Quantcast

WTH: Drivers out of date?

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
so I'm browsing the lounge and the page closes. a message pops up claiming to be from the webpage saying that my drivers are out of date and I need to upgrade them then some " Page pops up with install these... needless to say I shut down IE9 and started my virus scan. running vista

I clicked on a thead not any of the ads

Rogue script?

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I tried to replicate this and can't. It could have been an ad that squeaked through the ad networks and is now removed, but they are usually pretty good about that. I'd be more inclined to suspect something local on your machine.

Anyone else experience this?

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
No but all the layout of the pages has been screwy for me for the last day?
Links back from the thread back out to the forum are gone and lots of text boxes/links running over the top of each other in random places, and the notification/pm/login/account line of links usually top right is gone?

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
No but all the layout of the pages has been screwy for me for the last day?
Links back from the thread back out to the forum are gone and lots of text boxes/links running over the top of each other in random places, and the notification/pm/login/account line of links usually top right is gone?
What browser?

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Had no idea. Working on most of it - I can't duplicate your issue with the missing notification/pm/settings/etc. bar, though. That appears just fine for me. It's missing even if you're logged in? It looks like most of these issues appear when you're not logged in.

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
I got the "drivers out of date", but on a different website (www.madison.com). It popped up along with a dialog box (update drivers), but the header on the page (little icon on the tab?) still had the default madison.com logo. It's definitely something floating out there, but don't think it's ridemonkey specific.