Quantcast

WWIII thread

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Ok, in this Information Age, someone, somewhere, would have squawked about it. Or calls would have gone out for IT to tighten up security, etc. If shit had gone down globally, many, many people would have been affected in some way or another. (Power grids, dns attacks, massive password breaches, financial system glitches, etc).
We haven’t seen it.

YET

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Ok, in this Information Age, someone, somewhere, would have squawked about it. Or calls would have gone out for IT to tighten up security, etc. If shit had gone down globally, many, many people would have been affected in some way or another. (Power grids, dns attacks, massive password breaches, financial system glitches, etc).
We haven’t seen it.

YET
There was a pretty widespread DDOS that happened about a week ago...

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
"I want to thank the Russian Academy for this Lifetime Achievement Award. " :rofl:

One of the comments

Anyone else find it "really weird" that Putin imposed sanctions against the United States and NOT A SINGLE Republican is subject to sanctions? Democrats and non-partisan military members, but not a single member of the GOP is subject to Russian sanctions. #GOPtheRussianParty.

I for one do not, nope, not at all.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Does anyone else find it curious that significant cyber-warfare has not happened yet, from either the US or NATO countries, or from Russia in return?
Would that amplify things to direct confrontation?
I know Anonymous is trying some things, but I find it odd that ‘black hats’ in Russia haven’t attempted to retaliate in kind. Or, for that matter, any dissidents in Russia operating against Russian interests.
You have to assume that it is going on now, on both sides, as that stuff has been going on even before this disaster started.

For years its been preached that information security is a serious topic, but its sad that people usually only start listening when something security related affects them directly.

The company I work for, which is is spread around the world, is having to take some serious measures to stop the potential of anything happening. And we're not even a bank or anything.

We have to start thinking beyond the obvious and are even protecting ourselves and assets from internal sources - like what happens if one of the manufacturing lines is 'hacked' or something? Not only could it damage our reputation, hit financially, but there are significant safety considerations.

And from what I see, no matter how much we lock down, protect and educate, there is always going to be that vulnerability that someone will try to poke with a hot stick. :(

This type of thing is only going to get worse, thanks to the internet and industry of things.

Sandro

Terrified of Cucumbers
Nov 12, 2006
The old world

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
Russian tank getting blowd up with some death.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Russian tank getting blowd up with some death.
Looks like they disabled the turret, then blew off a track, then there was no escape.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
Sounds like China’s ‘neutral’ stance is cracking. More details to come.

However, I don’t think any Chinese diplomat would have the Cajones to state what the Ukrainian one did without absolute approval of the statement from higher ups. It does appear the ‘official line’ is going to be to play both sides for now.

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Looks like they disabled the turret, then blew off a track, then there was no escape.

You may or may not want to notice bits of the commander or gunner flying through the air on that last hit and half a Russian soldier flying through the air from another tank that got hit nearby. Rather sickening. Part of me wants to feel bad for the Russian soldiers but at least that was combatant vs combatant. There are so many reports/pictures/videos of Russian soldiers on the ground just murdering civilians on top of the bombings of civilian centers and "humanitarian corridors"

What is even more sickening is that I am just finding out that this is standard operating procedure for Russia in all of their past conflicts and only now is the West crying "war crimes"

Fuck Putin and all those that enabled him for the sake of profit and that is a very long list of people/companies/countries.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
I pretty much assume some Ukrainians went and pissed on that dude crawling away, while muttering “is it raining, baby killer?”

But yeah, I don’t condone war crimes, but I would understand.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
The power of the media.
Not unlike the US support for the Iraq war the first 2 weeks, or Trump coming to power
Yep. I’ve been thinking about how many civilians and war crimes did the US kill/commit and is it all really different?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Those Switchblade drones we are sending to Ukraine are neat and also terrifying.

Part of the terrifying part is I am pretty sure it wouldn't be too difficult for someone to make a lower tech version of one in their basement.