Quantcast

@@Wuhan Free Monday@@

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Hi everybody!

The search for the perfect saddle continues, but I'm taint-pain-free at least. I'm having fun with it. Will somebody send some Supacaz socks to germany? I'm waiting on an order before I can put the new roadie together.

Wife came home from California with the corona lite virus, so she's laid up and I'll probably have to take the kids to school...then start the whole process last week over! yay!

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Nice weather this weekend where I started out feeling like crap but finished strong (except for no bike riding). I did spend a lot of good time in the garden moving plants around and planting a few new things. As much as the garden is in good shape I can keep coming up with new things to do so my plan to never be done looks good. Gotta hit the gym tonight.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Depends how far you take that. I do not want to adjust points on my daily driver. And carburetors kind of suck.
Computer on car are ok when they can be read with a $100 scanner. When it becomes so closed that you need a $10k computer to access live data it total bullshit. Sprinter is a great van, until you own one. Air filter needing to be teached in by dealer, FTS!!

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
Computer on car are ok when they can be read with a $100 scanner. When it becomes so closed that you need a $10k computer to access live data it total bullshit. Sprinter is a great van, until you own one. Air filter needing to be teached in by dealer, FTS!!
Christ. I have extensive access to my vehicle with a $20 dongle and $10 app.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

2 phone interviews today, one I am excited about, the other I am way under qualified for and don't really know why he wants to talk to me. That one is also first, I have an hour recovery before the second.

On a lighter note, my carbon cranks should be here Thursday. Ha, lighter. :drag:

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Timely conversation as I'd like to get a tune up this week.

Really good skiing yesterday morning, even though I missed the midweek snow.

It's SO mild and warm-ish in town. It's going to hit 50s this week. I should take a ride or something.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
CANbus systems are both a blessing and a curse. More of a curse though.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. One mid-day appt today then going to see the orthodontist this afternoon. We got the premium dental and dental/vision FSA (which can't be carried over) because Haley was going to need braces, but they decided to hold off a year. We now have $2200 FSA and premium dental we are paying for, so I might be getting Invisalign for myself. I need to figure out the numbers on how much Wifey's oral surgery and my glasses will cost to see if getting my teeth straightened makes sense.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Here. One mid-day appt today then going to see the orthodontist this afternoon. We got the premium dental and dental/vision FSA (which can't be carried over) because Haley was going to need braces, but they decided to hold off a year. We now have $2200 FSA and premium dental we are paying for, so I might be getting Invisalign for myself. I need to figure out the numbers on how much Wifey's oral surgery and my glasses will cost to see if getting my teeth straightened makes sense.
Kid seems REALLY young to be getting braces, no? Two of my 3 kids had them, but both started around 12yo IIRC. :think:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Your dentist needs a new ///Car

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
So you sent over $2k to a FSA to save 10-15% of that money on taxes, only to now spending it all on work you do not really need? You sound like a government project planner.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
nephews took 1st and 3rd at soap box derby....my brother had to bust out the drill so the oldests would make weight....he took first...

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Kid seems REALLY young to be getting braces, no? Two of my 3 kids had them, but both started around 12yo IIRC. :think:
i got mine in probably second grade. just depends on when all them baby teef are out. I do think there's a ridiculous amount of pressure that most kids "need" braces nowadays. It's a losing battle I gave up on with my wife. *le sigh* 14yo just got his off . . . I know the 10yo is destined for them as well.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
skied all weekend. Laps off of Chair 8 & brats on the stove in teh Ginnny Lee Cabin @ Loveland all day with the girls on Saturday. Then Schmobbin' eldo Sunday with some hooligan homies, got some sick footage bru.
Then chili cook-off in town for dinner. 'twas a good weekend.

IMG_9189.PNG
IMG_9190.PNG
IMG_9193.PNG

Last edited:

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Sounds like a great time to get LASIK. I'm super, super happy with my results, as is @Nick.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
i got mine in probably second grade. just depends on when all them baby teef are out. I do think there's a ridiculous amount of pressure that most kids "need" braces nowadays. It's a losing battle I gave up on with my wife. *le sigh* 14yo just got his off . . . I know the 10yo is destined for them as well.
It's a small price to pay so that they aren't mistaken for being British. @6thElement can probably confirm.

:D

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
By the way, if anybody has a Galaxy phone and needs a new screen, Sprint is running a $50 special. Had mine done over the weekend and it's practically brand new now

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
I have been trying to get a tooth implant for 5 months. It's been about 20 appointments, so far, and it's going to be at least three more. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, I JUST WANT MY TOOTH.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
FSA (which can't be carried over)
This is exactly why HDHP + HSA is a far better option. No perverse incentives to waste the money lest lose it.

The only time a health care FSA would be preferable in a dirtbag way is if one is planning on leaving one's job in the first few months of the calendar year, as the FSA is funded on day 1 with gradual payback, as it were.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Christ. I have extensive access to my vehicle with a $20 dongle and $10 app.
My car has a built in code reader and displays them on the dash. They disabled it on the C6 and you needed a scanner to decode.

Just hold a button while pushing another button 4 times. Then you can cycle through each subsystem and see both historical (that haven't been cleared manually) and current fault codes. It's pretty slick, but she is also 19 years old and about to turn 200k. :(

My car has a built in code reader and displays them on the dash. They disabled it on the C6 and you needed a scanner to decode.

Just hold a button while pushing another button 4 times. Then you can cycle through each subsystem and see both historical (that haven't been cleared manually) and current fault codes. It's pretty slick, but she is also 19 years old and about to turn 200k. :(
I have a Snap-On reader someplace, but what a PITA.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
pfft you guys and your fancy digitial displays. I remember "playing the drums" on my MR2. You had to connect wires to two terminals in the ECU, then ground them in an alternating fashion six times- one, two, one, two etc. Then the airbag light would flash in morse code to let you know what was wrong with your car.