Quantcast

***WTF Thursday GMT***

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Don't remember if I posted this yet, but here's our latest restoration. The Young Gun is too small to get on and off independently, but he loves to fly once I get him on the seat (along with the random sideways skid, so much for the new tires...)

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning. Yesterday sucked! Sq-Earl creamed a deer and did over $3000 worth of body damage to his truck (we'll know the full extent of the damage once they get it all apart to fix); then last night we had Tball and I managed to hit a cat. Thankfully it was a stray and died quickly but Syd was with me and "still feels bad for the kitty even though no one taught him not to play in the road". I still can't stop coughing and still no baby so yeah, sucky day! :(

On the bright side, I get to make about 400 chocolate dipped strawberries for mother's day today and tomorrow with my students and tomorrow is my last day (leaving for maternity leave). Yeah me!

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Morning. Yesterday sucked! Sq-Earl creamed a deer and did over $3000 worth of body damage to his truck (we'll know the full extent of the damage once they get it all apart to fix); then last night we had Tball and I managed to hit a cat. Thankfully it was a stray and died quickly but Syd was with me and "still feels bad for the kitty even though no one taught him not to play in the road". I still can't stop coughing and still no baby so yeah, sucky day! :(

On the bright side, I get to make about 400 chocolate dipped strawberries for mother's day today and tomorrow with my students and tomorrow is my last day (leaving for maternity leave). Yeah me!
You hit a deer and a cat in one day? At least you have some fresh ingredients for a batch of roadkill stew :D

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Well that crap is done for another two years. I had to get our ambulances inspected and permitted by the CHP followed by the inspection and operations permit for Alameda county. Final inspections started at 0630 and finished at 0800 this morning. Stick a fork in me.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Good morning.

The thing about many of my trails here in Golden is I kinda look at them as two rides, the climb and the descent. Many of the climbs are brutal, at least for me. Last night I had a great ride up one of the love/hate local climbs cleaning all but the two most difficult sections, followed by a absolutely flowing ride down the same trail. Gaping rocks to rocks, manualing through grade dips, carving turns.

Felt really good, I tell ya.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Having a message conversation with a kid on Pinkbike for a frame to replace the frame I broke earlier this week...reminds me why Pinkbike is a joke.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
what frame did you break, the rfx?
I have a L black ano frame sitting in my garage needing a home.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
It would seem I accidentally purchased low sugar Orange Juice. Why in the world do they even make such an abomination.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
what frame did you break, the rfx?
I have a L black ano frame sitting in my garage needing a home.
The Burner/Flux. There's a large Flux on Pinkbike but the guy wants more than what I paid for mine (same year) 3 years ago.

Luckily as I was typing this response Greg at Turner emailed me back. He pulled through for me big time on my DHR a few years ago so we'll see what he can do.

PM me about the frame you have just in case.

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
Oh hey. Happy Thursday. It's almost Friday. Hoo-rah. My legs doth protest to teh hills this morning. Sunny here today, will have to catch that pic of Rainier on my ride home for y'all. Make it a good one.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I watched the documentary in the HuffPost link this am. Very cool story.

Good morning.

The thing about many of my trails here in Golden is I kinda look at them as two rides, the climb and the descent. Many of the climbs are brutal, at least for me. Last night I had a great ride up one of the love/hate local climbs cleaning all but the two most difficult sections, followed by a absolutely flowing ride down the same trail. Gaping rocks to rocks, manualing through grade dips, carving turns.

Felt really good, I tell ya.
I want to get in a weekday ride.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
It would seem I accidentally purchased low sugar Orange Juice. Why in the world do they even make such an abomination.

So I can still have orange juice...

Evening monkey's. Today was the best day I have had in a long long time at work. I received my official management offer written and signed numbers and all...... I am getting a 17K a year raise for a ****ty job, 25K plus raise for a good job, great job just climbs from there

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
So I can still have orange juice...

Evening monkey's. Today was the best day I have had in a long long time at work. I received my official management offer written and signed numbers and all...... I am getting a 17K a year raise for a ****ty job, 25K plus raise for a good job, great job just climbs from there
Just cut the normal stuff with water, I generally do as the normal stuff is too sweet for me. The full strength low sugar stuff tastes like some kind of cleaning product.