Quantcast

### WTF Saturderp GMT###

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:
Picked up kid from camp last night. Gonna make her some sourdough waffles if she ever wakes up. Poor kid must have had a lot of fun, she never sleeps in.
Took dog for 10k early this morning. Sitting on the front porch, drinking my coffee.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Watched 'The Last Jedi' with Haley last night. It's the first Star Wars movie she's made it all the way through, despite being scared in parts. She now wants to watch all of them in order. I'm debating even doing 1-3, but the back history is important.

House warming party for a friend from work this evening. We'll likely be the oldest be 5+ yrs and for sure the only ones with kids. Should be amusing.

Think I've sorted my new car bit chomping. I'm probably going to just do a tune on the Subie, higher flow exhaust, and new springs that are stiffer and will lower it 1.5". Better handling and more umph. My oop will be much lower than selling both cars and buying the Polestar, and the Subie will likely still be more reliable. The M wil still reside in the garage and I'll keep my mileage sub-5k annually. Repairs stay down and the lower mileage keeps the value growing vs. dropping. Wifey probably won't like it, but given my need for fast cars, she'll likely let it slide as long as I get her fireplace finished this winter.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Keeping cars around to not drive 'em is dumb, just sayin'.

I am at work. Working both days this weekend. I shall treat the collective crew on with me to lunch today.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
This morning's ride was cold and breezy which was great since I have the energy of a slug and rode very, very slow. Trying to keep up with the Srava guys on Thursdays will reduce my riding to 3 times per week short term but should really pay off by late summer.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Keeping cars around to not drive 'em is dumb, just sayin'.
I do not agree with this Toshi logic. I know a lot of guys who have held onto their dream cars for 30 and 40 years. The emotional benefits and satisfaction of ownership may not be for you but it does work for many. If you have the space and can afford to do it, why not?

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I do not agree with this Toshi logic. I know a lot of guys who have held onto their dream cars for 30 and 40 years. The emotional benefits and satisfaction of ownership may not be for you but it does work for many. If you have the space and can afford to do it, why not?
Meanwhile @stoney is posting hot tips on how to save money on buying crayons for school...

/semi-kidding

:D

roflbox

roflborx
Jan 23, 2017
Raleigh, NC
took ding dong doggo out for brief morning spin, lunch with old co-worker, dinner date, then @jackalope arrives, sufficient beers are consumed so he is sweating out booze in the airplane on the way from NC to whistler, and properly dehydrated for a week of crabalope hits

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Ask him about his fancy new e-bike.
I haven't taken delivery of the Shuttle, the fancy one.

My belt drive now-electrified commuter bike is currently part-borked: stupid torque-sensing bottom bracket crapped out on my ride in.

The key point is that neither of these is/will be garage queens.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I think 5 days of busy work, late nights, fast rides and beer finally caught up to me this morning. I feel like I drank 10 beers last night.

Nap time.

Then ride time.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
I haven't taken delivery of the Shuttle, the fancy one.

My belt drive now-electrified commuter bike is currently part-borked: stupid torque-sensing bottom bracket crapped out on my ride in.

The key point is that neither of these is/will be garage queens.
Please weigh yourself when you do get your fancy new e-bike. Then again after a month of riding it. This way we can have empirical evidence as to wether you're on the fast-track to fatty town or not.

And if you are, gas is the next step:

[

:busted:

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Rode the tri bike today. 101 miles at 18.8 mph, followed by a 3 mile run. Not sure which was harder.

This was a charity ride. Lots of big packs of riders, but I rode in my one man wolf pack. Training for an Ironman...needed to do this shit solo

KenW449

Thanos did nothing wrong
Jun 13, 2017
Floating down the whiskey river...
I love that town. Learned to ski at snowbowl. Probably should have gone to college there.
Its nice up here. Finally got some real air time, skipped the table tops and went straight to gaps... because thats all there was that i saw. Was tired after the group ride so we didnt wanna pedal far.

Managed to fall off a skinny at the park and did something to my wrist.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Mucho, mucho fun DHing with wifey with a bonus pro-celebrity appearance and runs done with @Nick

Now to watch the WC DH, followed by the 2nd loser playoff football WC game.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Sram overnighted my warranty replacement brake levers so the Giggle Pig is back in my hands and ready to roll. I did not get an upgrade as they now have lots of Guide R replacement levers on hand and are only replacing levers under warranty. Or so they say. Nor worries for me. Props to my LBS for facilitating the replacement on a bike they did not sell. :thumb:

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
speaking of...installed that oneup dropper today. super easy. wouldn’t mind a little more vertical adjustability on the seat angle, and the lever sits a tad close to the mounting bolt on my brake lever, but in general, seems legit.

now, beers. plan is to go hiking/creek romping with the fam tomorrow...

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Sitting behind my camper in a field drinking a beer at sunset and I Just watched a Black Shouldered Kite make a successful catch. He flew off with a small screaming mammal in his talons. Either a ground squirrel or small bunny. Very cool