Quantcast

WWIII thread

gonefirefightin

free wieners
So now we have about 5 countries worth of 50k+ combined troops that all came with fighters, bombers, tracked rigs and air supprt and all are being nestled gently and patiently around russia and belarus.

Seems this is setting up to be a bi lateral mission, I can see a front line being set up in between ukraine and russia to secure around the border while forces push in and clean ukraine of any russians elements before moving on, From there it is anybodies guess as to what will happen. I believe the UN and EU seem to be dragging their feet with politics and councils in order to give more time to amass the international resources needed to successfully intervene. B-52, fighter jets and brigade combat teams have been flying into Europe in a constant flow over the last 5 days as seen on UK military and plane spotter channels. America alone now has at least 3 brigade combat teams in Europe ready to go. Aircraft and naval transponders and AIS have been turned off on nearly everything now, usually when that happens it means OPSEC is in force and final movements are being made and organized.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
Dang, I hope no one in Pu-tang's klan is reading this, you're giving up the whole game GFF!
I am sure they are very aware they are staring down the barrel of certain annihilation. The certain specific units, numbers and equipment being positioned by the US alone is the telling story of things to come.

Not a bet I want to take.
Nothing I can do, so I just may go perfect my ostrich imitation.
I agree, unfortunately with my background its like a train wreck for me, I cant look away. I find myself facepalming at videos and accounts of tactical bumbles and strategic mishaps. At this point I am very impressed with Ukraine and its ability to hang in there by a thread for the sake of EU and UN posterity and hope they cant get the breather and take a knee while the rest of the countries pitch in and truly make a difference because the fire power ratio and superiority of the current assets sitting at the sidelines are massive compared to likes of the current Russian elements involved.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
I'd prefer not to be mutually destroyed tbh.
I'm with @6thElement on this, given that I live in an area that's definitely in the top 3 Russia "To nuke" spots. If we could not preemptively nuke another country, again, that would be great. The fetishizing of this whole mess is more than a tad disturbing.
Was nice knowing you guys. If there is indeed a God, let me know so I can straighten out my attitude.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
The whole wasp's nest of F15s was in the air in Burlington this morning.
That would more than likely be the 158th fighter wing (which is national guard) probably dusting off gear and getting flight hours to prep for either deployment or atlantic patrol, those jets will typically stay stateside.

It's pretty quiet over at Peterson this morning, which is not comforting.
Peterson mostly hosts support, medical, airlift and spaceforce assets. If anything the C-17's, C-5's and KC-135 variants already left last week.

That would more than likely be the 158th fighter wing (which is national guard) probably dusting off gear and getting flight hours to prep for either deployment or atlantic patrol, those jets will typically stay stateside.

Peterson mostly hosts support, medical, airlift and spaceforce assets. If anything the C-17's, C-5's and KC-135 variants already left last week.
It is the 158th.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I am sure they are very aware they are staring down the barrel of certain annihilation. The certain specific units, numbers and equipment being positioned by the US alone is the telling story of things to come.

I agree, unfortunately with my background its like a train wreck for me, I cant look away. I find myself facepalming at videos and accounts of tactical bumbles and strategic mishaps. At this point I am very impressed with Ukraine and its ability to hang in there by a thread for the sake of EU and UN posterity and hope they cant get the breather and take a knee while the rest of the countries pitch in and truly make a difference because the fire power ratio and superiority of the current assets sitting at the sidelines are massive compared to likes of the current Russian elements involved.
i sure hope the oligarchs decide to handle this internally for everyone's sake.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
Silly question but I always wondered.
Is it the 158th, because there are at least 157 other fleets like that?
Or the number is just a number?
Divisions, brigades, squadrons and battalions are designated and numbered into capabilities under effective operational classifications, As those older classifications are absorbed, disbanded or reconfigured a new Name or number is appointed under the division, regiment or squadron with its name or number as the Capabilities of said element, Very rarely are names or numbers continued for historical value or tradition.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
the fucked up part of my brain has just informed me that a nuclear winter would probably do a decent job of warding off global warming, for better or worse (at least for those left)

gonefirefightin

free wieners
This will definitely change or speed things up, this event could possibly be used in citing article 5 but they still arent a part of NATO, russia is starting to get sloppy enough to get this ball rolling.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
This will definitely change or speed things up, this event could possibly be used in citing article 5 but they still arent a part of NATO, russia is starting to get sloppy enough to get this ball rolling.

screencap below for non fb users. and yes, very sloppy. seems almost deliberately sloppy.

1646245952855.png

1646245959863.png

1646245966467.png