Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Yeah, Hitler wasn't really that bad dude
I don't know. I think that was a pretty common point of view at the time. I don't think most people knew about concentration camps until after the war ended, when the Allies stumbled upon them. From what I've read, they didn't know what was happening and were totally unprepared to care for the people in the camps. Up until that point it was a war to free Europe. The plight of the Jews didn't really factor in to the discussion at all.

StiHacka

Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
I don't know. I think that was a pretty common point of view at the time. I don't think most people knew about concentration camps until after the war ended, when the Allies stumbled upon them. From what I've read, they didn't know what was happening and were totally unprepared to care for the people in the camps. Up until that point it was a war to free Europe. The plight of the Jews didn't really factor in to the discussion at all.
Right, and the French were one of the major appeasers as well. Not a part of your history to be very proud of!

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Right, and the French were one of the major appeasers as well. Not a part of your history to be very proud of!
Agreed. But I don't think anywhere was much better. I'm going to assume you're familiar with the voyage of the St Louis? Canada, the US and others don't have much to be proud of either.

StiHacka

Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Agreed. But I don't think anywhere was much better. I'm going to assume you're familiar with the voyage of the St Louis? Canada, the US and others don't have much to be proud of either.
Perhaps. I am Czech so I have no horse in this ugly race. But, both US and Canada learned their lessons - unlike France, who is still trying to play this bullshit appeasement game today. Shame on Mr. Macron.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Last edited:

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
LOL

Holy shit, how was this guy even allowed to be near the flight line, never mind in the cockpit of what is arguably Russia's most advanced fighter?
According to the investigators, Botashev took part in a training flight on June 28, 2012 without proper certification or permission. He took control of the aircraft, trying to perform a tailslide. His errors caused the aircraft to spin out of control and to crash in a forest. Botashev and the co-pilot ejected safely, and no one on the ground was hurt.

StiHacka

Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
LOL

Holy shit, how was this guy even allowed to be near the flight line, never mind in the cockpit of what is arguably Russia's most advanced fighter?

If he was shot down in a Su-25, it's not the airplane in the picture. Su-25 is an older CAS jet, a russkie Warthog. But still, only in russia :crazy: