Quantcast

WWIII thread

gonefirefightin

free wieners
If reporters would actually dig into the facts rather than just repost, lol

Its not stalled, over half of the vehicles ran out of fuel, broke down, tires failed and more than half of the russian forces abandoned the vehicles and surrendered to Ukrainian forces according to videos from reddit and torrents. The videos show hundreds of russian kids marching down the road with hands up. They say the old tires were shredded, ujoints broken, out of fuel or simply abandoned by russian kids knowing they are being duped. More importantly nearly all of that convoy was infantry or support vehicles, not much for tactical elements. The sub reddits to watch under #ukraine are #warcrimes #combatfootage. Those have been the real story for me.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
Updated sanctions to the best of my ability, either the perspective company is being sanction or is sanctioning, you get the drift

1. SWIFT move
  2. Nord Stream 2
  3. OFAC sanctions
  4. Russia’s tech supply stopped
  5. UK financial restrictions
  6. Airspace bans
  7. Russia’s Central Bank freeze
  8. EU sanctions and froze personal assets of Vladimir Putin, Sergei Lavrov
  9. Over 600 russians assets stopped
  10. Canadas sanctions
  11. UK sanctions
  12. Japans sanctions
  13. New Zealands sanctions
  14. Australia sanctions
  15. Taiwan sanctions
  16. Turkey sanctions
  17. Poland sanctions
  18. South Korea sanctions
  19. Czech sanctions
  20. Maritime sanctions
  21. International trade shipping commerce sanctions
  22. Russian banks cut off from US Dollar
  23. Champions League, Formula 1,Olympics, Rugby, skating, hockey
  24. Visa
  25. Mastercard
  26. Raiffeisen Bank
  27. Coca-cola
  28. Vodka import/exports
  29. Harley davidson
  30. Volvo
  31. Renault
  32. Boeing
  33. Airbus
  34. Shell
  35. BP
  36. Exxon
  37. Gazprom
  38. Equinor
  39. Orsted
  40. Siemens Energy
  41. Total energies
  42. KPMG LLP
  43. Carlsburg breweries
  44. Danone
  45. General motors
  46. Volkswagon
  47. Mercedes
  48. Daimler
  49. Ford
  50. Mazda
  51. Mitsubishi
  52. Jaguar
  53. Land rover
  54. Aston Martin
  55. Honda
  56. BMW
  57. Allen & Overy and Clifford Chance lawfirms
  58. Linklaters
  59. McKinsey & Co.’s global
  60. Baker McKenzie
  61. Aercap
  62. Lufthansa
  63. Norway’s sovereign wealth fund
  64. TotalEnergies SE
  65. Equinor ASA
  66. Google pay
  67. Apple pay
  68. Apple
  69. Dell
  70. Ericsson
  71. MSC
  72. Aimco
  73. Sony
  74. Disney
  75. Warner media
  76. Paramount
  77. Live nation
  78. Pixar
  79. Netflix
  80. Directv
  81. Roku
  82. Maersk
  83. MSC Mediterranean Shipping Company
  84. Sandvik
  85. Ocean network
  86. UPS
  87. Google
  88. Youtube
  89. Meta
  90. Twitter
  91. instagram
  92. Snapchat
  93. Tiktok
  94. Microsoft
  95. Nokia
  96. Vogue group Fashion
  97. addidas
  98. Nike
  99. Equinor
  100. Fontera
  101. Coinbase
  102. Binance
  103. MSN
  104. United airlines
  105. Sberbank
  106. Centrica
  107. JP morgan
  108. Now all sports
  109. Anonymous attacks

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

Its not stalled, over half of the vehicles ran out of fuel, broke down, tires failed and more than half of the russian forces abandoned the vehicles and surrendered to Ukrainian forces according to videos from reddit and torrents. The videos show hundreds of russian kids marching down the road with hands up. They say the old tires were shredded, ujoints broken, out of fuel or simply abandoned by russian kids knowing they are being duped. More importantly nearly all of that convoy was infantry or support vehicles, not much for tactical elements. The sub reddits to watch under #ukraine are #warcrimes #combatfootage. Those have been the real story for me.
i'd been following although clearly not as closely as you. i posted that to the effect that it *remains* stalled, and stalled in the loosest definition in that it is making no progress towards its intended goal.

i'm trying not to fall too far down the rabbit hole on this, so i appreciate your updates / corrections.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
Seems to be the overwhelming standard at this point, the ukraine is really doing a good job of getting this info out, its the media channels that arent sharing it. I feel for those kids, Combat is scary enough when you are trained, outfitted and supported well enough for a legitimate fight but these kids were simply fed to the fray.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado

I just don't get how this happens. The Russians have had YEARS to prepare for this conflict, and this is the best they can do? A bunch of broken down vehicles, lack of fuel, and "soldiers" surrendering en mass?

Not a good look for a country/army trying to flex their muscles and convince other countries to take refuge under their sphere of influence.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Seems to be the overwhelming standard at this point, the ukraine is really doing a good job of getting this info out, its the media channels that arent sharing it. I feel for those kids, Combat is scary enough when you are trained, outfitted and supported well enough for a legitimate fight but these kids were simply fed to the fray.

i'm sure they want to get back to the families after all this, but i'd imagine there'd be serious concerns for their safety in returning into russian borders.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
I just don't get how this happens. The Russians have had YEARS to prepare for this conflict, and this is the best they can do? A bunch of broken down vehicles, lack of fuel, and "soldiers" surrendering en mass?

Not a good look for a country/army trying to flex their muscles and convince other countries to take refuge under their sphere of influence.
Its honestly a real insight into the lack of military strength that russia has been boasting for the last 10 years or so. I think they may have had the clout 20 years ago but after seeing this unfold it is a clear indicator to intelligence assets and I am afraid they will strike while the iron is hot. Normally this kinda of posture is what you see after months or years of fighting.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
i'm sure they want to get back to the families after all this, but i'd imagine there'd be serious concerns for their safety in returning into russian borders.
I am sure they will stay right where they are at until their country is powerless, Economically it currently is, as most stocks have turned to penny stocks and food rationing has begun. Ultimately I dont think those kids will go home until there is occupation or disarmament.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Just because some wonky YouTube channel says so does not make it so. I thought you guys were immune to crackpots??

Read the analysis by Fiona Hill instead.
I'm not sure what you're talking about with YT and this Hill character - I was speaking generally about RU invading, whatever the pretext vs. the "real" reason.

But mostly to say FUCK Putin. :mad:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I am sure they will stay right where they are at until their country is powerless, Economically it currently is, as most stocks have turned to penny stocks and food rationing has begun. Ultimately I dont think those kids will go home until there is occupation or disarmament.
stocks can't be worthless if their market hasn't opened to crash ;)

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
I guess thats what corruption does.

I suspect on paper all those support vehicles have had a lot money thrown in maintenance and fuel, and were all reported as being 100% operational.
In reality, most of the money was stolen by generals/senior officers and the gasoline was sold for cash.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
just to play devil's advocate....

what if this bumbling, underprepared soldiers ruse, is a ruse? There might be some reason to lure Ukraine into a false sense of security, while biding time for ... something?

thoughts?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

what if this bumbling, underprepared soldiers ruse, is a ruse? There might be some reason to lure Ukraine into a false sense of security, while biding time for ... something?

thoughts?
i can't find it right now, but i read a piece that all of putin's military ops historically, were more "special ops" than full scale warfare, and that he would only engage when he knew it would be an easy victory. it basically speculated that he expected minimal resistance in UKR, and would just roll into the capital and take it.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
@gonefirefightin given the condition of the rest of the rus military, what's your take on the viability of their nuke stockpile?
Given the condition of their rolling stock I doubt they have the hypersonic capabilities, maybe one or two but all that does is narrow down the spread for our defenses, which brings me to hypothesize on current unkown tech in defenses of things usch as space force, lasers in orbit and X51 tech.

When it comes to payloads the only concern I would have is quantity.

The whole onzies twozies launches would be very easy but dozens may pose a problem but only those in the operation would know the defense assets and locations of such. I would imagine we have MLRS, Phalanx and ADA positioned all around russia at this point as well as an increasing number of early detection flights and fleets, I am will to bet our new shiny penny of F35 carrier groups is currently patiently waiting in international waters near or around the barents sea and our four B52's are probably loaded to the hilt with laser guided JDAMS and bunker busters ready to scramble at the slightest flinch, rest assured these assets are essentially defense and counter strike resources. Nothing yet has let me to believe there are sufficient offensive resources in play for something like an invasion or incursion, otherwise you would see a huge contingent of M1 abrahms, strykers and bradleys sitting on the sidelines and they just arent there yet.

I bet they have a ton of warheads yes, but the means to deploy them and capability of those means I think is their limiting factor.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Updated sanctions to the best of my ability, either the perspective company is being sanction or is sanctioning, you get the drift

1. SWIFT move
  2. Nord Stream 2
  3. OFAC sanctions
  4. Russia’s tech supply stopped
  5. UK financial restrictions
  6. Airspace bans
  7. Russia’s Central Bank freeze
  8. EU sanctions and froze personal assets of Vladimir Putin, Sergei Lavrov
  9. Over 600 russians assets stopped
  10. Canadas sanctions
  11. UK sanctions
  12. Japans sanctions
  13. New Zealands sanctions
  14. Australia sanctions
  15. Taiwan sanctions
  16. Turkey sanctions
  17. Poland sanctions
  18. South Korea sanctions
  19. Czech sanctions
  20. Maritime sanctions
  21. International trade shipping commerce sanctions
  22. Russian banks cut off from US Dollar
  23. Champions League, Formula 1,Olympics, Rugby, skating, hockey
  24. Visa
  25. Mastercard
  26. Raiffeisen Bank
  27. Coca-cola
  28. Vodka import/exports
  29. Harley davidson
  30. Volvo
  31. Renault
  32. Boeing
  33. Airbus
  34. Shell
  35. BP
  36. Exxon
  37. Gazprom
  38. Equinor
  39. Orsted
  40. Siemens Energy
  41. Total energies
  42. KPMG LLP
  43. Carlsburg breweries
  44. Danone
  45. General motors
  46. Volkswagon
  47. Mercedes
  48. Daimler
  49. Ford
  50. Mazda
  51. Mitsubishi
  52. Jaguar
  53. Land rover
  54. Aston Martin
  55. Honda
  56. BMW
  57. Allen & Overy and Clifford Chance lawfirms
  58. Linklaters
  59. McKinsey & Co.’s global
  60. Baker McKenzie
  61. Aercap
  62. Lufthansa
  63. Norway’s sovereign wealth fund
  64. TotalEnergies SE
  65. Equinor ASA
  66. Google pay
  67. Apple pay
  68. Apple
  69. Dell
  70. Ericsson
  71. MSC
  72. Aimco
  73. Sony
  74. Disney
  75. Warner media
  76. Paramount
  77. Live nation
  78. Pixar
  79. Netflix
  80. Directv
  81. Roku
  82. Maersk
  83. MSC Mediterranean Shipping Company
  84. Sandvik
  85. Ocean network
  86. UPS
  87. Google
  88. Youtube
  89. Meta
  90. Twitter
  91. instagram
  92. Snapchat
  93. Tiktok
  94. Microsoft
  95. Nokia
  96. Vogue group Fashion
  97. addidas
  98. Nike
  99. Equinor
  100. Fontera
  101. Coinbase
  102. Binance
  103. MSN
  104. United airlines
  105. Sberbank
  106. Centrica
  107. JP morgan
  108. Now all sports
  109. Anonymous attacks
“CHINA, DO YOU COPY?… OVER”

gonefirefightin

free wieners

thoughts?
Ukraine is outgunned, undermanned and severely caught off guard, There is no way they would have a reason to redirect or even change the narrative when they are simply handing weapons to elderly and women to defend key cities. I think they are overjoyed that the strength and resolve of Russias military was a rouse and they are providing the only content that is worthy and useful to them at hand. I dont see them as contorting the truth besides, the candid videos and phone uploads is enough to justify the reality, the webz are literally flooded with he same content.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
i can't find it right now, but i read a piece that all of putin's military ops historically, were more "special ops" than full scale warfare, and that he would only engage when he knew it would be an easy victory. it basically speculated that he expected minimal resistance in UKR, and would just roll into the capital and take it.
I seem to remember hearing an analysis like this...

But for FUCKS' sake... could Putin *really* have been this stupid? I mean... it's the fucking UKRANIANS, for the love of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. The Ukranians have always been kinda badass, from what I gather. For centuries...

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
Yes, but we can hope that the effects of this stunningly fast economic freeze now capable with technology might give them pause in regards to Taiwan (and Hong Kong). Obvious, I know.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
Yes, but we can hope that the effects of this stunningly fast economic freeze now capable with technology might give them pause in regards to Taiwan (and Hong Kong). Obvious, I know.
we can hope but it doesn't sound that way, apparently China is wanting to delay things for stupid reasons, lol

Not the rhetoric you would expect from sensible peeps

Last edited:

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!

I read an article, not sure if analysis by Hill or someone else, basically describing what was happening before and after Shoigu's appointment. He effectively let the cleptocrats get rich on poorly executed "modernisation" of the army, appeasing both the oligarchs and Putin's inner circle, and all of them painting rosy picture of the state of the army to Putin. Now the chickens came home to roost.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
we can hope but it doesn't sound that way, apparently China is wanting to delay things for stupid reasons, lol

Not the rhetoric you would expect from sensible peeps

However, that was before what we are seeing now In response. This galvanization has been absolutely insane.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I read an article, not sure if analysis by Hill or someone else, basically describing what was happening before and after Shoigu's appointment. He effectively let the cleptocrats get rich on poorly executed "modernisation" of the army, appeasing both the oligarchs and Putin's inner circle, and all of them painting rosy picture of the state of the army to Putin. Now the chickens came home to roost.
i think i saw the same article, can't find it

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado

thoughts?
Name another time in recent history where a military leader executed a particular strategy with the stated mission of saving troops lives and bringing a rapid victory.

Yea.

Looks like someone just earned himself a post modernizing a fleet of shovels, pickaxes and buckets.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
As will aggressive moves to stockpile un-touchable funds. Should slightly change some fiat market strategies, I would think.
Another reason why crypto is king and Ukraine is a perfect example of the principal. The instant exchange of over 30 million with a mobile device. As long as there is a data connection for the user to be had it cant be stopped.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Ah, so it's about Natural gas.. nothing to do with reuniting the Soviet Union(at least primarily), seems to make more sense now.
I think I've posted this before, probably in the Climate Change thread: https://www.nature.com/articles/s41560-021-00934-2.pdf

I think there is a growing scholarly consensus that climate policy has got Russia a little antsy. I think it's generally understood that oil and gas are Russia's biggest geo-political trump card. As Europe moves away from oil and gas as their primary energy source as they pursue net-zero, this will weaken Russia's geo-political importance.

That article explains that if prices come down (when lower demand meets constant production [i.e. supply]), countries whose production costs are high (e.g. Canada and Russia) will be priced out of producing oil. So by driving up scarcity, Russia is hanging on to their geo-political advantage a little longer. Diversifying it's markets, and maintaining access to other growth markets (Africa and India maybe?) is probably also a consideration.

my 2c anyways....

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
Another reason why crypto is king and Ukraine is a perfect example of the principal. The instant exchange of over 30 million with a mobile device. As long as there is a data connection for the user to be had it cant be stopped.
Until some crafty hackers are able to break the encryptions. It’s just like anything, a cat-and-mouse game.