Quantcast

***> WTFO <***

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Waking up. Got almost everything done yesterday, including Haley's new ski jacket. I know it's an expensive sport, but damn, is a good jacket expensive.

Need all the coffee.

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
11F. Still no measurable snow here.
Ground has the most frost we’ve had in years.

Contemplating a gravel ride, but will more than likely wuss out and ride zwift.
6 year old birthday party this afternoon. Glad I’ve got my booster :disgust:

gonefirefightin

free wieners
Still sick, Using the amazon shopping cart as therapy

New speargun
New .5mm diveskin
New 1.5 diveskin
New mask
New Snorkel

That should make me feel better till tomorrow.

In other news, All of my Emergency medical certs and fire quals expire today. They will not be renewed.......ever.

Feels sooooo good....

Last edited:

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all

how’s your son, Claus?

I am planning a lounging about the house kind of day. There shall be music practice (elder kids and me alike), some PS5 playing, MCU watching, and Peloton. Not simultaneously, mind you.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Already 40 freedums, doesn't look like it got below freezing anywhere nearby last night so snow conditions for fat biking will be poop.

Either a long "gravel" aka adventure ride on the rigid 29er or indoors staring at a screen. I shall ponder for a while.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Hannah: "your arm is not big enough. It's this tiny."

Well thanks honey. Guess I need to go to the gym.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Cold again but getting warmer. Not quite enough time to go for a ski with the boys ahead of dose 2. So they sit in the house like beasts in a cage...

I went for my shakedown ride yesterday on the multi use path along the river that gets groomed for skiing (fatbiking is permitted). Felt pretty shit. My fitness is shit, and it felt unnatural to be on a bike. This is the first time in my life (aside maybe from when I first learned to ride) that I felt that way. I was pretty bummed yesterday, that wasn't how I envisioned my first ride going. But in retrospect, the first ride on a fatbike always feels weird, and I may have been overdressed for the weather. Breathing through a fleece buff isn't great.

Still, there's lots of work yet to be done before I get back to normal...

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
skiing yesterday was awesome, tried some new skis which I think I'll keep, snow got too warm in the sun but much fun was had. that + beers + thai = 10 hrs sleep.

@slyfink straightjacket monkey FTW

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Knee continues to improve but being laid up for three days is getting old. At first it was actually sort of nice to recover and relax after a hectic and exhausting xmas break but now even after doing some stretching but I feel the lethargy is creeping in. Need to do something to flex my body a bit more.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Here. Waking up. Got almost everything done yesterday, including Haley's new ski jacket. I know it's an expensive sport, but damn, is a good jacket expensive.

Need all the coffee.
Always buy skiwear from Sierra. Unless you need it now. Then pay up, sucka'!

Still sick, Using the amazon shopping cart as therapy
You *sure* you're not a 17yo girl?? :think: :D

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Sunday ride, como siempre.

1642356901226.png

But I went solo and skipped on cafe breakfast b/c the kiddo tested positive, though the rest of us remain negative...guessing the vax did its thing. She was only ably to get 1/2 before catching it from some new arrivals, it seems.

Some tweaks to the DVO Topaz made it ride really, really well at speed even though it felt too firm in the parking lot. More progression very welcome. The negative chamber volume spacer might be a little too much. Going to ride again before deciding whether to keep or not...might be better to remove it and up the bladder pressure instead...?

I definitely want a little softer start with the fork coupled with more progression, but I'll need to research how to do this on the simple RC damper in this xfusion. Haven't played with anything internal on it, just the pressure and the 2 external adjusters. And/or if I can drop a better damper in.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
tried some new skis which I think I'll keep
What'd you get? I'm getting the urge again to try out some 80 mm underfoot carvy-carvy skis for days with the wife on-piste.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
What'd you get? I'm getting the urge again to try out some 80 mm underfoot carvy-carvy skis for days with the wife on-piste.
This is what tempts me:

:D

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Hello all

how’s your son, Claus?

I am planning a lounging about the house kind of day. There shall be music practice (elder kids and me alike), some PS5 playing, MCU watching, and Peloton. Not simultaneously, mind you.
He is doing much better. The current version seems less severe or the vaccination is helping maybe. So the rest of us are symptom free!

I more worried about my collarbone:cray::cray:

Last edited:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
12” of snow on the #deck in South Asheville. Man fuck this shit. @jstuhlman i hope you didn’t get a bunch of ice like they were calling for.
That sucks. Can only imagine the chaos on the roads down there...

We're supposed to get a 8-12" early tomorrow morning, right before rush hour. Should be fun getting to work.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
hangin out with the kids, managed 20mi on the trainer which is goot but I wanted 30mi. I guess climbing up the thing took some time. Might get more tomorrow.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Ain’t nobody got time for radius > 35 m
bizzard brahma or bonafide?
12” of snow on the #deck in South Asheville. Man fuck this shit. @jstuhlman i hope you didn’t get a bunch of ice like they were calling for.
we got same as this guy:
2.5 inches of ice in the Triad. It's a mix of snow and ice that is really hard to walk on. No chance of driving on it, nope.
it rained a bit later in the day. not supposed to get too cold tonight, then sunny and up around 40 tomorrow, so should be fine in short order. i don't think the area got the widespread power outages everyone was expecting. ours never even flickered.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Went for a little ride on MTB's with the wife, 72miles later rolled back into the driveway.

Eating everything not tied down now.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
Went out for a leisurely ride with the wife to the library, then post office. Post office is next to a brewery, so... :cheers:

Then up the "big" hill, drop by the liquor store on the way back down, then throw the bread in the oven when we got home.
20220116_181217_resize_11.jpg

Last edited: