Quantcast

WWIII thread

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Kind of surprised we don't have them here, but with Walmart uniforms.
You know........I bet we do.

Somewhere.

Like pre mountainbiking era walton family bullshit

...somewhere in arkansas

edit: :rofl:

these days we just have these companies and their boards just funding the crazy people buying the signs

they don't have to be so direct

Last edited:

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
man, that's rich people via travel agent shit

I genuinely despise any remnant of colonialism and that's just a continuation
Yeah he seems like a dick, but the factoids are pretty useful. I quite like the look of Costa Rica personally…

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Yeah he seems like a dick, but the factoids are pretty useful. I quite like the look of Costa Rica personally…
when I was in college and selling gobs of weed to pay for it, DHL (yes that DHL) was an airline that flew out of miami to san jose CR for 180 bucks.

Much like here, I don't ever want to see what it's become since. I've looked at google earth of the places we used to sleep on the beach and surf and I already know it's done

I never planned on leaving here so never saved for it. Mobility is kind of above my paygrade at this point.

Last edited:

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Ok, so, you can still get a flight on Frontier, Denver-San Jóse, for $245. (Advertised).
(I am going there for a month to study Spanish, staying at my cousin‘s house in a not-very-friendly part of town).
I will be volunteering at a soup kitchen type place).
But I have no idea how a nonstop flight takes 15 hours, so that’s a little weird.
ACC3A581-A2AC-4358-8035-C27CE6D1E93F.png

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
But I have no idea how a nonstop flight takes 15 hours, so that’s a little weird.

Probably a "direct flight" that lands somewhere like a bus route. I don't think they have to make this obvious if it is a single flight number.

I used to have to fly to Messina NY for a work and the direct leg from Syracuse stopped 4 times on the way.

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
when I was in college and selling gobs of weed to pay for it, DHL (yes that DHL) was an airline that flew out of miami to san jose CR for 180 bucks.

Much like here, I don't ever want to see what it's become since. I've looked at google earth of the places we used to sleep on the beach and surf and I already know it's done

I never planned on leaving here so never saved for it. Mobility is kind of above my paygrade at this point.

Costa Rica prices went stupid over 20 years ago.
I remember walking through Playa del Coco and bumming out that the real estate agent was selling lots for 40K US more this year than the previous year. We talked about the possibility cause they were semi-affordable, but then the next year, ya that plan hit the bin.
Was back again this time last year, even the beach hawkers tourist tat prices were just nuts. We thought about white-water rafting into a lodge like we did many moons ago. Well now they be all upmarket hoity toity, with a fucking helipad and the prices to match. So much for the rustic place that if you can't handle the class 4-5 rapids on the way in then sorry...

/end entitled white person rant.

Last edited:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I remember walking through Playa del Coco and bumming out that the real estate agent was selling lots for 40K US more this year than the previous year. We talked about the possibility cause they were semi-affordable, but then the next year, ya that plan hit the bin.
Was back again this time last year, even the beach hawkers tourist tat prices were just nuts. We thought about white-water rafting into a lodge like we did many moons ago. Well now they be all upmarket hoity toity, with a fucking helipad and the prices to match So much for the rustic place that if you can't handle the class 4-5 rapids on the way in then sorry...
lots of canadians in Jaco in the 90s

checks out

I saw a mcdonalds between jaco and hermosa at some point and decided that was it. Probably 1996 or so.

Every fucking cabana on the beach was already run by some white dude from LA anyway

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
would be so cute if I actually lived the life you think I do or did

shall we talk about my property ownership in tahoe again?

Last time I hopped on a plane was 2015....for work

Probably 4 flights total since 2000, only one to see family for the holidays

Me traveling to costa rica in my 20s on a 400 dollar budget once a year is not the same as a 40 year old buying a second or third home there or including it in one of 9 annual trips. You know this.

Last edited:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Was back again this time last year, even the beach hawkers tourist tat prices were just nuts. We thought about white-water rafting into a lodge like we did many moons ago. Well now they be all upmarket hoity toity, with a fucking helipad and the prices to match. So much for the rustic place that if you can't handle the class 4-5 rapids on the way in then sorry...

Nicaragua, man... Nicaragua. :homer:

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke

IMG_7453.jpeg

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
south lake tahoe is just a suburb of sacramento. Ive been there once or twice

I had to look up alajuela

who the fuck wants to hire another gringo down there? I wouldnt respect anyone who did. Probably some prick from south lake tahoe running the joint anyway.

Btw if you ever catch me defending the cost of living here please let me know. Moving to north central costa rica will come with a comparable drop in income. Kind of a null set. You can eat things off trees at least.... Thats a bonus

Last edited:

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Me traveling to costa rica in my 20s on a 400 dollar budget once a year is not the same as a 40 year old buying a second or third home there or including it in one of 9 annual trips. You know this.
Stop picking on other users...cough...cough...Toshi... :D

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
I need health insurance if I expect to walk in my 50s

Invincible optimism goes a little differently outside the commonwealth. Although getting away from us healthcare would be a step up.... Could probably pay in banannas
Great that you have at least the freedom to watch youtube videos about the war in a place that is far away from you but your government still pours lots of money into.
Similarly to Changleen, I don't have the freedom to watch this video, but have universal health insurance. Fucking communist countries! ;)

Last edited:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Moving to north central costa rica will come with a comparable drop in income. Kind of a null set.
got to get that remote USD gig going. get all your equipment on remote-piloted sleds eh, and relax in the tropics

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Ok, so, you can still get a flight on Frontier, Denver-San Jóse, for $245. (Advertised).
(I am going there for a month to study Spanish, staying at my cousin‘s house in a not-very-friendly part of town).
I will be volunteering at a soup kitchen type place).
View attachment 204268
i eagerly await your passenger meltdown/fight video on youtube....