Quantcast

WWIII thread

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Fucking gas all the russian animals who stepped in Ukraine :mad:

I think it is important to understand what is happening. I am somewhat angry and ashamed I had no idea this was standard operating procedure for the Russians. But at some point, for your own mental health, just don't click. It doesn't really inform you any more but just erodes your own humanity.

FlipSide

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
I think it is important to understand what is happening. I am somewhat angry and ashamed I had no idea this was standard operating procedure for the Russians. But at some point, for your own mental health, just don't click. It doesn't really inform you any more but just erodes your own humanity.
If this is 100% true, it is right up there, along with the worst atrocities committed by the Khmer Rouges in Cambodia.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
If this is 100% true, it is right up there, along with the worst atrocities committed by the Khmer Rouges in Cambodia.

If you haven't been paying attention the Russian military will bomb/shoot/rape/torture anyone from infants to senior citizens on purpose as a strategy. Cruelty is the point. This is nothing new, simply how they operate and what they have done in Chechnya and Syria. The difference being is just that nobody gave a shit about the Chechens and Syrians.

Might as well throw in puppies, kittens and anything else with a pulse on that list.

If you wonder how Russian soldiers could do such a thing? Rape and torture is kind of part of their indoctrination and deserters are raped/tortured and if they are lucky, shot.

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
If you haven't been paying attention the Russian military will bomb/shoot/rape/torture anyone from infants to senior citizens on purpose as a strategy. Cruelty is the point. This is nothing new, simply how they operate and what they have done in Chechnya and Syria. The difference being is just that nobody gave a shit about the Chechens and Syrians.

Might as well throw in puppies, kittens and anything else with a pulse on that list.

If you wonder how Russian soldiers could do such a thing? Rape and torture is kind of part of their indoctrination and deserters are raped/tortured and if they are lucky, shot.
so now we know where most of the neanderthals migrated to

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are

protest to draw attention to the rape by soldiers, outside of the Russian Embassy in Estonia.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Thankfully I have not seen it but Russian soldier posted a video of himself raping and torturing a Ukranian toddler. I don't know what else people need to know about what is happening there.

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
Thankfully I have not seen it but Russian soldier posted a video of himself raping and torturing a Ukranian toddler. I don't know what else people need to know about what is happening there.
It is sad. We sometimes seem to wonder why someone would become a “terrorist”. I can’t even imagine if that was your child, neighbors child, shit someone from you hometown. What a feeling of rage and helplessness.
I feel that something like that would lead you to do whatever you could to strike back.

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
Peru was under russian military doctrine in the 60s-80s. We bought gear from them and got military trainning for a few decades.

In those years, enlisted soldiers would collect stray dogs, tie them straight up on poles, all 4 legs extended... and then rip them apart with knives, bath in their blood and chant violent songs. It was supposed to desensitize soldiers and make them more aggressive.
This was actual military trainning caught on video under the russian doctrine years.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Meanwhile in Czech Republic, we actually do our best to make a difference, unlike our rotten Yuropean leaders (fuck you Germany, France and UK)

Btw. these RM-70s are NOT shitty russian trucks but my favorite truck platform ever, the Tatra 813

Edit, also this: https://twitter.com/UAWeapons/status/1514294528550879235

If you ever wondered, ShKH == Samohybna kanonova houfnice. Houfnice is the Czech origin of "howitzer", cannons used by the Czech Hussite army in the 15th century. DANA's platform is Tatra 815. Not a russian weapon system.

Last edited:

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Meanwhile in Czech Republic, we actually do our best to make a difference, unlike our rotten Yuropean leaders (fuck you Germany, France and UK)

Btw. these RM-70s are NOT shitty russian trucks but my favorite truck platform ever, the Tatra 813

If you ever wondered, ShKH == Samohybna kanonova houfnice. Houfnice is the Czech origin of "howitzer", cannons used by the Czech Hussite army in the 15th century. DANA's platform is Tatra 815. Not a russian weapon system.
US is sending some artillery, helicopters and APCs. Not exactly tanks but ma duece still doesn't fuck around.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Biden is committing 800 Million. Why the fuck not a Billion to defend global democracy? I actually think most US citizens would be cool with it right now, politically.
Uh, the US has approved $13.6 billion. This $800 mil is just the next package of that to be released.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Oh, good, I hadn't heard that figure. Has it been applied in a meaningful way to weaponry yet, or is it still just a promise?

We have been giving Ukraine military aid and have been training with them since the war in Crimea in 2014, in particular the shoulder fired missles they have been using to great effect. But since the war started they have already receive a bunch more machine guns, ammunition, grenade launchers, mortars, body armor, stinger and javeline missiles that have been taking down all those Russian tanks and jets in addition to a $1,000,000,000 in humanitarian aid.

Part of the problem is that Ukraine's army is largely based off of old Soviet gear so a lot of what we have isn't compatible with what they have and you just can't deliver something like a patriot missile system and expect them to be able to use and maintain them effectively, it takes years of training and a bunch of support personel. The Ukrainians are going to have to send people to a US base somewhere to get trained on the new artillery systems before they can be used effectively in combat. Even the helicopters we are sending them are old Soviet models we somehow got our hands on.

