Quantcast

WWIII thread

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
TL;DR: "... would mean war with russia and russia is a nuclear power ..."

I have not heard that one before. :rolleyes:

Jesus that guy was long winded for what could have been a 8 point bulleted list. I may have missed it but to create a no-fly zone the West would also have to engage Russian air defenses which would mean destroying Russian assets on Russian land which is not only a direct act of war but one of the advantages Ukraine has right now is a lack of drive from Russian soldiers and support from a lot of the Russian people. Once we start killing Russians on Russian soil that would undoubtedly galvanize the country around this war.

Fool

The Thing cannot be described
Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
Anyone who goes over there not thinking they can be killed is a moron.

The dead no longer have use for their bodies, that is only a concern for those still around.
You say a concern, I say soap ingredients

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Anyone who goes over there not thinking they can be killed is a moron.

The dead no longer have use for their bodies, that is only a concern for those still around.
I’m not worried about their bodies, I’m worried that uncle vlad uses them as a prop to further ww3

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I’m not worried about their bodies, I’m worried that uncle vlad uses them as a prop to further ww3
Which was the point of the question for sure.

IE: now we got pootin' holding up murkinz using them as proof of western aggression, AND a source of propaganda here saying 'they killinz our freedumz!' to justify full blown war with a nuclear power.

It's a complete clusterfuck that everyone has seen coming for decades. Well, everyone not named bush.
It's a lesson as old as humanity itself: do not ever, ever let one single person accumulate this much power. Because it will always be abused and lead to bad times. Now a good portion of the planet is backed into a corner because we didn't say no thank you when the douchebag first knocked on the door.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Which was the point of the question for sure.

IE: now we got pootin' holding up murkinz using them as proof of western aggression, AND a source of propaganda here saying 'they killinz our freedumz!' to justify full blown war with a nuclear power.

It's a complete clusterfuck that everyone has seen coming for decades. Well, everyone not named bush.
It's a lesson as old as humanity itself: do not ever, ever let one single person accumulate this much power. Because it will always be abused and lead to bad times. Now a good portion of the planet is backed into a corner because we didn't say no thank you when the douchebag first knocked on the door.
Lets not forget doing his actual bidding from 2017-2021

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Well this is bullshit
Probably not, I read multiple articles and it appears the logistics of this just make no sense. You can't just "give" jets, they have dedicated support systems, training, missile systems (the ones actually designed for it), engines, etc. This takes a huge amount of infrastructure and logistics to do anything with. These are also not necessarily the same generation and equipment that Ukraine operates. These things have gone though many generations.

Far better to supply them with MANPADs and SAMS to knock out any targets that come into the country IMO.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Probably not, I read multiple articles and it appears the logistics of this just make no sense. You can't just "give" jets, they have dedicated support systems, training, missile systems (the ones actually designed for it), engines, etc. This takes a huge amount of infrastructure and logistics to do anything with. These are also not necessarily the same generation and equipment that Ukraine operates. These things have gone though many generations.

Far better to supply them with MANPADs and SAMS to knock out any targets that come into the country IMO.
Good point. However the US statements made it sound like more of a political problem than a technical one.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
I know it's in Polish (Use google translate) but if you want to know a bit more about false narratives created before the war there is a great interview with an Ukrainian Author and Political Advocate. She really lays it down how people in Western Countries believed Russian BS and even some of the things I believed stupidly. This also kinda explains the moronic reactions by some western Intelectuals going "it's all because Nato was aggressive by letting countries who wanted to join, join"

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
ffs. Odessa had an amazing extreme sports event I always wanted to visit. Watersports + Slopestyle + Skating. Apparently not going to happen anytime soon. Hell wanted to visit Ukraine in general. What people don't realise is how culture rich the country is. When I talk to many people they think it's a random boring place in Eastern Europe with poverty and plains but Lviv is essentially a city of many cultures, It was polish it was ukrainian, 850 year old City that gave us the guy who invented masochism (also known as pedaling uphill) and many other more serious intelectuals (Sanislaw Lem if you are into sci-fi). Kyiv on the other hand is probably one of the oldest cities in Europe spaning 1600 years. It's one of the most important cities in Europe for Fashion and it supposedly is a center for a lot of great music too (though recently it's a lot of Rave). It's also bigger than Chicago (though without the suburbs).

