Quantcast

WWIII thread

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
It was the aircraft they wanted to really clean out, and they did just that, 7 MLRS launchers all fired at once on separate targets along with stingers and RPG's all at the same time
would there be any value to try and capture the aircraft instead of destroying it? although probably no benefit if they don't know how to fly those choppers

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
well, then they should keep up the good work. when the run out of aircraft to go after are they gonna try and hit the warships?
@gonefirefightin correct me if I'm wrong here. Those are limited to a physical location. There are strong supply lines from the West into Ukraine. And Ukraine doesn't really have the right kind of assets to necessarily take out a ship. Their better focus would be ground based once air power is achieved.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
@gonefirefightin correct me if I'm wrong here. Those are limited to a physical location. There are strong supply lines from the West into Ukraine. And Ukraine doesn't really have the right kind of assets to necessarily take out a ship. Their better focus would be ground based once air power is achieved.
They have been trying to just take back strategic locations and push back with the recipe that is working thus far. They are actually code named "oprah" elements 1 through 4 as in "you get a missle. and you get a missle", lol

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
There also seems to be quite a bit of chatter about possible Putin health concerns. Terminal bowel cancer is what has been bandied about. His puffy appearance may be attributed to steroid or other immunosuppressant treatment. Then there is his unwillingness to be anywhere close to anybody; even his own advisors are a cab ride away. Covid is still running hard in Russia. Is he just plain terrified of catching something? And what about his expression - If things were going as well as he says in the media, he would be smiling a bit more. Now he just looks pissed, or could it be he is also in quite a lot of pain?

Just some thought while staring at the freezing rain.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
There also seems to be quite a bit of chatter about possible Putin health concerns. Terminal bowel cancer is what has been bandied about. His puffy appearance may be attributed to steroid or other immunosuppressant treatment. Then there is his unwillingness to be anywhere close to anybody; even his own advisors are a cab ride away. Covid is still running hard in Russia. Is he just plain terrified of catching something? And what about his expression - If things were going as well as he says in the media, he would be smiling a bit more. Now he just looks pissed, or could it be he is also in quite a lot of pain?

Just some thought while staring at the freezing rain.
My money is on the chinese playing him like a violin.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
If the west keeps to its sanctions he has no choice but to dance to Poohs tune. China will set the rules and he will loose a little bit on each barrel / bushel. It will be slow, but it will still be being bled
well yea i mean if he survives that long. i was more wondering why STI thought that was already happening

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
well yea i mean if he survives that long. i was more wondering why STI thought that was already happening
Rumour is that Pooh asked him to postpone the invasion until after the olympics.
If true, he is already Pooh's bitch and also for somebody who reports to study history, he sure ignored the history of his own backyard. Spring offensive in Ukraine? WTF?!?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
looks like primarily military bases too

Is japan still under the whole 'may not maintain a standing army' thing instituted after WW2?
They have an Army but under the constitution is only to be used for self defense. I know that in recent years they have leaned towards to a more aggressive standpoint and considered removing that clause. Either way I am guessing if they claim this as territory it could be a loophole, and they have been claiming this for a long time.

It could also be a strategic move to force Russia to move resources to that area instead of Ukraine. But this is the perfect time for anyone with a territorial dispute with Russia to spice things up.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Good ole "cui bono". It just feels like a brilliant strategy on the side of China to make their "friends" even more indispensable, get access to natural resources without pesky competition, and test if the West is capable of anything beyond a pesky lip service when pushed hard.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
They have an Army but under the constitution is only to be used for self defense. I know that in recent years they have leaned towards to a more aggressive standpoint and considered removing that clause. Either way I am guessing if they claim this as territory it could be a loophole, and they have been claiming this for a long time.

It could also be a strategic move to force Russia to move resources to that area instead of Ukraine. But this is the perfect time for anyone with a territorial dispute with Russia to spice things up.
Arguably, they are still at war with Russia. They never "officially" ended hostilities after WW2