Quantcast

WWIII thread

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
I was checking some stuff on reddit and twitter... and from the pictures of gunned down russian tanks and helicopters its seems
1) Russians have a lot of old ass run down equipment on the front lines.
2) 3-4 days in and ukraine is still holding position. apparently Javelins are mowing thru russian tanks easily. sheer size of deployment/number of battles suggest casualties in 4 digits for both sides already.
3) Russian tanks are running out of fuel mid battle, and entire squads of paratroppers have been lost with no clear supply line.

I suspect there is no way the russian army is as large/equipped as we have all been told, there is no way an economy the size of spain can support an army which on paper is/was nato (minus the US) sized.

Inclag

Turbo Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
MA

Russian State owned media with a story about Cunty Musk when wagging war against Ukraine......wonder why at the start of a war this would ever be considered newsworthy by Russian State owned media?

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado

Russian State owned media with a story about Cunty Musk when wagging war against Ukraine......wonder why at the start of a war this would ever be considered newsworthy by Russian State owned media?
To quote @rideit linky no worky. But Anonymous it targeting any and all Russian state owned and controlled media currently.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
If this turns into a crazy failed attempt at puffery and the Russians fall apart under their own weight, I’ll be curious to see what that does to their global PR. I wonder what all the oddly “supportive” sources will do to spin things.

Just make up more crazy shit as they don't live in a fact/reason based universe.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
TikTok videos are now showing many Russian tanks and vehicles running out of fuel and being abandoned then looted and burned via Ukrainian volunteers
there is a video of ukranians rolling up on a tank out of gas and offering them a tow back to russia

Sandro

Terrified of Cucumbers
Nov 12, 2006
The old world
Even if I have my doubts that it paints an accurate picture, the Ukranians are doing an incredible job on the information war front, with tangible real world effects.

In other news, Germany just kicked three decades worth of Russia and defense policy in the can, tripling the defense budget for this year, putting 2% + defense expenditures into the constitution, finally deciding to acquire armed drones and continue nuclear sharing.
All this won’t help if procurement and training don’t get sorted out, but these were debates and issues that have dragged on for decades. Sad about the impetus that finally got the ball rolling. Also building new LNG terminals to compensate for Russian imports.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I never would have predicted that Ukraine would hold its own and repel the russians. I wonder if they are getting a lot of behind-the-scenes support with javelins and supplies from friendlies (aka, us).

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
The cards Russia are playing paints a desperate position, IMO. Not a good situation! Maybe we will see a nuke fail to launch and go off on the ground.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Military coup in Russia would be nice, followed by actual democratic elections and then global nuclear disarmament.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
I never would have predicted that Ukraine would hold its own and repel the russians. I wonder if they are getting a lot of behind-the-scenes support with javelins and supplies from friendlies (aka, us).
They indeed do, Poland, Czech Rep, Baltic states, now German, Netherlands - Europe can out-logistics the russians for long enough to make this a massive nightmare for Putler at home. You can send them Ukrainians some cash for self-defense gear if you're inclined to do so. The russians are good at one thing and one thing only - needlessly wasting human lives "za rodinu", because human life has no value in russia, never did, never will. That may not be of much use in European war mongering anymore.

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
Be fitting if he ends up like that other KGB guy Beria, supposedly his body was dumped in the sewer?

A special tribunal was set up. The accused were allowed no representation and no appeal. When the death sentence was passed, according to General Moskalenko, Beria fell to the floor and begged on his knees for mercy. It was not a quality he had shown to others, and it was not now shown to him. He and his confederates were taken away and promptly shot. His wife and son were sent to a Siberian labour camp.