WWIII thread

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Look at this absolute bullshit:

4502F48A-A75F-438D-8D5B-C2F6C7920981.jpeg

“…since 2014, when the Russian…”

Luckily for you, only your enemies use their national press for propaganda and this definitely isn’t a ridiculous lie in exactly the same mould that the US media frequently uses to support Israel and drum up support for illegal invasions. Nope, that could never happen in the NYT!

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Time to invest in Boeing, Raytheon, General Dynamics, Textron, etc...

gonefirefightin

free wieners

Sandro

Terrified of Cucumbers
Nov 12, 2006
The old world
My jewish friends in Kiev are sure excited about getting denazified. I'm going to lose it if I read one more take by the likes of Glenn Greenwald and Jacobinmag making excuses for this.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
Last week I followed about 24 accounts on tiktok that were regular posters living in the ukraine, It was a pretty good window into the current events as they were simply just locals driving around and posting vids of the current situations.

All but two of those accounts are deleted, and others are saying most of any accounts, videos or content with keywords "ukraine" "україни" or related hashtags are getting deleted.

Seems the info war is in full force today.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Last week I followed about 24 accounts on tiktok that were regular posters living in the ukraine, It was a pretty good window into the current events as they were simply just locals driving around and posting vids of the current situations.

All but two of those accounts are deleted, and others are saying most of any accounts, videos or content with keywords "ukraine" "україни" or related hashtags are getting deleted.

Seems the info war is in full force today.
the cyber war started last week i believe.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Its hard to take in some of the information being flung around on all the different platforms. Whats real, whats not etc etc? I saw some posts by people, saying this and that happened - only it was proven that it was just footage from an airshow a few years ago.

But yeah all of this as a whole is disheartening. I try and stay away from politics and this type of stuff for the most part, heck I think I've posted in this forum less than 5 times. But its getting harder to do so.

Situations like this makes me really appreciate that the majority of us on teh monkey don't have to live with neighbors or even in the proximity of situations like this. I love looking at maps and geography and all that jazz; whenever I look at Europe it always baffles my mind how close all those regions and countries are. Like they're all within an arms reach of each other and neighbors.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
Its hard to take in some of the information being flung around on all the different platforms. Whats real, whats not etc etc? I saw some posts by people, saying this and that happened - only it was proven that it was just footage from an airshow a few years ago.

But yeah all of this as a whole is disheartening. I try and stay away from politics and this type of stuff for the most part, heck I think I've posted in this forum less than 5 times. But its getting harder to do so.

Situations like this makes me really appreciate that the majority of us on teh monkey don't have to live with neighbors or even in the proximity of situations like this. I love looking at maps and geography and all that jazz; whenever I look at Europe it always baffles my mind how close all those regions and countries are. Like they're all within an arms reach of each other and neighbors.
Skirmishes, isolated incidents, separatist attacks and the such of current events/politics fly right under my radar and I dont even blink or bat an eye to look into it. But this is something of a different caliber for me personally not just since I am a market watcher but more due to my military background and I find it interesting that so many of the real stories are being censored and the propaganda machines are in full effect. I was going to post an article here that had stated 89 or so independant media outlets in russia had signed a public backed petition of the invasion and were completely against the invasions and the loose cannon effect of the kremlin and Putin but now it is nowhere to be found.

The geography of this invasion is also interesting like you said. So many people and countries involved wether they like it or not.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
the cyber war started last week i believe.
prob did, but when I started scrolling to see whats actually going down it was all overnight on tiktok at least.

Sandro

Terrified of Cucumbers
Nov 12, 2006
The old world
I've heard good arguments for and against cutting Russia off from Swift completely, these two here calmed my anger a little:

https://twitter.com/jfriedlanderdc/status/1497067296837226525

I can even understand not cutting off gas supply completely, even if being a little cold is a small price to pay to fight fascism in the countries where your grandparents killed millions. What's inexcusable and shameful is vetoing Ukraine's Nato membership, building unnecessary, additional pipelines circumventing Ukraine despite their repeated pleas not to, not chaning course after the annexation of Crimea, not having a functioning military, not supplying Ukraine with any arms after being explicitly asked for it, having the dumbest energy policy of any developed country...

I could go on. In short, fuck Germany and its evasion of responsibility hiding behind a naive pacifism and our oh so special history.

Last edited: