Quantcast

WWIII thread

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
And that is a long way away. Rumors that Putin is preparing to declare war, which seems pointless but it gives him the ability to mobilize mass conscription. The soviet union beat Germany largely by hurling Russian corpses at them. The Russians have vast reserves of poor non-Russians to throw at the problem. Not to mention they are already forcing men in the occupied areas of Ukraine. Throw the bodies of Ukranians at the Ukrainians.
based on what we've seen so far, i think the biggest restraining factor would be their ability to adequately arm and equip such a large force.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
based on what we've seen so far, i think the biggest restraining factor would be their ability to adequately arm and equip such a large force.

There are questions on what they have in usable reserves for some items like air power, tanks and precision munitions. But they have plenty of rifles and artillery to keep throwing at the problem like it was 1944, and they more they can do to destroy Ukranian infrastructure the easier it will be to hamper resupply from the West. The puzzling thing is that they keep using valuable assets to take out apartment buildings instead of bridges, railroads etc. When cruelty becomes the objective success is lost as an objective.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Other than Fuck Putin.
Some people say fuck cancer. Might want to give cancer a break this time around.

Was waiting for a credible news source to publish this, so here is a credible news source quoting a not so credible news source because journalism is dead.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Some people say fuck cancer. Might want to give cancer a break this time around.

Was waiting for a credible news source to publish this, so here is a credible news source quoting a not so credible news source because journalism is dead.

I'd heard some Putin/cancer rumors too, but hadn't shared anything as it is unconfirmed.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I believe it is the third night in a row there have been explosions in Belgorod Russia. I bet all those Russians are really irritated getting woken up safe in their homes as nearby military complexes burn.

And how shit are their air defenses that Ukraine can hit targets behind the Russian border? However Belgorod is within the range of some of the new drone systems that have been delivered. If that is the case I hope we send more. May be smart to wipe all markings though. Better yet wall to wall cock art.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Russia is literally calling everyone who doesn't support them Nazis then threatens to put Russians who oppose the war into concentration camps.

FlipSide

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Russia is literally calling everyone who doesn't support them Nazis then threatens to put Russians who oppose the war into concentration camps.
It may very well be complete wishful thinking from my part, but I really don't see how the Russian state and army can avoid a complete collapse soon.

All their propaganda is based on absolutely grotesque lies, their army's moral is reportedly extremely low, they are going from failure to failure in Ukraine (Note: Except when it comes to looting, slaughtering civilians and raping little girls in front of their dead parents... We have to give it to them, Russian scums have proven to be very good at doing that).

How sustainable can this alternate reality based on such laughably ridiculous babbling really be? What percentage of the russian population needs to be completely braindead for it to go on like this for a long time?

QAnon garbage, the Big Lie and the Trump Cult in the US is already quite frightening and difficult to understand for anybody with a functional brain...but this is next level bullshit. I just hope it stops as soon as possible.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
How sustainable can this alternate reality based on such laughably ridiculous babbling really be? What percentage of the russian population needs to be completely braindead for it to go on like this for a long time?
That's all they ever experienced - their history in a nutshell.

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada

Sandro

Terrified of Cucumbers
Nov 12, 2006
The old world
All their propaganda is based on absolutely grotesque lies, their army's moral is reportedly extremely low, they are going from failure to failure in Ukraine (Note: Except when it comes to looting, slaughtering civilians and raping little girls in front of their dead parents... We have to give it to them, Russian scums have proven to be very good at doing that).

I'll gladly take this opportunity to wheel out Adam Curtis again. The Russians are very well versed in accepting a reality that they know perfectly well is fake and a system that is obviously failing for a lack of being able to imagine any alternative (not that we aren't pretty adept at that in the west as well):

(timestamp at 19:54)

This book is the basis for the term and a really fascinating look at the collapsing Soviet Union: https://press.princeton.edu/books/paperback/9780691121178/everything-was-forever-until-it-was-no-more

Sandro

Terrified of Cucumbers
Nov 12, 2006
The old world
Fingers crossed.

Sounds a bit like western wishful thinking to me. I've read several assesments over the past days that go in the opposite direction: that there is great disdain for Putin's handling of the Ukraine invasion, but because he went in too soft with his "special operation" approach and that the generals want all out war.
I can't really imagine Putin being toppled, and even if he is, I don't think he will get replaced with someone we would consider more palatable, quite the opposite possibly.

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
Sounds a bit like western wishful thinking to me. I've read several assesments over the past days that go in the opposite direction: that there is great disdain for Putin's handling of the Ukraine invasion, but because he went in too soft with his "special operation" approach and that the generals want all out war.
I can't really imagine Putin being toppled, and even if he is, I don't think he will get replaced with someone we would consider more palatable, quite the opposite possibly.
Good point.

Highlighting the naivety surrounding a possible post-Putin Russia, author Dr Ben Noble, said: “You don’t simply get rid of Putin and then miraculously democracy emerges. No, it’s highly likely that, if Putin were to be deposed, then somebody with an even greater appetite for confrontation with the West would emerge,” said the associate professor of Russian politics at University College London.

https://inews.co.uk/news/russia-palace-coup-vladimir-putin-ukraine-war-more-dangerous-west-1607769

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Stay classy, russkies in Germany!
1651667682617.png

"As long as a russkie soldier has matches, salt and moonshine, go suck dick NATO soldiers and shake with fear Pentagon."