Has it been effective?
1649905108153.png

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK

Hopefully that goes well for them. IME it takes a lot of training and practice for artillery to be very effective. That's what I used to do. It also relies on real-time intel, which could be drones, forward-observers, counter-fire radar, but same thing, these need to be effecive/proficient. Unlike how in Vietnam we'd shell an empty mountain side for half an hour

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
US is sending some artillery, helicopters and APCs. Not exactly tanks but ma duece still doesn't fuck around.
I think big part of the Danish army is in such a sorry state it equals what the Russians showed up with. Like we had old stings we wanted to give and they needed to be refurbished by the Americans. It would be cool if we could give them our F16s as we are getting F35s but delivery process is so long. Not even sure if you can just pass on F16s without all the necessary logistics. That said we could and should do more.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I think big part of the Danish army is in such a sorry state it equals what the Russians showed up with. Like we had old stings we wanted to give and they needed to be refurbished by the Americans. It would be cool if we could give them our F16s as we are getting F35s but delivery process is so long. Not even sure if you can just pass on F16s without all the necessary logistics. That said we could and should do more.

Ukraine has been complimented on their pilots abilities, I am sure they could fly an f-16 but not with anywhere near the same proficiency that has been attributed to their success. Not to mention the maintenance and logistics required to maintain air worthiness is orders of magnitude more complex than just having pilots. One certainly could transfer complex weapon systems to Ukraine but to do it properly and to not treat people and equipment like cannon fodder it would certainly be a long term investment with no immediate results. I think a lot of the supporting countries have had to quickly change their strategies as it was originally assumed the Russians would overpower Ukraine and they would be fighting a guerilla war and not something closer to a peer to peer conflict.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
I have somebody in the family who maintain helicopters for the navy and transfer of new equipment is a huge task clearly.

This war must also be huge intelligence risk maybe on both sides in regards to learning about each sides weapons and capabilities but not something I have heard about well in general the Danish media seems like babies when it comes to war and what actually goes on.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Also with the GDP of Russia how long can they afford to fund a war like this? I know they are using equipment they already have but how long can that go on?

Sandro

Terrified of Cucumbers
Nov 12, 2006
The old world
Also with the GDP of Russia how long can they afford to fund a war like this? I know they are using equipment they already have but how long can that go on?
The EU alone is paying them billions every week for energy, so cash will not be the main issue. Lack of supply of technical components is probably a bigger constraint at this point.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Not that we need more evidence, or more context, but JTFC: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/apr/14/as-russia-continues-to-bomb-ukraine-are-its-weapons-of-choice-getting-worse

up to 10,000 civilian deaths in Mariupol alone?!

it's hard to see a long-term resolution to the conflict. Even if Russia "wins", how the hell are they supposed to govern when so much of the population will have been directly impacted by the war. It'll be like the Nazi occupation of western Europe in the early 40s. Why not just skip that phase and fuck off home?! (I know, I know, I sound like an Irish MEP...)

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
It's a hostile invasion, not a 'conflict'. I really wish western media would get that stupid word out of it's mouth.

I imagine we're probably seeing the early days of what russia would do with a successful occupation. Ship off the dissenters to concentration camps and crack down on truth.

Last edited:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Fuck 'r they gonna do -- bust up the tent camps of people whose homes got blown up
don't make me laugh at that

It's the american way. No matter what happens, no matter the failure vs. success rate.........

1) always just give more money to cops and military

2) If not giving more money to cops and military, see item 1)

I'm going to keep making fun of the biden administration for after all of the potential lessons of 2020, they're giving way more federal money to cops. It's all our gov't knows how to do.

Fun fact: NYPD's annual budget is almost as much as we're pumping into the military for ukraine

You're watching NYPD take credit now for finding the subway shooter (it was a metro camera guy), capturing the shooter (he turned himself in), to say nothing of the fact that they neither prevented or stopped the shooting. They literally did nothing, and get over 10 billion dollars a year to like you said, beat up homeless people.

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Not that we need more evidence, or more context, but JTFC: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/apr/14/as-russia-continues-to-bomb-ukraine-are-its-weapons-of-choice-getting-worse

up to 10,000 civilian deaths in Mariupol alone?!

it's hard to see a long-term resolution to the conflict. Even if Russia "wins", how the hell are they supposed to govern when so much of the population will have been directly impacted by the war. It'll be like the Nazi occupation of western Europe in the early 40s. Why not just skip that phase and fuck off home?! (I know, I know, I sound like an Irish MEP...)

I remember history class in middle school where we were told that the Soviet Union to maintain national unity would forcibly move people from one region to another to essentially erase any local identity. So force Ukrainians to move to Russia, or just kill them all, force Russians to move to Ukraine. Voila, no Ukrainians in Ukraine to erase Ukraine as a country. Doesn't matter if you destroy it in the process as long as the natural gas reserves are still there.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
I remember history class in middle school where we were told that the Soviet Union to maintain national unity would forcibly move people from one region to another to essentially erase any local identity. So force Ukrainians to move to Russia, or just kill them all, force Russians to move to Ukraine. Voila, no Ukrainians in Ukraine to erase Ukraine as a country. Doesn't matter if you destroy it in the process as long as the natural gas reserves are still there.
pretty much China's approach too. makes sense that they are backing Russia on this one.