Quantcast

Wumpus is out of surgery...

J

JRB

He was in surgery for just over an hour. Susan is picking him up to head home.

For those that don't know, he broke his hand and had some hardware installed today.

Wish him well in the healing process now.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
loco said:
He was in surgery for just over an hour. Susan is picking him up to head home.

For those that don't know, he broke his hand and had some hardware installed today.

Wish him well in the healing process now.
Any news on what hardware etc they had to add? I hope he has a speedy recovery!!! and hopefully he can still post here... who knows he may take the title as the best one armed poster we have!!! (I dont know who he will be in competition with but, oh well) :)

J

JRB

brungeman said:
Any news on what hardware etc they had to add? I hope he has a speedy recovery!!! and hopefully he can still post here... who knows he may take the title as the best one armed poster we have!!! (I dont know who he will be in competition with but, oh well) :)
I'm pretty sure that there are lots of guys posting one handed, if you get my drift. I, for one, would like to keep on topic for Wumpus' hand though.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
good luck with it wumpus. hope they give you the after surgery x-ray so you can see it all in there.

J

JRB

While Jeremy R is usually funny, I don't think this is one of the times.

Sherpa

Basking in fail.
Jan 28, 2004
Arkansaw
SkaredShtles said:
AHhhhhhh......... much better.

This message is hidden because bicycleman is on your ignore list.
Good Call.

This message is hidden because bicycleman is on your ignore list.

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
bicycleman said:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooo.............
not another one, soon no one will be able to hear me:) :)
ohhhh almost forgot
I think you may have confused this thread with the drivel you usually enjoy posting in. Thanks for your contribution....

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
I learned I'm allergic to demerol and morphine, and that vicodin and narco don't do much for me.:dead:

The doc put an external fixing plate and a few pins into my pinky. I get to take the bandage off on Monday so I'll take some pics then.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
Wumpus said:
I learned I'm allergic to demerol and morphine, and that vicodin and narco don't do much for me.:dead:

The doc put an external fixing plate and a few pins into my pinky. I get to take the bandage off on Monday so I'll take some pics then.
When I read that you were allergic to demerol and morphine, I got that same look on my face that I get when I hear a child is allergic to peanut butter.:help:
That sucks.
Double up on the vicodin.:)

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Jeremy R said:
Double up on the vicodin.:)

Ugh. I think they feed that sh8t to blues musician's to keep them from playing cheery music. That stuff is bad news.

Good luck healing up Wump.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
H8R said:
Ugh. I think they feed that sh8t to blues musician's to keep them from playing cheery music. That stuff is bad news.

Good luck healing up Wump.
Its weird how if does different things to different people.
It makes some people drowsy and down.
It puts me in a really good mood, and makes me talk way faster than normal.
That is also why I do not take it unless I really need it.

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
Doc says my ring finger fracture seemed stable enough that I won't need a cast too.

Wumpus said:
I learned I'm allergic to demerol and morphine, and that vicodin and norco don't do much for me.:dead:

Well the norco finally worked as a chaser to the morphine, but the freaking side effects sucked so bad I'll deal with the pain.

Stay tuned as I will be unwrapping it later tonight.

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
Stop now.

I'm warning you. Stop now.

I debated for quite awhile about the surgery. The bone would have healed up without it, but my pinky was twisted so when I closed my hand it was tucking under the ring finger. It would have been quite annoying if it did that every time I grabbed the bars.

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
loco said:
How'd the running work out for you???
Just fine. If you would have read yesterday's GM thread, you would have known, but I know you don't have enough time to read and still get your daily posting done.*

*This post brought to you by two handed typing.:dancing: