Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
Fuckin' Wordle was a bitch yesterday. May have been tied up with that

I got it tho, just saying

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
This cannot be, in any way shape or form indicative of what the larger russian army is. I'd just warn against getting a false sense of security from this first line disaster. They did the same shit in Chechnya and what followed was not pretty.
I have read about their strategies in places like Syria where the first wave was really to just scare the civilians away from the cities so they could then lay waste to them without looking like war criminals. Whatever is happening it seems strange but one shouldn't measure immediate results from someone who excels at lot term strategies. That being said I think it is very clear that the resolve of the Ukrainians was vastly underestimated. Glad none of our leaders have ever done that.

1646282372828.png

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
The attrition war is coming. We need some good news soon, the sanctions are doing jack shit apart from fat headlines in Western media.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Yet we are still purchasing oil from Russia during this fucking nightmare. That needs to stop!
i saw a piece yesterday that there are reasons for that. the gist of it is that they supply such a large % of oil globally that not only would it send prices skyrocketing (hello $10+/gal gas) but for the nations that would still be buying from russia, the price increases would be substantial enough it wouldn't matter that they are selling less, and might actually help them.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
i saw a piece yesterday that there are reasons for that. the gist of it is that they supply such a large % of oil globally that not only would it send prices skyrocketing (hello $10+/gal gas) but for the nations that would still be buying from russia, the price increases would be substantial enough it wouldn't matter that they are selling less, and might actually help them.
Well Biden did cut off drilling on federal land when he first got into office. Maybe fire those pumps up to help offset the costs, sell our oil to other countries dependent on Russia's oil until this shitstorm is over then regroup.

StiHacka

Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
The sanctions are causing the russian public to panic and flee. I would say thats working.
Those are feel good anecdotes for the media, not a massive movement. Besides, as soon they enact martial law, any chances of public unrest are diminished by an order of magnitude.
Yet we are still purchasing oil from Russia during this fucking nightmare. That needs to stop!
The russian banks involved in oil and gas trade are excluded from the SWIFT ban. It's all a joke.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Well Biden did cut off drilling on federal land when he first got into office. Maybe fire those pumps up to help offset the costs, sell our oil to other countries dependent on Russia's oil until this shitstorm is over then regroup.
As he should have.
Want to solve the problem? transition to non fossil fuel energy as quickly as possible, and stop exporting US produced oil and gas out of the US. That would mean $$$ losses to oil/gas companies, but fuck them.

StiHacka

Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
As he should have.
Want to solve the problem? transition to non fossil fuel energy as quickly as possible, and stop exporting US produced oil and gas out of the US. That would mean $$$ losses to oil/gas companies, but fuck them.
That sounds like a sound strategy for the duration of this war. :rolleyes: Almost as good as the german brainless hasted transition to renewables that now make them 100% dependable on the russians.

Not sure if this was posted here already, kinda karmic outcome: How cheap Chinese tires might explain Russia's 'stalled' 40-mile-long military convoy in Ukraine (yahoo.com)

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
You guys have sources for the continuing oil sales and exclusion of oil related banks? Because that is major hypocritical lip service bullshit.

We let human beings in another country get murdered because we don't want to pay $10/gallon gas? If that is really what our western governments stand for, then after russia it's probably time to focus on some other plutocracies...

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Or, you know, maybe look to diversify and use other sources of energy? Why exchange one disaster for another one (or two)?!

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
That sounds like a sound strategy for the duration of this war. :rolleyes: Almost as good as the german brainless hasted transition to renewables that now make them 100% dependable on the russians.
I was speaking to the issue of fuel prices, not the war. I stand by my opinion, but wrong thread.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
You guys have sources for the continuing oil sales and exclusion of oil related banks? Because that is major hypocritical lip service bullshit.

We let human beings in another country get murdered because we don't want to pay $10/gallon gas? If that is really what our western governments stand for, then after russia it's probably time to focus on some other plutocracies...
This is of course, grossly simplified, but I learned a long time ago, that if you really want a strong America, want to support the troops, if you actually care about the direction of this country and all that other stuff the jingoistic cult of the GOP has co-opted, one of the best things you can do is "go green". Get this country off the oil tit, and you solve a lot of the foreign policy "issues" of my lifetime.

StiHacka

Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!

Also, look up some Eu politicians who are still lobbying for Putin on behalf of the inflow of petrorubles to their pockets. Some were mentioned in this thread already.

Last edited:

Colonel Angus

Monkey
Feb 15, 2005
land of the green chiles
I thought about that, What if......

Putin sends in shitboxes with untrained kids at the helm to create havoc, fear and uncertainty until the allies enter the battlefield chat then rolls in with the big guns and final bosses. I am sure intellegence would be able to see something like that coming though. who knows, I am just a spectator like you but hopeful he is just a lunatic with crap for resources.
It seems that his ground strike at specific targets is failing, so he has shifted to air strikes at communications and civilian targets.