For many people it feels like it's some poorer country getting invaded so it's easier to dismiss but to me it feels like for Americans would it feel Canada was invaded. (well if Canada had roughly the same population as the US)

Last edited:

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
For many people it feels like it's some poorer country getting invaded so it's easier to dismiss but to me it feels like for Americans would it feel Canada was invaded. (well if Canada had roughly the same population as the US)
I volunteer to invade Canada, if they will capture me as soon as I cross the border and promise to never return me to the US.

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
I volunteer to invade Canada, if they will capture me as soon as I cross the border and promise to never return me to the US.
Yeah I'd gladly be invaded by Finland with their superior school system and information savy society that is good at noticing what is fake news and what is not

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
But WW3!!!!!!11!!!1!!!11!!!
Yeah. this cuts too close. It' way worse than your analogy - russians have a long history of imperial adventurism, and nations like the Poles, Czechs, Slovaks, Hungarians & others have person experience with the tragedies that follow the russian dirty feet. IMO the Americans will never understand such an existential threat, having never been assaulted on their land. It is easy to make deals with the devil when you feed everyone else to him, first.

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
But WW3!!!!!!11!!!1!!!11!!!
Yeah. this cuts too close. It' way worse than your analogy - russians have a long history of imperial adventurism, and nations like the Poles, Czechs, Slovaks, Hungarians & others have person experience with the tragedies that follow the russian dirty feet. IMO the Americans will never understand such an existential threat, having never been assaulted on their land. It is easy to make deals with the devil when you feed everyone else to him, first.
The americans are one thing but Germany got hijacked by the idiotic green party that claims to be ecological but in reality they shut down nuclear power plants which resulted in more coal and gas powered electricity (good job). They are also anti bike trails in forrests (but pro hiking trails). I'm a leftie but the Greens are basically a bad stereotype of left wing politics. Going for what feels right not what is.

Angered by Varufakis too. He is a good critic of the EU but his nato hate (he wants nato bases out of Greece since Greeces biggest military Enemy is Turkey so while formidable it's not as big of an issue). There is a good article here https://freedomnews.org.uk/2022/03/04/fuck-leftist-westplaining/?fbclid=IwAR3YctCNdmlB4rWw8t7NuHNdyXqEHfMNBvIW4oyrUY6n3eTonE2cuvzG5SM

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
The americans are one thing but Germany got hijacked by the idiotic green party that claims to be ecological but in reality they shut down nuclear power plants which resulted in more coal and gas powered electricity (good job). They are also anti bike trails in forrests (but pro hiking trails). I'm a leftie but the Greens are basically a bad stereotype of left wing politics. Going for what feels right not what is.

Angered by Varufakis too. He is a good critic of the EU but his nato hate (he wants nato bases out of Greece since Greeces biggest military Enemy is Turkey so while formidable it's not as big of an issue). There is a good article here https://freedomnews.org.uk/2022/03/04/fuck-leftist-westplaining/?fbclid=IwAR3YctCNdmlB4rWw8t7NuHNdyXqEHfMNBvIW4oyrUY6n3eTonE2cuvzG5SM
I agree 100% with you. German + French + US policies enabled russia to become the bully they are today.

And btw India and their irrational hatred for Pakistan got themselves in an interesting corner ... sword, meet chest.

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
I agree 100% with you. German + French + US policies enabled russia to become the bully they are today.

And btw India and their irrational hatred for Pakistan got themselves in an interesting corner ... sword, meet chest.
The India Pakistan thing is just 2 sides being really dumb. Sectarian violence + a dispute over Kashmir makes it really hard for them to behave reasonably but at least India doesn't pretend to be the moral voice of the world like France (Macron pretending to be Putins friend ffs), Germany and US.

Also lets not forget UK which bases a huge % of its economy on money loundering for rich assholes, often from Russia.You can even get on a Kleptocracy tour in London to see the buildings connected with helping people getting money out of Russia and it's not even people who actually run companies. Ex. St.Petersburg Mayor is just someone who helped Putin get to power.

btw. There is a great BBC/CH4 Documentary about Putin that really demistifies him. He is not the great KGB agent, smarty pants guy. He was a pencil pusher sent to an unimportant KGB office during the last days of the soviet union. He got lucky get got into power. He was just following the people in power in a very weak 90s Russia.

BBC Select on Amazon or Apple TV (not sure where it is in the states) should have it.