Quantcast

WTP Curse 20'

trap121

Monkey
May 26, 2011
I just bought a WTP Curse 20 inch and I want to lighten it up as much as I can without making it too fragile. Im about 140 and not the smoothest rider. Im coming from DH and dont know much about bmx components and manufactures so I need some help. Its maily for park riding

What should I swap to drop some lbs?

Last edited:

Mutt

Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Lost on Long Island
if it is the one currently on the wtp site, I would swap out the handle bars and forks first without a moments hesitation. they are listed as both being hi tensile steel which is heavier and/or weaker than chromolly. I personally have a history of snapping 1020 hi-ten parts and a frame. You want to dispell any thoughts of your fork or bars breaking on you while riding. otherwise weight tends to hand out in your drive train (cranks & bb) and wheels (more so in the rear). You can swap out bolts for ti bolts somewhat inexpensively through a canadian bolt manufacturer whos name I can't recall right now. But for goodness sake, get ride of the 1020 hi-ten.

Mutt

Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Lost on Long Island
if it is the one currently on the wtp site, I would swap out the handle bars and forks first without a moments hesitation. they are listed as both being hi tensile steel which is heavier and/or weaker than chromolly. I personally have a history of snapping 1020 hi-ten parts and a frame. You want to dispell any thoughts of your fork or bars breaking on you while riding. otherwise weight tends to hand out in your drive train (cranks & bb) and wheels (more so in the rear). You can swap out bolts for ti bolts somewhat inexpensively through a canadian bolt manufacturer whos name I can't recall right now. But for goodness sake, get ride of the 1020 hi-ten.