Quantcast

WWIII thread

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
Fun fact.
With the spice, ya gotta watch the spelling - for the most part Chile is the ground dried pepper only, Chili is Chile with other spices such as cumin, black peppercorn, salt, garlic etc. :nerd:

Took me forever to figure this out here in the wilds of Canuckistan. Chili powder is everywhere, some ok, most bad, but Chile you can find on occasion. Your best bet is to just hit up a Mexican grocery.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Fun fact.
With the spice, ya gotta watch the spelling - for the most part Chile is the ground dried pepper only, Chili is Chile with other spices such as cumin, black peppercorn, salt, garlic etc. :nerd:

Took me forever to figure this out here in the wilds of Canuckistan. Chili powder is everywhere, some ok, most bad, but Chile you can find on occasion. Your best bet is to just hit up a Mexican grocery.
As a 20 year annexed bajan californian and a coloradan we both know this. I just wanted to argue with another middle aged white dude who cooks the shit about authenticity because I knew he couldn't help himself :D

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
Care to expand on that? Whatever Navalny's faults, it doesn't seem that controversial to be calling for the release of a Russian political prisoner who was an outspoken critic of Putin.
I think the issue is not that he is a political prisoner and should be released, but the fawning that seems to take place over him. From what I have read, he is pretty racist and nationalistic himself and is not a panacea for Russia's ills. Would he be better than Vlad the Vain? Magic 8 ball says - Most Likely.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I think the issue is not that he is a political prisoner and should be released, but the fawning that seems to take place over him. From what I have read, he is pretty racist and nationalistic himself and is not a panacea for Russia's ills. Would he be better than Vlad the Vain? Magic 8 ball says - Most Likely.

Instead of giant douche or turd sandwich it is Hitler or Mussolini.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Looks like she was fired from her teaching job and is investigated by the Swedish police. Unfortunately, since she is a naturalized Swede, she can't be sent back to her hellhole.
I know the videos and phone calls I have watched have been posted to make Russians look bad but one aspect that has been consistent and likely unintentional is that these fuckers are some of the shallowest materialistic fuckers on the planet. And the more I learn about Russia the more I see similarities with Trump.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I know the videos and phone calls I have watched have been posted to make Russians look bad but one aspect that has been consistent and likely unintentional is that these fuckers are some of the shallowest materialistic fuckers on the planet. And the more I learn about Russia the more I see similarities with Trump.
I mean hey shallow consumerism is still a new thing there! It's the new metric of status after years of breadlines and bullshit KGB nonsense.

I hadn't thought about it but you're right. They all seem to bring money/clothes/status into it. Keep them dirty nazi hands off my tracksuits!

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I mean hey shallow consumerism is still a new thing there! It's the new metric of status after years of breadlines and bullshit KGB nonsense.

I hadn't thought about it but you're right. They all seem to bring money/clothes/status into it. Keep them dirty nazi hands off my tracksuits!

The one that got me was an intercepted phone call between a soldier and his brother. Soldier was talking about how everyone around him was getting killed, had no food or equipment, painted a grim picture. His brother just seemed interested in just asking the soldier to steal an i-phone for him.

Edit: The way things are going the bread lines are going to be making a comeback.

Last edited: