Quantcast

WWIII thread

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
:disgust1:

The longer this is dragging on, the lesser I see a chance of a good end. Just like Garry: https://twitter.com/Kasparov63/status/1499439820363468802

And yes, I believe he is not going to stop until nukes fly.
Dayum. Kasparov makes some very compelling arguments there.

Am also of the "low risk today for higher risk tomorrow" school... but this is 100% my experience in life as well.

As I said in 2014 and a fateful week ago, the price of stopping a dictator always goes up. What would have been enough to stop Putin 8 years or 6 months or 2 weeks ago is not enough today, and the price will rise again tomorrow.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
I don’t think it’s a question of if Putin will use nukes, it’s when. I am not for another war, but standing down while genocide plays out in Eastern Europe and allowing the atrocities of history to be repeated is unquestionably not acceptable.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Or, maybe another way of putting it; stop being limited by the threat of nuclear weapons, accept it as a reality and respond accordingly.
Pandora's box has been opened and has been for decades. That it hasn't been unleashed yet doesn't mean it's not open. The only thing stopping someone like Putin from trying to overrun the world is fear of them unleashing what's in the box. But the box is open.

The real test now is what is the ability for the box the be shut? Highly effective anti-icbm weapons are the best chance anyone has. And even then? Nothing is perfect. I want nothing to do with this war, but if there is a time to test the man crazy enough to fire the rockets, would it not be while all of NATO is airborne on the border?

And I say this as someone living within 50miles of Cheyenne Mountain.

Last edited:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I'd kinda figured that humanity was too stupid to survive much longer.

I did not have the cause of my demise being neo-nazi jews in ukraine needing help being saved from genocide as the kick off point though.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I wonder if anyone here has a bicycle

ain't no fuckin walkmonkey bullshit!
[Looks around garage] ok... So Haley gets her bike. Hannah goes into the pack. And Wifey goes into the tag-along. Really wish I hadn't given away the Burley.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Welcome to 2022. It's been nice knowing you.

You know.......I keep looking at likely ICBM targets and every single one of them has san francisco on them.

The more I think about it the more I realize we really do need to stand up to putin. I mean, now's the time!

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Shit. Presuming there even is some kind of warning. Imma walk out side and welcome the sweet release that instant incineration will bring.
Nah

I'm looking forward to a least a year of blistered skin groaning and chasing off 'investors' from the new opportunity my neighborhood just became.

I might even eat a few brains if I have an audience, just for effect.