Quantcast

WWIII thread

Sandro

Terrified of Cucumbers
Nov 12, 2006
The old world
Still no confirmation of the ship getting hit. Probably fake, or perhaps the Russian Navy is just trying their hand at old fashioned whaling.
Don't expect it to come from the Russians, who just recently claimed that the Moskva was in no way involved in their little special operation and sunk by accident.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I respect the use of hazard lights and deliberately steering around people. And lets be honest...the fact that security and cops didnt just unload a college tuition's worth of ammo into the person.

Good point. However I assume after he was arrested if the appropriate bribes weren't paid he got a hot poker up the dickhole.

Last edited:

Sandro

Terrified of Cucumbers
Nov 12, 2006
The old world
Fuck any bureaucrat that came up with this and fuck any politician that didn't intervene. There was considerable outrage about this telegraphed measure over the last week, but Berlin city government shrugged their shoulders despite it being completely obvious how terrible this would look. But if you think that's bad, you can be glad you can't understand the talk shows over here. It's unbelievable what kind of abhorrent horse shit can still be uttered there.

Meanwhile I've been live watching Putin's victory day speech and he doesn't seem to know what he wants to do with his special operation. Just the ususual victim complex work out and glorious Russia stuff, but no general mobilization and unfortunately no air force flypast due to "clouds".

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Russkies have no right to ever celebrate in Poland. It's all a display of power anyway.

TIL that the Russians let the Germans retake Warsaw after the Warsaw Uprising and murder a quarter million people so they could take Poland on their terms, without any organization for an independent state.

I never thought things would get so complicated that I would have to take time to think whether I would say Germans/Nazis or Soviets/Russia. On one level I am technically incorrect but on another I am very fucking correct.

Last edited:

Sandro

Terrified of Cucumbers
Nov 12, 2006
The old world
TIL that the Russians let the Germans retake Warsaw after the Warsaw Uprising and murder a quarter million people so they could take Poland on their terms, without any organization for an independent state.

I never thought things would get so complicated that I would have to take time to think whether I would say Germans/Nazis or Soviets/Russia. On one level I am technically incorrect but on another I am very fucking correct.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
My great-grandparents on my mom's side were Polish. Maybe it was the "blitzkrieg factor", but I've always wondered, they stayed in Poland through Nazi occupation, and didn't split until it became Soviet territory. I genuinely wish I knew more about why that was.
@Silver recommended a book in another thread that I've forgotten called "Bloodlands" that is about this subject. As I recall it came up when I mentioned that the maternal side of my family drew heritage pretty far back into the eastern Poland/Ukraine region, and that a bunch of the males in the family went into the Katyn Woods and were never seen again. The remainder fled to the States shortly thereafter.

But yeah, the book is grim reading.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
the botox is winning

I was on very low doses of that stuff for like 4 days and I pretty much wanted to murder everyone around me. It was also a struggle to not shit my pants.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Ukraine has been claiming to have been making strategical retreats to some river I can neither spell or pronounce. Was hard to tell if that was true or if they were just getting their butts kicked. Then there was news that the Russians had crossed the river, which could only be done with secrecy or overwhelming force. Turns out it was neither. Ukrainians let them build a bridge and once a certain number of russians crossed they destroyed it and obliterated those who were trapped on the wrong side.

1652303016309.png

1652303058446.png

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan

I was on very low doses of that stuff for like 4 days and I pretty much wanted to murder everyone around me. It was also a struggle to not shit my pants.
Yeah prednisone swells up the face like crazy.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I refuse to touch that stuff after getting the rage. Dont remember any anger shits though :rofl:
My mother had a brain tumor and that shit was keeping her alive. She quickly concluded it wasn't worth being alive on that stuff. I didn't question the decision but never truly understood it until I had to take it. The rage is real, I almost punched an annoying coworker that week.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Ukraine has been claiming to have been making strategical retreats to some river I can neither spell or pronounce. Was hard to tell if that was true or if they were just getting their butts kicked. Then there was news that the Russians had crossed the river, which could only be done with secrecy or overwhelming force. Turns out it was neither. Ukrainians let them build a bridge and once a certain number of russians crossed they destroyed it and obliterated those who were trapped on the wrong side.

View attachment 176300

View attachment 176301
This is so tactically badass. I wonder what the historical precedents are, and if they go back to ancient times.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
This is so tactically badass. I wonder what the historical precedents are, and if they go back to ancient times.

I was making certain assumptions and every situation is unique but I am guessing this is pretty standard ambush strategy. There is some risk and you have to be confident that you can take out the bridge or that it wasn't a distraction. But as the Russians have proven to be fairly incompetent strategists probably not something you have to worry about.

It seems like when the Russians observed The Charge Of The Light Brigade they thought it was cool and made it their doctrine.