Quantcast

WWIII thread

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
The various groups of Russians I have run into while on vacation in Cuba were pretty much all demanding, loud, obnoxious and seriously unfriendly if their women were around, but fairly genial if they were wife-less. Some very interesting tattoos with lots of multi pointed stars, daggers and skulls etc but the weirdest were the eyes. They looked like women's eyes but only the bit you would see through a veil like a naquib. The groups I have run into in the bush while canoeing in Canuckistan were quite a bit more open and engaging. Same sort of tattoos though, once you see a few set of those eyes - they stay with you.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
I get rich kid of horrible millionaire vibes from most of them.
to be fair, don't you get that from pretty much everybody?!?! :D
The various groups of Russians I have run into while on vacation in Cuba were pretty much all demanding, loud, obnoxious and seriously unfriendly if their women were around, but fairly genial if they were wife-less. Some very interesting tattoos with lots of multi pointed stars, daggers and skulls etc but the weirdest were the eyes. They looked like women's eyes but only the bit you would see through a veil like a naquib. The groups I have run into in the bush while canoeing in Canuckistan were quite a bit more open and engaging. Same sort of tattoos though, once you see a few set of those eyes - they stay with you.
was going to say... I've only been to a resort vacation in Cuba once, but pretty much all the guests there acted that way. Quebecers and Albertans, Russians, Italians. Made me sick to my stomach. There were also other native Spanish speakers (Colombians and Venezuelans as I recall), who were a bit condescending, but still generally polite. I wonder if that's not more a representation of those stupid all-inclusive resort settings. People feel entitled when they've paid for an-inclusive, and so act that way.

General, non-resort travelling has mostly led to agreeable encounters for me.

No idea about the tattoos though. Would be curious to know what that's all about?

gonefirefightin

free wieners
So now the Russians are stooping to a new low.

The current tactics are going to a town or village with no or little military presence, targeting operational hospitals, occupied apartment buildings and residential structures, then ambushing the ambulances, Fire and public service entities responding to the fires and medical calls.

Makes me furious

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
20% casualties on the Russian side
Oh darn

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
So now the Russians are stooping to a new low.

The current tactics are going to a town or village with no or little military presence, targeting operational hospitals, occupied apartment buildings and residential structures, then ambushing the ambulances, Fire and public service entities responding to the fires and medical calls.

Makes me furious

A Lenin quote from the video I posted earlier. 'You probe with bayonets: if you find mush, you push. If you find steel, you withdraw'

Interestingly this is a similar tactic that the Germans used during the battle of Britain. At the begining they were engaging military targets and were taking heavy losses. So they switched to bombing cities thinking they could get the Brits to surrender. First they were wrong about the Brits surrendering but it also let the British forces to remain intact allowing them to continuing to fight. That seems to be what is happening in Ukraine. In addition these people aren't going to quit. Their whole country can be destroyed and they will keep fighting out of sheer spite and hatred.

What is infuriating is that I think a lot of western countries (cough germany cough) are more than happy to just arm Ukraine so they can destroy the Russian army while the western countries suffer little and Ukraine is left in ashes.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
A Lenin quote from the video I posted earlier. 'You probe with bayonets: if you find mush, you push. If you find steel, you withdraw'

Interestingly this is a similar tactic that the Germans used during the battle of Britain. At the begining they were engaging military targets and were taking heavy losses. So they switched to bombing cities thinking they could get the Brits to surrender. First they were wrong about the Brits surrendering but it also let the British forces to remain intact allowing them to continuing to fight. That seems to be what is happening in Ukraine. In addition these people aren't going to quit. Their whole country can be destroyed and they will keep fighting out of sheer spite and hatred.

What is infuriating is that I think a lot of western countries (cough germany cough) are more than happy to just arm Ukraine so they can destroy the Russian army while the western countries suffer little and Ukraine is left in ashes.
What's infuriating is that the Germans are still happily trading with the russians, funding the war and lessening the impacts of the economic sanctions.

Russians will be russians, steppe hordes on the doorstep of western civilization, forever hurt by the scorn they receive for their crudeness, forever tortured by the gap between their ambitions and capabilities.

Sandro

Terrified of Cucumbers
Nov 12, 2006
The old world
No NATO member will get directly involved, but have you heard about this crazy idea of not transferring 200M Euros a day to Russia?! Maybe Putin’s demand of payment in Rubles will finally get the ball moving towards an embargo.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
No NATO member will get directly involved, but have you heard about this crazy idea of not transferring 200M Euros a day to Russia?! Maybe Putin’s demand of payment in Rubles will finally get the ball moving towards an embargo.
ha yea i saw about the rubles only payment thing. supposedly they are out of cash reserves in other currencies?

Sandro

Terrified of Cucumbers
Nov 12, 2006
The old world
ha yea i saw about the rubles only payment thing. supposedly they are out of cash reserves in other currencies?
As most of their foreign currency reserves are frozen that’s pretty likely, but I think the main motivation on Russia’s side is making the west undercut their own sanctions by buying currency from Russia’s central bank, which is the only way to get substantial amounts of Rubles.

Hard to say if this will shake things loose, I‘m still pessimistic on an embargo in the near future, as it might lead to the unimaginable horrors of a recession in Europe.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Good read

And then being part of the Trump administration that took that creeping, looming confrontation and lurched it forward significantly — both on the macro level, with regards to undermining our alliances, perceptions that there were divides for Putin to exploit, the insipid efforts to undermine and weaken the United States domestically. And then, of course, on the micro level, weakening the bonds between the U.S. and Ukraine. And then, post-Trump, the insurrection was a key milestone in that, you know: “The U.S. is weak. This is the time to strike.”
That's a strange way to say "HuNtEr BiDeNs LaPTop!". :confused:

StiHacka

Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Fucking animals. :mad:

StiHacka

Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
This would seem like an incredible strategic victory. But I think it is actually part of the plan. Russian generals die quickly under Putin. No general can become powerful enough to plan a coup.
I think it's just a combination of russian hubris, neglect and values. Nas mnogo.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

Hopefully the result of sabotage.

I was surprised to see a video of Ukranians breaking bottles of booze, I guess it has been banned. Probably a good idea but it would be better to let the stuff get captured. Guessing fighting the drunk and hungover would be esier. Even better if just poisoned.

In WWII the British made a batch of canned goods where every tenth or so can was contaminated with an extremely powerful laxatives. Enough to make a bunch of them sick, but not enough for them to realize it was the food that was causing it.