Quantcast

WWIII thread

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Dafuq does Scholz need 80 minutes to talk with Putin about?

Maybe you should get your info from a reputable source and not twitter?

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
You are not the smartest, or? It is well known for years now that the German army has too little budget, so they can barely keep their own stuff running. Where should all these fancy extra weapons to give to Ukraine come from do you think? The German industry has some old stuff standing around, but even that needs to be fixed up. Which all takes time.
No nation currently weakens their own defense by delivering essential weapons to Ukraine. Poland gives some of their old stuff up because of the incompatibility to NATO standards, so that is easy. This works the otehr way around as well: sure, you can give Ukraine fancy western tanks, but how would they be able to keep them running, serviced or even operate them w/o training.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008

Until Moscow’s empire is toppled, though, the region—and the world—will not be safe. Nor will Russia. Europe will remain unstable, and Ukrainians and Russians and all of the colonized peoples forced to fight for the Kremlin will continue to die. “There is no way for Russia to move forward with Putin and there is no way for Russia to move forward without addressing its imperial past and present,” the analyst Anton Barbashin recently tweeted. “Give up empire and attempt to thrive or hold [on] to it and continue degrading.”
This is hate speach! It is not the nation that is the problem but its leaders. Every country decides on their own in which direction they want to go, and the US, Hungary, Poland, Turkey and some others are on their best way to become authoritarian states.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
This is hate speach! It is not the nation that is the problem but its leaders. Every country decides on their own in which direction they want to go, and the US, Hungary, Poland, Turkey and some others are on their best way to become authoritarian states.
OK, Ivan.

StiHacka

Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Maybe you should get your info from a reputable source and not twitter?
Oh wow, this changes everything!

Les imbeciles call again. :crazy: Did they raise their voices, too? That’s how I imagine France was waging war on Germany after Poland - calling Hitler twice a week, demanding to stop Blitzkrieg.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Oh wow, this changes everything!

Les imbeciles call again. :crazy: Did they raise their voices, too? That’s how I imagine France was waging war on Germany after Poland - calling Hitler twice a week, demanding to stop Blitzkrieg.
Yeah, but bashing on Scholz while there was another person involved is a little weird. Don't you think so?
If you want to stop the killing, there is no other way than talking to Russia and trying to find a seize fire agreement.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Yeah, but bashing on Scholz while there was another person involved is a little weird. Don't you think so?
If you want to stop the killing, there is no other way than talking to Russia and trying to find a seize fire agreement.
Are you familiar with what the Russians have been doing to Ukrainian citizens in occupied areas and what they will do once no longer distracted by actual combat? This isn't just ceding territory like you would a right of way for the city to build a sidewalk but land with millions of people that will be killed and tortured or at best just left to stagnate in oppressive authoritarian poverty as their resources are stolen to fund some dickhole's yacht or football team. There is a reason the Russians don't let people evacuate back to Ukrainian occupied territories. They don't just want Ukrainian land, they want to erase Ukrainians. That could mean 're-education' or just termination. Whatever is easiest.

What happened in Bucha isn't isolated to Bucha, it just isn't as obvious until territories are regained by Ukrainian forces. But hey this is all very inconvenient for the rest of the world so lets sweep this under the rug and give Russia the time to regroup and do it again in a few years.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Are you familiar with what the Russians have been doing to Ukrainian citizens in occupied areas and what they will do once no longer distracted by actual combat? This isn't just ceding territory like you would a right of way for the city to build a sidewalk but land with millions of people that will be killed and tortured or at best just left to stagnate in oppressive authoritarian poverty as their resources are stolen to fund some dickhole's yacht or football team. There is a reason the Russians don't let people evacuate back to Ukrainian occupied territories. They don't just want Ukrainian land, they want to erase Ukrainians. That could mean 're-education' or just termination. Whatever is easiest.

What happened in Bucha isn't isolated to Bucha, it just isn't as obvious until territories are regained by Ukrainian forces. But hey this is all very inconvenient for the rest of the world so lets sweep this under the rug and give Russia the time to regroup and do it again in a few years.
Just be realistic: even with all the military aid from western countries, the Russians will have an advantage because they lack respect for lifes, not only those of Ukranians but also their own soldiers'. They will throw whatever it takes at this. During WWII Russians had 4x the casualties than the Wehrmacht and lost tanks at a similar ratio, still, they won the war.

That leaves two options to end the war quickly: either there is a coup against Putin, which seems unlikely in the near future. Or there is a seize fire, stopping the killing at the frontlines. There will be horrendous war crimes, I am sure of that. But the question is, what else can the Ukrainians do? Evacuate all civilians in the area and throw everything they have at the frontlines, which also will be a bloodbath for both sides? Attack russian supply lines within Russia? NATO involvement?
The Russians have regained momentum, not moving as quickly as they had hoped, but still moving forward. So they will hardly stop when they have brought "freedom" to the separatist areas. And to be honest, it is not about Ukraine and russian-speaking parts of the population: it is about beating "the West", gaining control over the resources of Ukraine and controlling the area. So these larger aims will first stop if Russia is defeated (unlikely) or sees a political change (coup, death of Putin, etc.), which does not seem likely ATM.

So yes, I really believe a seize fire is in the current situation the only way to stop the skyrocketing casualties on both sides. Or you have to be honest and say that the Russians have to be stopped at all costs, which would mean enourmous numbers of losses of human life.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
So Brandon now also on Putin's payroll @StiHacka ? ;)

Russia hails Biden's decision not to send Ukraine long-range rocket systems
This afternoon, Joe Biden confirmed that the US has no plans to send Ukraine rocket systems that can reach into Russia.
The US has provided Ukraine with a significant amount of military aid since Russia launched an invasion of the country in late February.
Russian Security Council deputy chairman Dmitry Medvedev has now hailed Washington's decision as "rational".
Moscow has openly condemned the US for supplying weaponry to Ukraine throughout what it calls a "special military operation".
Reports had emerged that the Biden administration was preparing to send advanced long-range rocket systems to Kyiv.
This was dismissed by Mr Biden this afternoon.

Source: https://news.sky.com/story/ukraine-news-live-russia-sets-out-unconditional-priority-of-war-as-putins-forces-enter-severodonetsk-12541713?postid=3962156#liveblog-body

StiHacka

Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Anyone surprised by the russkies' handling of the Mariupol POW?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Anyone surprised by the russkies' handling of the Mariupol POW?

Honestly I expected worse and was surprised they surrendered. I assume they ran out of ammunition so no option to continue the fight. Made me think that supply drones need to be a thing.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
This from the enemy of the right. I thought he was supposed to be a gaffe machine.

The invasion Vladimir Putin thought would last days is now in its
fourth month. The Ukrainian people surprised Russia and inspired
the world with their sacrifice, grit and battlefield success. The free
world and many other nations, led by the United States, rallied to
Ukraine’s side with unprecedented military, humanitarian and
financial support.

As the war goes on, I want to be clear about the aims of the United
States in these efforts.

America’s goal is straightforward: We want to see a democratic,
independent, sovereign and prosperous Ukraine with the means to
deter and defend itself against further aggression.
As President Volodymyr Zelensky of Ukraine has said, ultimately
this war “will only definitively end through diplomacy.” Every
negotiation reflects the facts on the ground. We have moved
quickly to send Ukraine a significant amount of weaponry and
ammunition so it can fight on the battlefield and be in the strongest
possible position at the negotiating table.

That’s why I’ve decided that we will provide the Ukrainians with
more advanced rocket systems and munitions that will enable
them to more precisely strike key targets on the battlefield in
Ukraine.

We will continue cooperating with our allies and partners on
Russian sanctions, the toughest ever imposed on a major economy.
We will continue providing Ukraine with advanced weaponry,
including Javelin anti-tank missiles, Stinger antiaircraft missiles,
powerful artillery and precision rocket systems, radars, unmanned
aerial vehicles, Mi-17 helicopters and ammunition. We will also
send billions more in financial assistance, as authorized by
Congress. We will work with our allies and partners to address the
global food crisis that Russia’s aggression is worsening. And we
will help our European allies and others reduce their dependence
on Russian fossil fuels, and speed our transition to a clean energy
future.

We will also continue reinforcing NATO’s eastern flank with forces
and capabilities from the United States and other allies. And just
recently, I welcomed Finland’s and Sweden’s applications to join
NATO, a move that will strengthen overall U.S. and trans-Atlantic
security by adding two democratic and highly capable military
partners.

We do not seek a war between NATO and Russia. As much as I
disagree with Mr. Putin, and find his actions an outrage, the United
States will not try to bring about his ouster in Moscow. So long as
the United States or our allies are not attacked, we will not be
directly engaged in this conflict, either by sending American troops
to fight in Ukraine or by attacking Russian forces. We are not
encouraging or enabling Ukraine to strike beyond its borders. We
do not want to prolong the war just to inflict pain on Russia.
My principle throughout this crisis has been “Nothing about
Ukraine without Ukraine.” I will not pressure the Ukrainian
government — in private or public — to make any territorial
concessions. It would be wrong and contrary to well-settled
principles to do so.

Ukraine’s talks with Russia are not stalled because Ukraine has
turned its back on diplomacy. They are stalled because Russia
continues to wage a war to take control of as much of Ukraine as it
can. The United States will continue to work to strengthen Ukraine
and support its efforts to achieve a negotiated end to the conflict.
Unprovoked aggression, the bombing of maternity hospitals and
centers of culture, and the forced displacement of millions of people
makes the war in Ukraine a profound moral issue. I met with
Ukrainian refugees in Poland — women and children who were
unsure what their lives would be, and whether the loved ones who
stayed behind in Ukraine would be OK. No person of conscience
could be unmoved by the devastation of these horrors.
Standing by Ukraine in its hour of need is not just the right thing to
do. It is in our vital national interests to ensure a peaceful and
stable Europe and to make it clear that might does not make right.

If Russia does not pay a heavy price for its actions, it will send a
message to other would-be aggressors that they too can seize
territory and subjugate other countries. It will put the survival of
other peaceful democracies at risk. And it could mark the end of
the rules-based international order and open the door to
aggression elsewhere, with catastrophic consequences the world
over.

I know many people around the world are concerned about the use
of nuclear weapons. We currently see no indication that Russia has
intent to use nuclear weapons in Ukraine, though Russia’s
occasional rhetoric to rattle the nuclear saber is itself dangerous
and extremely irresponsible. Let me be clear: Any use of nuclear
weapons in this conflict on any scale would be completely
unacceptable to us as well as the rest of the world and would entail
severe consequences.

Americans will stay the course with the Ukrainian people because
we understand that freedom is not free. That’s what we have
always done whenever the enemies of freedom seek to bully and
oppress innocent people, and it is what we are doing now. Vladimir
Putin did not expect this degree of unity or the strength of our
response. He was mistaken. If he expects that we will waver or
fracture in the months to come, he is equally mistaken

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Is that an actual photo of russian military or michael palin in a monty python sketch?
Actual Russians de-disney sheeting and de-appliancing Ukraine. Although I wouldn't rule out an alien bug in a Russian's skin.

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
One of the symbols of the Wagner Group is the sledge hammer, because they like to use them when torturing/murdering people. Fucking vermin.

There are videos out there, I don't recommend searching for them. But if one does and thinks appeasement is a good idea you are made of different stuff than I am.