Quantcast

WWIII thread

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Interesting economic analysis of the war.

TLDW: Russia is fucked long term unless the West and Ukraine roll over quickly. I say "and" as Russia could have a military victory but if sanctions remain they are still fucked. Of course it is plausible that they declare some kind of military victory, propose a treaty and the West forces Ukraine to capitulate under the threat of loss of support for the sake of returning to the economic status quo. I would call this the Trump/Le Pen/Schroeder plan.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Nope, whatever happens, happens. Your party ran the table in 2020 so I'm assuming your elated with the Biden administration so far to date. IMO, it is what it is. So if you say everything is going swimmingly, then great! I just get a good chuckle watching this group kvetch 24/7. Kinda sad to see so many miserable people on a mountain biking site. You guys have such a deep hatred for anything/one on the right its such a joke. Anyways, to each his own.

I didn't really think this was about the election? I still get a good chuckle over people falling for absurdly obvious Russian propaganda. I guess some things may hit certain sore nerves that make them more of an emotional issue than a logical one.

Komrade, did you know that birds aren't real?

Last edited:

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
I didn't really think this was about the election? I still get a good chuckle over people falling for absurdly obvious Russian propaganda. I guess some things may hit certain sore nerves that make them more of an emotional issue than a logical one.

Komrade, did you know that birds aren't real?
Well I've never once mentioned Hunter/biological weapons. I was just making the comment on what Secretary Nuland made about biolabs (I never once said bioweapons lab) can be bad if it were to fall into the hands of the Russians. This was at the beginning of the Ukraine invasion. Nobody knew Russia would be failing to achieve their goal of taking over Ukraine and was based on the assumption Russia would succeed in the early days.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California

TLDW: Russia is fucked long term unless the West and Ukraine roll over quickly. I say "and" as Russia could have a military victory but if sanctions remain they are still fucked. Of course it is plausible that they declare some kind of military victory, propose a treaty and the West forces Ukraine to capitulate under the threat of loss of support for the sake of returning to the economic status quo. I would call this the Trump/Le Pen/Schroeder plan.
You do realize Trump has be out of office 15 months? If Trump was in bed with Putin, why did he put a stop to the Nord Stream ll pipeline choking off energy supply to Germany & other parts of Europe? Anyways, there's been a new administration in place since 01/20/21 that controls every facet of Washington. The evil Orange man is out of office, time to move on! Democrats have full control at least until November. I realize some have a hard time letting go of the past, but everything that's unfolding here is solely on the guy/party you voted for, so you should be pleased.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

yea, the economic sanctions are the long game here.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Well I've never once mentioned Hunter/biological weapons.
You've certainly mentioned both independently and shown a very strong gullibility for both parody news sites, and straight regurgitation of russian propaganda via iranian 'news'. Since the pipeline of that nonsense into right wing media is pretty well established it's not out of line to make the very small leap to repeating (again) a russian propaganda line. I'll point out that russia only started making the hunter/lab claim after fox news etc. started bringing up that dumb laptop again.

So that joke was funny, relevant and has a solid basis in your past actions.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
You've certainly mentioned both independently and shown a very strong gullibility for both parody news sites, and straight regurgitation of russian propaganda via iranian 'news'. Since the pipeline of that nonsense into right wing media is pretty well established it's not out of line to make the very small leap to repeating (again) a russian propaganda line. I'll point out that russia only started making the hunter/lab claim after fox news etc. started bringing up that dumb laptop again.

So that joke was funny, relevant and has a solid basis in your past actions.
Nothing ruins a joke like having to explain it.

"That family doesn't behave like aristocrats at all" -Brian (probably)

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Based on the armament analysis, looks like it might have been hit in the area of the CIWS (gatling gun) or the last aft SS-N-12 Sandbox anti-ship missile container/launchers. I'd imagine hitting a few of those would be a hell of a fire, if the warhead goes it would definitely start to take other stuff with it. If the initial attack caught the missile's kerosene fuel on fire, that could have quickly spiraled out of control. Keeping giant misses on deck may be a big design liability.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
started bringing up that dumb laptop again.
And the laptop is proven to be legit. Email & text messages are showing Hunter & Uncle Jim tied to business dealings with China, Ukraine & Russia while Biden was VP. Anyways whatever happens, happens. I don't want to see Biden impeached over it even if everything turns out to be 100% true.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Based on the armament analysis, looks like it might have been hit in the area of the CIWS (gatling gun) or the last aft SS-N-12 Sandbox anti-ship missile container/launchers. I'd imagine hitting a few of those would be a hell of a fire, if the warhead goes it would definitely start to take other stuff with it. If the initial attack caught the missile's kerosene fuel on fire, that could have quickly spiraled out of control. Keeping giant misses on deck may be a big design liability.
Anti-ship missile hitting ships anti-missile defenses

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
And the laptop is proven to be legit. Email & text messages are showing Hunter & Uncle Jim tied to business dealings with China, Ukraine & Russia while Biden was VP. Anyways whatever happens, happens. I don't want to see Biden impeached over it even if everything turns out to be 100% true.
honestly, it'd be more of a scandal if by 2022 hunter biden didn't own a laptop

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
saw somewhere...can't remember where...that ukranians used drones during stormy weather to distract the ship's defense system and then hit it from the other side with missiles?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
saw somewhere...can't remember where...that ukranians used drones during stormy weather to distract the ship's defense system and then hit it from the other side with missiles?

