Quantcast

WWIII thread

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
With current assets on hand the US defenses alone can handle twice that of Russias arsenal even if all fired at once. Dont get caught up in all the Hyperbole
This is really nice to ‘know’, but it has, obviously and thankfully, never been tested against the real targets.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
With current assets on hand the US defenses alone can handle twice that of Russias arsenal even if all fired at once. Dont get caught up in all the Hyperbole
Pretty sure it would only matter for maybe the first hour, then basically everything would be fucked forever. Some places would live a bit longer, some less, on a dying planet, in terms of mammals.

Last edited:

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
nice to know it's the sanctions and not the mass murder of innocent civilians he finds the most distasteful
He’s clear eyed about both side’s histories. From that POV you can see why he doesn’t even bother. Also he is treating you like he (China) would like to be treated themselves.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
did you just both sides a murderous military takeover of a sovereign nation? If thats your standard none of europe should be allowed to participate in anything.

and who the fuck is 'you?' Like most so called world powers we dont exactly have a whole lot of say in what our government does.

Fuck russia. Its not that hard to understand. And fuck china for their primary concern in all this being the business implications. Dont give me some bullshit about china being magically concerned with human rights as of 2 seconds ago.

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
did you just both sides a murderous military takeover of a sovereign nation? If thats your standard none if europe should be allowed to participate in anything.

and who the fuck is 'you?' Like most so called world powers we dont exactly have a whole lot of say in what our government does.

Fuck russia. Its not that hard to understand. And fuck china for their primary concern in all this being the business implications. Dont give me some bullshit about china being magically concerned with human rights as of 2 seconds ago.
"Both Sides"

Unconfirmed but based on what has been confirmed this is 100% on brand. Have to scroll down a bit from the main paragraph.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
They bombed an art school that was sheltering 400 civilians today.

Russia's strategy is to literally use civilian deaths as a bargaining chip. They gave also been moving civilians into Russia assuredly to be used as hostages. Good thing we aren't provocing them to escalate.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
"Both Sides"

Unconfirmed but based on what has been confirmed this is 100% on brand. Have to scroll down a bit from the main paragraph.
I can't imagine what you have to be told and believe as a russian soldier to be doing this shit. Have any soldiers anywhere ever been told the truth?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I can't imagine what you have to be told and believe as a russian soldier to be doing this shit. Have any soldiers anywhere ever been told the truth?

It has been a very long time since I have read it but check out "The Drowned And The Saved" by Primo Levi. He touches on this subject. It was required reading via my LiBuRulL EdUkAsHuN. Something everyone should read and probably time for me to revisit.

What is really amazing in this case is that a lot of the "traditional" methods such as dehumanizing people because they are of a different race/religion doesn't really work here.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Am starting to believe the military capabilities of Russia have been grossly overstated over the years in the interest of keeping the US military budget at 12fold levels so long.
So ... russia invested billions in their new Wunderwaffe projects with the goal of ... ensuring that the US military budget stays yuge?

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
So ... russia invested billions in their new Wunderwaffe projects with the goal of ... ensuring that the US military budget stays yuge?
no... I mean russia invested $100, oligarchs stole $80, and then they said "we have invented a new super weapon".
Defense lobbyst in the states grasped and said "hell yeah, they have a new superweapon... lets spend $1200 on Raytheon to keep our edge"

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Am starting to believe the military capabilities of Russia have been grossly overstated over the years in the interest of keeping the US military budget at 12fold levels so long.
It's probably a little of both. For sure, Russia has damn near endless resources they could throw at this and just obliviate it, but the rest of the world would most likely step in and do something if that happened. The "regime change" type wars and shit like Iraq and Afghanistan never go well for anyone and the war of attrition can work against you, as roadside bombings and other guerilla attacks add up over time. Russia has invested heavily in weapons to defeat US carrier groups, then air defenses against hard to shoot down targets, and so on. Their air force is for lobbing weapons at those carrier groups.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
I mean, they're kinda there...
I would say they are not even close to throwing everything at this.

But that means that in a limited war, their ineptitude and incompetence all but guarantees failure.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
cept you kinda did
If we’re playing silly buggers with intent… ah fuck it. I can’t be assed tonight. You can and should be outraged as an individual but this guy is talking about America and Russia, neither of who has any moral authority whatsoever. Russia’s invasion, no matter how terrible, does not suddenly wipe clean American atrocities. My point was he knows this, and therefore is choosing not to bring it up as it is unhelpful. That’s all.