Quantcast

WWIII thread

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Shit. Presuming there even is some kind of warning. Imma walk out side and welcome the sweet release that instant incineration will bring.
unless it melts your skin off like it did to the residents of Hiroshima. Didn't sound very instant. but it did sound painful.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
If its any consolation for you freaking out about nukes, We current have 3 carrier groups around the hotspot, each group has destroyers, subs, etc, one group is nothing but F35's, we also have First strike defense units in poland and Europe as well as X51 assets on ground in Europe as well. If he was to launch first it would be from the Barents sea with a sub, that would be intercepted within 15 min and detonated or dismembered over the water. If he was to launch ICBM from land it wouldn't make it past 30k feet before being intercepted by at least 3 measures.

The issue is, he has the ability to battlefield deploy stuff under the 10kiloton payload on the battlefield. That is what europe/ukraine is afraid of but our ADA defenses can hit those in flight as well but there would be some aerial fallout if detonated in air.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
If its any consolation for you freaking out about nukes, We current have 3 carrier groups around the hotspot, each group has destroyers, subs, etc, one group is nothing but F35's, we also have First strike defense units in poland and Europe as well as X51 assets on ground in Europe as well. If he was to launch first it would be from the Barents sea with a sub, that would be intercepted within 15 min and detonated or dismembered over the water. If he was to launch ICBM from land it wouldn't make it past 30k feet before being intercepted by at least 3 measures.

The issue is, he has the ability to battlefield deploy stuff under the 10kiloton payload on the battlefield. That is what europe/ukraine is afraid of but our ADA defenses can hit those in flight as well but there would be some aerial fallout if detonated in air.
"everything in war always goes exactly as planned"

Look man......let me have san francisco. It's not a big ask. They've taken so much from me already, it's only fair.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
used it this morning. works like a charm.
the point was never that block heaters are not a thing, that one could use, to make starting cars easier

.....it was that you were using it as an option on your expensive new car to justify 'not warming up a car' on cold days for everyone else, who did not own, nor could afford a new highly optioned vehicle. As if warming up a car was not a thing that people have done for over 100 years.

anyway, I'm glad the canadian nazis patriots™ are finally the fuck out of your hood. But luxuries just might be put into perspective here pretty soon.

....and that pic I made, made me giggle. Okay mostly that.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
the point was never that block heaters are not a thing, that one could use, to make starting cars easier

.....it was that you were using it as an option on your expensive new car to justify 'not warming up a car' on cold days for everyone else, who did not own, nor could afford a new highly optioned vehicle. As if warming up a car was not a thing that people have done for over 100 years.

anyway, I'm glad the canadian patriots are finally the fuck out of your hood. But luxuries just might be put into perspective here pretty soon.
expensive new car? I drive a nine year old family brick that's rusting out (and I would hardly call a bare-bones CX-5 a luxury vehicle) luxuries? like sleds and motos and bikes and trucks and a house in a recreation paradise?! yeah, I ain't got none of that (well, I do have bikes). Luxuries may very well be more expensive soon, but I don't really have any of them, so yeah, not crying about it.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
expensive new car? I drive a nine year old family brick that's rusting out (and I would hardly call a bare-bones CX-5 a luxury vehicle) luxuries? like sleds and motos and bikes and trucks and a house in a recreation paradise?! yeah, I ain't got none of that (well, I do have bikes). Luxuries may very well be more expensive soon, but I don't really have any of them, so yeah, not crying about it.
I don't. It's been below -10°F for the better part of a week here, and my block heater has helped get the car running and rolling very nicely. And yes, I had to spec the block heater at the dealership when I bought it. They tried to tell me it was a waste of money; I told them to just install the thing.

"dealership" :rofl:

You might legitimately have suits more expensive than my dirtbike just fyi. Them bitches cheap here.

Relax man, it was a joke.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
What you fail to understand is that Kidwoo is a man of the people. With no kids and an array of recreational vehicles to tow around he cannot afford the hundreds of dollars for a block heater while people like you drive around in your Armani suits in luxury cars to your second homes turning your nose at the poors like him.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
I know of 2 caves less than 30 minutes from the garage. So, let's say I get the warning on the news, I casually finish my coffee, grab my bug out bag, jump in the car and take a leisurely drive, then be eradicated by a scorching white wave of hot death radiating from @Pesqueeb 's hood just before I get to my safe spot.

This plan needs some work.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I know of 2 caves less than 30 minutes from the garage. So, let's say I get the warning on the news, I casually finish my coffee, grab my bug out bag, jump in the car and take a leisurely drive, then be eradicated by a scorching white wave of hot death radiating from @Pesqueeb 's hood just before I get to my safe spot.

a block heater might speed things up a bit

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado

The sewers, @Nick, it's the sewers. That's where the new world order will begin. I suggest you start exploring now, learn the system, establish yourself. Emerge from the darkness after the blast, don skin that's sloughed off your foes, take a 3-titted bride as your brood stock and let the nuclear glow illuminate the forthcoming apocalypse.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
The sewers, @Nick, it's the sewers. That's where the new world order will begin. I suggest you start exploring now, learn the system, establish yourself. Emerge from the darkness after the blast, don skin that's sloughed off your foes, take a 3-titted bride as your brood stock and let the nuclear glow illuminate the forthcoming apocalypse.
:think: