fudge is compressed into a container. As well, pressure may be equilibriated by means of retro-active movement into spaces beyond.

And Rent is a musical, it has no plot because, its a musical!

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
it actualy has a plot or so i was told i think it has something to do with the big city and money, i do know for a fact that after visting the theater's bar during intermission the second half was much funnier

on that note this is a message for loco and n8 do you two screwballs have jobs or girlfreinds, at one post every 30 seconds (the fastest you are allowed to post) you each have spent more than 100 hours just posting

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
loco said:
I'm actually mad because my brother is gay, and I don't think fudge packer is funny. If you must know.
I know a bunch of fudge packers and only a few of them are gay. Most are ex-cons.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
N8 said:
Ain't it about a buncha fudge packers?
The problem with anti-gay comments is not that I think you hate gays or you are a homophobe. It's that idiots who think gays are AIDS-carriers and are destined for hell are encouraged your stupid comments.

kizzi77

Monkey
Aug 11, 2005
nashvegas
mcA896 said:
i just saw a preview for this movie, and i cannot figure out what the hell it is supposed to be about. website synopsis link no worky for me. the preview does no good to tell the plot. RENT
I'm waiting for the movie LEASE ("Everbody has AIDS...")

loco said:

Is butt pirate okay, then?

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I saw the musical about five years ago. It made me want to stab my eyes out with a fork. I can only imagine the movie would have the same impact on me.

What the hell was I thinking going to see that pile of turd? Oh yeah, some theater friends of mine dragged me, and I dragged MBC. Sorry, MBC! :(

Cooter Brown

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2002
Snow Hall, tweakin on math
yeah, I have to go see the schit in dallas while there for thanxgiving:angry: :mumble: :mumble:

and funny you say something about the gays in it, we're seeing it with my bro in law............and his boyfriend

I figured just about the same as most of you, Rent=major suckitute, and like you jdcamb, the wife cannot wait for it to come out, oh days of joy:mumble:

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
the Inbred said:
those of you who say it sucks...have y'all seen other musicals?
For me, just a few. Generally speaking, I am not a huge fan of the theater, but Rent was the only one I hated. The Producers was fantastic.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
N8 said:
I see it is back on the big screen too!
I hear the new version will be out in December? The muscial is plenty different than the original movie. The general premise is the same, but there is plenty of difference. I am looking forward to the new release.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
N8 said:
I'd like to see a Blue Man Group performance someday.
That was a great show. We saw them in Boston. It's a very unique show and you walk out wondering WTF it was that you just saw. We thought about seeing them in Vegas a couple of weeks ago, but two $100 shows was enough for us for one week. Maybe next time. :)

mcA896

Turbo Monkey
Aug 15, 2003
Cape Cod, MA
I saw Blue Man Group a few years ago at Charles Playhouse in Boston. Damn good show. I would definitly recommend going :thumb: it was extremely fun, especially the end.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
MtnBikerChk said:
When I hear the RENT song.... all I think of is TEAM AMERICA!
Thats harsh. But very funny. Thanks for the implant. Every time I hear that song I will be thinking of the puppet sex scene.....

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
"Would you light my candle???"

This is definitely one of the worst threads ever. Ignorance and homophobia all wrapped up into one big suckfest. I thought is was going to be some youngsters complaining about having to pay rent for the first time, which would have been more entertaining.

Rent is about a bunch of starving artists dealing with drugs, AIDS and poverty. As I recall it was written by a poor, drug addicted homosexual who later died from AIDS.

kizzi77

Monkey
Aug 11, 2005
nashvegas
loco said:
Wow - ignore list at under 100 posts. Nice. :thumb:
Alright :thumb: Now I can continue to make fun of you and call you out on stuff and don't have read you crying about it....I am girl and you're a thousand time more girly than me. HAHAHAHAHA:D

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
OGRipper said:
"Would you light my candle???"

This is definitely one of the worst threads ever. Ignorance and homophobia all wrapped up into one big suckfest. I thought is was going to be some youngsters complaining about having to pay rent for the first time, which would have been more entertaining.

Rent is about a bunch of starving artists dealing with drugs, AIDS and poverty. As I recall it was written by a poor, drug addicted homosexual who later died from AIDS.
In its original stage adaptation (before it ran on B-way). It was lame in that it didn't coherently convey what it was about to me. It seemed to be more about demonstrating the talents of the players and not the play. It had a dark moody stage presence that got boring because the emotion didn't keep up with the story. It was sadly very lame IMO. The hype didn't equal the event as is often the case when I see a b-way show before it has been honed by the critics and fans over a run.