Quantcast

WWIII thread

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
its one thing if you know what you are getting into or know whats coming but it seems these kids werent told shit and were just thrown into the fire.
in substance, that isnt much different from recruiting underpriviliged high school kids offering them "free college and a career" and then shipping them to iraq.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
in substance, that isnt much different from recruiting underpriviliged high school kids offering them "free college and a career" and then shipping them to iraq.
Not even close, Those russians were pulled for "exercise's" but were fed to the wolves of combat with no prep, resources or even training for those reservists as such in the video.

Our military is still a volunteer service and has deployment notices and a ton of training to prepare for the roll out. Even as a national guardsman I had 9 months of train up before I went to combat.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Not even close, Those russians were pulled for "exercise's" but were fed to the wolves of combat with no prep, resources or even training for those reservists as such in the video.

Our military is still a volunteer service and has deployment notices and a ton of training to prepare for the roll out. Even as a national guardsman I had 9 months of train up before I went to combat.
Recruiters do use some interesting versions of the truth.

Sandro

Terrified of Cucumbers
Nov 12, 2006
The old world
Reports that Putin has fired his Chief of the General Staff. Probably a great time to have an inexperienced yes-man reporting to your cornered animal leader that just found out the EU intends to supply fighter jets to Ukraine.

Sandro

Terrified of Cucumbers
Nov 12, 2006
The old world

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
its one thing if you know what you are getting into or know whats coming but it seems these kids werent told shit and were just thrown into the fire.
That's classic Russia for you.
Not even close. You simply don't have a choice of not going in conscription countries. Been there ...

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
That's been slowly starting Friday, huge lines at banks and ATMs and lots of banks limiting withdrawals. Should turn into proper bank runs now and the Rubel is going to absolutely tank tomorrow. I already posted another video of this finance prof explaining the economic effects of the latest sanctions.
This is brutally going to hit all Western banks that hold assets or collateral in Russia. They should just confiscate the oligarch's and Putin's assets to cover for the losses.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
How is it that the lead singer from a bad copycat KISS band (not that KISS was any good) be smarter than a former president and several sitting members of congress?
The best display of leadership seen in the last few years came from a guy who played chopsticks with his dick on a tv show.

Politicians normally come from the worst human stock possible.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
So, I was thinking a little bit more about the implications of this incident. Given who the owner of the yacht is, you can damn well bet that the Ukrainian crew was recruited for the Russian speaking, ‘pro-Russia’ part of the Ukraine. This guerrilla action is, most certainly, NOT what Putin expected from the areas that he claims are being ‘liberated’.
May or may not be so, but I am pretty sure it is the case.
I believe it is telling of the current global sentiment.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I dunno, it might be a little different than airsoft.

Looks like the recently retired professionals are coming out to play. @gonefirefightin what do you think the 1:# ratio of recently retired special ops/boots down combat troops are vs. the Russian troops is? 1:5? 1:10?