Quantcast

WTF....sickness!!

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
So since last Friday niight I have been sicker than I can ever remember. I have been missing work and going home early and I just can't figure out what it is. I usually don't get sick and haven't been fro a long time....but I'm starting to wonder if I should go to the doctor. I hate doctors but if I'm not feeling better soon I just may go.

Has anyone ever been so sick that you just do want to even do simple things like eat and take a shower. I have been told that also my mood has changed for the worse....a friend of mine suggested since I ride that I may have lymes disease...but I don't think that's it. I have also been very forgetful, sometimes forgetting the most basic of all things when working on my bike or caring for my cats.

I guess this is more of a rant but just sharing my last weeks experiences to see if anyone has had the same things occur...ok I'm done before this turns into a novel...D

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
did you crash or anything recently that might cause a concussion? Just throwing out an idea that came to the top of my head since I know you ride DH.

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
MMcG said:
did you crash or anything recently that might cause a concussion? Just throwing out an idea that came to the top of my head since I know you ride DH.
hmm...I did have a pretty good crash but my head felt fine...I did pull a 2 inch piece of wood uot of my arse though...that hurt like a muther*@#$?!...for some reason Rabie and Slugman were hesitant to help me get it out at Big bear:)

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
What kind of sick? Just lethargic/forgetful or are you achey/headache/stuffed up/nauseous/whatever?

I got a weird flu earlier this summer for like 5 days, I felt horrible. Hard to drag myself into the shower etc. So yeah, I've been that sick, but if you don't have a specific symptom that you can blame it on ("My muscles ache too much to get out of bed"), get yerself to a doctor. That's what health insurance is for, right?

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
West Nile Virus is running around the west coast too, its probably not that though.

If there is any doubt go to your doctor. It sounds like this has been going on for a while and its better to get this addressed sooner than later

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
Zark said:
West Nile Virus is running around the west coast too, its probably not that though.

If there is any doubt go to your doctor. It sounds like this has been going on for a while and its better to get this addressed sooner than later
yeah but they can never seem to agree on anything or they will give me some BS answer becasue they can't figure out what's wrong with me...they will use somethign like "stress" to blame it on....but If I'm not better by Monday I guess I will go....I just feel totally out of balance....D

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
It's from all that hardtail riding - you should just send that beautiful hardtail of yours to me and you'll be instantly cured! ;)

Seriously if you did crash you may have experienced a mild concussion and just not know it.

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
BMXman said:
yeah but they can never seem to agree on anything or they will give me some BS answer becasue they can't figure out what's wrong with me...they will use somethign like "stress" to blame it on....but If I'm not better by Monday I guess I will go....I just feel totally out of balance....D
I hear that man. My roomate was in unreal pain Wed night, I take him in to the ER. Kevin thought it was a kidney stone, but the docs didn't find one, so they sent hime home. Low and behold he was still writhing in pain, they finally figured it out that he needed he appendix removed. The fact that they sent him home cause they didn't know what was going on was unbelievable! You'd think they'd figure out what was going on first.

If things get serious Donnie, don't hesitate and get down there, hope you feel better man :(

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
BMXman said:
hmm...I did have a pretty good crash but my head felt fine...I did pull a 2 inch piece of wood uot of my arse though...that hurt like a muther*@#$?!...for some reason Rabie and Slugman were hesitant to help me get it out at Big bear:)
You were seious about that... I thought you were just hitting on me. :eviltongu

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
golgiaparatus said:
You feel thatbad and havent seen a doc yet? :nope:
Well I should mention that I haven't seen a doctor since I was 16 years old (outside of bone breaks and dislocations) and I'm now 33... I just don't trust them and have always been able to handle any problems myself. I don't take any kind of unnatural medicine so it's been counter productive to see a doctor.....doctors just seem to want to medicate whatever the problem is instead of finding out why you have the problem and trying to eliminate the cause....this is all just my opinion of course.....D

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
binary visions said:
What kind of sick? Just lethargic/forgetful or are you achey/headache/stuffed up/nauseous/whatever?

I got a weird flu earlier this summer for like 5 days, I felt horrible. Hard to drag myself into the shower etc. So yeah, I've been that sick, but if you don't have a specific symptom that you can blame it on ("My muscles ache too much to get out of bed"), get yerself to a doctor. That's what health insurance is for, right?
I keep forgetting basic things, vertigo, and just in a bad mood...not to mention upset stomach almost daily....I doubt I have a concussion...maybe it's because I look at a computer screen to much:)...D

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
BMXman said:
....doctors just seem to want to medicate whatever the problem is instead of finding out why you have the problem and trying to eliminate the cause....this is all just my opinion of course.....D
Go see a D.O. instead of an M.D. Typically, D.O.s practice a "whole person" approach to medicine instead of just treating the symptoms.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
BMXman said:
I keep forgetting basic things, vertigo, and just in a bad mood...not to mention upset stomach almost daily....I doubt I have a concussion...maybe it's because I look at a computer screen to much:)...D
Well, perhaps go into the doctor and tell him straight off that you don't want medications, but can he at least point you in the right direction?

Make sure you're being especially mindful of your diet and sleep habits (you're a vegetarian, right? Most vegetarians are very mindful of their eating habits so this may not apply). Bad diet and sleep habits can fvck with your system far worse than most minor illnesses.

Also consider what may have been changes to your living habits lately. More stress at work? Started eating at different times? Significantly less/more exercise? Stress is a big one.

I'm no doctor, just throwing out things that can make me feel off.

Knuckleslammer

took the red pill
I've wanted to do a bowel cleanse for a while, but then I have to think to myself. I can't bring myself to kill the parasites that are happily festering, breeding and partying in my gut. Coupled with the fact that I couldn't bear witness to the extrication or evacuation of parasitic organisms into the porcelain God, the same God I bow down to upon my knees every so often. A nervous breakdown would certainly ensue. What would they eat? What would they do? They too are a life, are they not? Just because they harvest life from anothers existance does not warrant one to take God into his/her own hands and bring forth death upon them does it? Could you kill this? :D

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
binary visions said:
Well, perhaps go into the doctor and tell him straight off that you don't want medications, but can he at least point you in the right direction?

Make sure you're being especially mindful of your diet and sleep habits (you're a vegetarian, right? Most vegetarians are very mindful of their eating habits so this may not apply). Bad diet and sleep habits can fvck with your system far worse than most minor illnesses.

Also consider what may have been changes to your living habits lately. More stress at work? Started eating at different times? Significantly less/more exercise? Stress is a big one.

I'm no doctor, just throwing out things that can make me feel off.
yes I'm a vegetarian so I don't think my diet is really anything to take into consideration...my sleeping habits have been kind of off...definitley more demands at work...I work about 55 hrs pretty regualrly now so that can't be helping...and I have also gained about 15lbs....you might be on to something....I will check out the D.O that was mentioned and do some research....D

Velocity Girl

whack-a-mole
Sep 12, 2001
Atlanta
After a week I'd go see a doc to get things checked out. Unless it's the flu, most normal colds, etc. don't linger that long with such bad symptoms. And I know it can be a pain because they sometimes dismiss you....be nice but persistent. Sometimes it might take a trip or two back if it's something out of the oridinary before the find the right thing. Hope you're feeling better soon man!