That was has been published by the media, but it would be really stupid for Ukraine to explain their tactics if that was the case. Now they did need to identify the location of the ship and the drone could have been serving that purpose, maybe even testing its defensive capabilities if it was thought that some systems were down.

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
As I heard it...
Moskva had two primary radar systems, one a 180 degree high power high resolution that they kept busy with a drone out front, and the other less powerful 360 degree system that they snuck under in the rear with a wave-top bad weather approach.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
You seem to constantly misunderstand what people have a problem with regarding this. I've already said it but I'll say it again. 1. "legit" seems highly subjective here. Every legacy/heir/child of money and power abuses it. All of them. What's legit? The existence of a connection? A crime? Define it.
2. You seem to only bring up corruption with democratic party families while completely ignoring the millions of dollars the last republican president used his position to funnel into his own businesses, and yes that very much includes his kids

You say dumb shit, people point it out and your only thought is 'welp, must be a democrat'. No one here is in love with Joe Biden, his family or that political party (least all of me). Yet all you can seem to do is frame things as 'your team vs my team'. That's a horrendous oversimplification that's not only short-sighted, it's straight up wrong.

I could give a flying fuck if Biden is impeached. But it ain't gonna be over his son acting like another rich brat using his name for clout. There are PLENTY of examples of way more egregious conflicts of interest with people in power, yet you only focus on this one because you're being told to as a distraction.

Last edited:

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
You seem to constantly misunderstand what people have a problem with regarding this. I've already said it but I'll say it again. 1. "legit" seems highly subjective here. Every legacy/heir/child of money and power abuses it. All of them.
2. You seem to only bring up corruption with democratic party families while completely ignoring the millions of dollars the last republican president used his position to funnel into his own businesses, and yes that very much includes his kids

You say dumb shit, people point it out and your only thought is 'welp, must be a democrat'. No one here is in love with Joe Biden, his family or that political party (least of me). Yet all you can seem to do is frame things as 'your team vs my team'. That's a horrendous oversimplification that's not only short-sighted, it's straight up wrong.

I could give a flying fuck if Biden is impeached. But it ain't gonna be over his son acting like another rich brat using his name for clout. There are PLENTY of examples of way more egregious conflicts of interest with people in power, yet you only focus on this one because you're being told to as a distraction.
Fair enough

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
During desert storm Iraq fired off some anti ship missiles and there were some real close calls due to inattention and misidentification. USS Stark comes to mind too. I think on that one they had left the CIWS on a “track but don’t fire” setting for some reason, but significant lapses in attention and identification in both.

Last edited:

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Fair enough
I’ll add my two bits, Biden and Harris may be a little blah and kind of disappointing, but they never represented a very real existential threat to our democracy, and aren’t blatantly traitorous grifters. That last dipshit would have liked nothing more than to be a dictatorial kleptocrat, that really is his North Star, morally.
And the 70,000,000 people that enabled him should be ashamed, and PISSED. instead, they are bound together (and resentful) in the deception. This is never a good thing for a functioning society.

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
You seem to constantly misunderstand what people have a problem with regarding this. I've already said it but I'll say it again. 1. "legit" seems highly subjective here. Every legacy/heir/child of money and power abuses it. All of them. What's legit? The existence of a connection? A crime? Define it.

You say dumb shit, people point it out and your only thought is 'welp, must be a democrat'. No one here is in love with Joe Biden, his family or that political party (least all of me). Yet all you can seem to do is frame things as 'your team vs my team'. That's a horrendous oversimplification that's not only short-sighted, it's straight up wrong.

Hang on a second! Are you seriously suggesting that it’s not “all about” just tallying wins for our team? GTFO with that BS.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Round II

Russians have regrouped, reinforced and refocused and one would have to assume learned a few things along the way. But the same can be said for Ukraine, hopefully their superior strategy and adaptability prove to be effective in this new phase.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Round II

Russians have regrouped, reinforced and refocused and one would have to assume learned a few things along the way. But the same can be said for Ukraine, hopefully their superior strategy and adaptability prove to be effective in this new phase.
I saw a British commentator who said in was people talk about strategy but it's all about logistics in relationship to Russia moving their army to the east to regroup and start a new offence plus and how this would make it more difficult for the Ukrainians. I hope the Ukrainians will be able to counter this new push.

Sandro

Terrified of Cucumbers
Nov 12, 2006
The old world
In return Melnyk blames Gabriel and the SPD for the Russian attack and threatens them with a future investigation. Wow, whatever this guy smokes, he should drop it. Alienating the people you want help from, way to go!
Except he said no such thing, he said "Aufarbeitung" which most closely resembles "review" or "coming to terms with", and that's something the SPD bitterly needs regarding its Russia policy unless it wants lose all credibility in that area. For me personally that happened 8 years ago.

Meanwhile:
FireShot Capture 263 - Ukraine Support Tracker - Kiel Institute - www.ifw-kiel.de.png

https://www.ifw-kiel.de/topics/war-against-ukraine/ukraine-support-tracker/

Last edited:

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada

I'm greatly tempted to buy one of the tractor pulling a tank t-shirts. but I feel like the money would be better spent directly supporting the NGOs. I'd also feel like a bit of a poseur (or bandwagon-rider) for wearing a t-shirt supporting Ukraine, without having one condemning any other global conflict... still, those are striking t-shirts...