Quantcast

WVU and OU halftime show

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Soooo, I'm flippin the channels and am half watching the WVU and OU Tostitos bowl and flip back during halftime and the WVU band is performing. Then my eyes bled. There was a dude, full dressed in satin and barefoot performing as a solo baton twirller.

Man, I know I'm old and should have a more open perspective and mind but man, if my son came home and said he wanted to be a baton twirller in the band..I dunno...

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Yep, they spanked OU and just when I was going to point to the Sugar Bowl to what is flawed by the ranking/poll system that would allow a team like Hawaii, even though undefeated, with their schedule into the Top 5 with the likes of GA, LSU, Ohio State, OU...

ahem, well.

WVpat

Chimp
Dec 19, 2007
Baltimore, MD/Morgantown, WV
Soooo, I'm flippin the channels and am half watching the WVU and OU Tostitos bowl and flip back during halftime and the WVU band is performing. Then my eyes bled. There was a dude, full dressed in satin and barefoot performing as a solo baton twirller.

Man, I know I'm old and should have a more open perspective and mind but man, if my son came home and said he wanted to be a baton twirller in the band..I dunno...
I go to WVU and he's there pretty much every home game (at least the ones I've been to). Apparently he's one of the top baton twirlers in the nation I've heard. And you are far from the first person to question this...

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
Awesome.
West Virginia f***ed Oklahoma like they were related.

At least this was just a regular upset though.
Unlike Georgia having to throttle Hawaii, or USC destroying Illinois.
Georgia and USC were both playing like #1 ranked football teams at the end of the year, then they are forced to play in slaughter bowls against inferior opponents. Another example of how crappy the BCS system is year after after.
Playoff.

Spero

ass rainbow
Jul 12, 2005
Tejas
Awesome.
West Virginia f***ed Oklahoma like they were related.

At least this was just a regular upset though.
Unlike Georgia having to throttle Hawaii, or USC destroying Illinois.
Georgia and USC were both playing like #1 ranked football teams at the end of the year, then they are forced to play in slaughter bowls against inferior opponents. Another example of how crappy the BCS system is year after after.
Playoff.
My only complaint about USC was their sportsmanship. They played like a bunch of angst ridden teens. All I saw during that game was shoving after plays, obvious and uncalled for **** talking and cheap shots. I was pretty apathetic as to the outcome of that game, but that kind of behavior shouldn't be tolerated in college ball.

BigHitComp04

Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
Morgantown, WV
I go to WVU and he's there pretty much every home game (at least the ones I've been to). Apparently he's one of the top baton twirlers in the nation I've heard. And you are far from the first person to question this...
I go to WVU as well, go to all the home games as well, apparently he is one of the top baton twirlers in the world, no joke.

r464

Turbo Monkey
Oct 17, 2006
Earth
My family has had season tickets to PSU games ever since I can remember. Probably 15-20 years ago they had a black guy as their top baton twirler and he looked bad a$$. He didn't look silly at all. He looked like he could have went out and played DB. I don't see anything wrong with it.
That guy went to my high school. He got a scholarship for it, too.