Quantcast

WWIII thread

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
Ya, direct warning to the Russian government followed up by the advisory. Apparently it was dismissed by Russia as a hoax for internal interference. Will be interesting to see what actually comes out.

There are channels through which intelligence is shared between countries - even those that are not allies - especially when it relates to possible attacks on civilians.

But the problem is that Moscow dismissed the warnings.

Three days before the attack, Russian President Vladimir Putin addressed the board of Russia's Federal Security Service (FSB), whose job is to defend the country. The top priority, he told the assembled leaders of the security service, was to support what he called the special military operation - the official phrase for the full-scale invasion of Ukraine.

He claimed that Ukraine had switched to what he called "terrorist tactics". He also spoke directly to what he said were "provocative statements" from the West about potential attacks within Russia. He said the warnings "resemble outright blackmail and the intention to intimidate and destabilise our society".

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
An Iranian embassy deleted in Syria and 7 aid workers blown up in Gaza. Oops

Not 7, but 196

UN Secretary-General Guterres says the Israeli attack that killed seven World Central Kitchen staff brings the number of aid workers killed in Gaza to 196 – including more than 175 members of UN staff.

And that is on top of about 375 ambulance personal and 120 destroyed ambulances. So far there is no accurate total of doctors, nurses, and medical technicians lost. Last I saw was over 650 and that was a while ago.

<edit>
Here is a link to a discussion in the off topic section of an Audio website I belong to; PinkFishMedia. This is a long one at over 400 pages but it is packed full of analysis, news reports and interviews that you will never see reported here. It is horrific but well worth working your way through.

Last edited:

gonefirefightin

free wieners
We're inching closer to terminators plot.

in a couple of subreddits and forums I belong to that are FPV drone based there are a couple of Ukrainians that are constantly developing and testing new FPV drones that can fly faster and be built cheaper and are creating 3D print build recipes for the general Ukrainian public to do their own builds and missions in their own neighborhoods and out of their homes.

On the same note, FPV supplies are going in and out of stock faster than you can blink because of the tech and so much demand.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
in a couple of subreddits and forums I belong to that are FPV drone based there are a couple of Ukrainians that are constantly developing and testing new FPV drones that can fly faster and be built cheaper and are creating 3D print build recipes for the general Ukrainian public to do their own builds and missions in their own neighborhoods and out of their homes.

On the same note, FPV supplies are going in and out of stock faster than you can blink because of the tech and so much demand.
And the rest of the worlds very very expensive military is unprepared for exploding toys.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
And the rest of the worlds very very expensive military is unprepared for exploding toys.
Ironically we developed the tech in the first couple years of iraq, there were several iterations of anti-IED jammers and broadcasters we were testing and trying, essentially the same tech just disrupting certain frequency bans. The very first device we had on the rigs was called ICE, it was the size of a microwave with an antenna that hot to the touch and disrupted our comms so bad we had to turn it off when on the radio, then there was Thor, a laser that took up the space of a whole seat in the truck to shoot laser beams at IED giving off frequencies, and after that the devices started being more reasonable to current day tech is a backpack that will scramble your brain before lunch but causes everything to detonate or fall out of the sky before you get into frag zones.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Ironically we developed the tech in the first couple years of iraq, there were several iterations of anti-IED jammers and broadcasters we were testing and trying, essentially the same tech just disrupting certain frequency bans. The very first device we had on the rigs was called ICE, it was the size of a microwave with an antenna that hot to the touch and disrupted our comms so bad we had to turn it off when on the radio, then there was Thor, a laser that took up the space of a whole seat in the truck to shoot laser beams at IED giving off frequencies, and after that the devices started being more reasonable to current day tech is a backpack that will scramble your brain before lunch but causes everything to detonate or fall out of the sky before you get into frag zones.

The implications of domestic terrorism are real and terrifying.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Not sure if he posted in the wrong forum or the wrong link. I am going with the later as I assume that subject matter is consistent with the type content he has open.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Not sure if he posted in the wrong forum or the wrong link. I am going with the later as I assume that subject matter is consistent with the type content he has open.
WWIII might be with aliens. Or eels.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Probably just Ukraine psy-ops, but there appears to be a Russian Revolution group in Kursk.

But I am sure not all Russians have bent the knee to Putin.

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada

As of yesterday over 28 towns and villages have been taken.
Loads of surrenders, nobody seems to want to die for Putin.
Himars attack decimated a convoy of reinforcements. Reports are ~ 1000 troops killed.
Moscow says 78 000 evacuated. Local governor says 185 000 need to be evacuated.
Russians are looting their neighbours that have left.

So, situation normal - total shit show.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
At what point do the other Russian border states start expanding into Russia? Seems like if these border states started grabbing land they would find little fight.