Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
I wonder if this has anything to do with adorning the sides of your destroyer with very explosive and flammable missiles...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I wonder if this has anything to do with adorning the sides of your destroyer with very explosive and flammable missiles...

All speculation but reports that the ship was abandoned immediately with little attempt at damage control. Navy ships should be able to take massive damage and still float.

Putin arrested the admiral in charge of the Black Sea fleet. Sounds like he is a bit grumpy.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
All speculation but reports that the ship was abandoned immediately with little attempt at damage control. Navy ships should be able to take massive damage and still float.

Putin arrested the admiral in charge of the Black Sea fleet. Sounds like he is a bit grumpy.
I guess its take more than standard russian navy training to convince some sailors that a burning ship filled with explosive is a safe place to stay.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
This guy has some interesting takes.

Couldn't sit through all of that but it is well known that the whole Russian system is based on grift and theft. Watch this instead of a guy wearing a t-shirt I had when I was 7 years old. Specifically starting at 12:30

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
Couldn't sit through all of that but it is well known that the whole Russian system is based on grift and theft. Watch this instead of a guy wearing a t-shirt I had when I was 7 years old. Specifically starting at 12:30

Also worth a read is the link at the start of this thread.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Ukraine is certainly winning the internet war here. They post a lot of videos of their successes and hide any military losses so things probably aren't going as well is it may seem to the outside world. But what is hilarious is that Russia posts videos of people shooting at nothing or straight up just missing their targets.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Meanwhile in Czech Republic, we actually do our best to make a difference, unlike our rotten Yuropean leaders (fuck you Germany, France and UK)
You mean more than those rotten € 2 billion that Germany just gave?

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Major mistake of the Ukraine to not let him visit. How can you bite the hand that feeds you so bad?
It was clearly just Germany that made mistakes in their relationship with Russia. Ukrainia did everything right for sure. I mean, it was the Germans that gave away the Ukrainian nukes, all the strategic bombers and cruise missiles for paying for gas debts. :rolleyes:
And where does the Ukraine get their energy from? Why do they not just blow up the gas pipeline to Europe if they really want to stop Russian gas exports?

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Major mistake of the Ukraine to not let him visit. How can you bite the hand that feeds you so bad?
It was clearly just Germany that made mistakes in their relationship with Russia. Ukrainia did everything right for sure. I mean, it was the Germans that gave away the Ukrainian nukes, all the strategic bombers and cruise missiles for paying for gas debts. :rolleyes:
And where does the Ukraine get their energy from? Why do they not just blow up the gas pipeline to Europe if they really want to stop Russian gas exports?
Whataboutism much? It is not up to Ukraine to decide on behalf of the russian energy customers whether they want to continue doing business with Putin. Besides, if they blow it up, Germany just reverts to Nord Stream 2 - wasn't that the goal of that endeavor anyway, a happy uninterrupted RU-DE partnership, the rest of Europe be damned? Where did you get the €2b figure btw.? Is this inaccurate? https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/apr/14/german-chancellor-stalling-heavy-weaponry-ukraine-coalition-olaf-scholz-russia-offensive

Germany has been stalling efforts to punish russia for their unprovoked aggression towards Ukraine. They kept delaying sanctions until their position was unattainable. They just decided to shut down the remaining nuclear power even if that increases their dependency on fossil fuels and therefore russian gas. Steinmeyer *is* a Putin-Versteher and a major supporter of Nord stream 2 and pro-russian policies. Why send that clown, why can't Scholz show up instead? There is very little that Germany has done in the last two moths that has impressed me. I don't think it is just my observation based on the general sentiment expressed towards German half-assed efforts in the media.

I find your statement about "biting the hand that feeds you" pretty tasteless. :(