Quantcast

WWIII thread

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Looks like he was shot with some kind of home made gun with black powder or even home made gunpowder. Guns are near impossible to acquire in Japan but I am guessing a Russian agent wouldn't have to rely on home made 1800s technology.
Or is that what they want you to think? :tinfoil: Clearly he knew what was on Hunters laptop!

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Looks like he was shot with some kind of home made gun with black powder or even home made gunpowder. Guns are near impossible to acquire in Japan but I am guessing a Russian agent wouldn't have to rely on home made 1800s technology.
Shotgun is what I saw in a story, one of the few types you can buy in Japan after going through all the requirements.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Shotgun is what I saw in a story, one of the few types you can buy in Japan after going through all the requirements.
Just saw the pic. Wow, that’s some seriously homemade shit.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Just saw the pic. Wow, that’s some seriously homemade shit.
Share? The video I saw was blurry but it looked handgunnish on scale.

Edit: found it, basically two open ended pipe bombs. Also I withdraw my earlier comments. That could be taken directly from Russian front line troops.

Last edited:

Sandro

Terrified of Cucumbers
Nov 12, 2006
The old world

velocipedist

Lubrication Sensei
Jul 11, 2006
Rainbow City Alabama
I had that exact thought.

Abe was essential in transforming the JDA (Japan Defense Agency) into the MOD (Ministry of Defense) during his first stint as PM.

So perhaps with the rise of Le pen, Trump, etc the right wing in Japan viewed Abe as weak and lackluster?

Japan's Sengoku Jidai (Warring States Period) seems to have been forgotten for its much more recent economic pacifism post WWII.

Sad irony indeed.

That seems inconsistent with his politics

"ultra-nationalism"

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Ukraine has been putting their limited numbers of new HIMARS systems to work systematically taking out Russian ammunition dumps. They aren't going to win the war doing this but they are crippling Russia's ability to make any major offensive attacks. They supposedly have taken out several command and control centers along with another Russian general.

Meanwhile Russia continues to bomb strategic schools, soccer stadiums, shopping malls and museums.

Last edited:

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Ukraine has been putting their limited numbers of new HIMARS systems to work systematically taking out Russian ammunition dumps. They aren't going to win the war doing this but they are crippling Russia's ability to make any major offensive attacks. They supposedly have taken out several command and control centers along with another Russian general.

Meanwhile Russia continues to bomb strategic schools, soccer stadiums, shopping malls and museums.
The potential for collateral damage with HIMARS is very high, as it's basically hundreds of fist-sized bomblets over a 1KM area. It's absolutely devastating against area targets like installations, ammo dumps, vehicle columns, large forces, but as soon as you put a command center in a neighborhood you're going to have to take out the entire neighborhood to attack the command center. I doubt they are fielding ATACMS missiles, they are very expensive and the range would be far exceeding what we said we were giving them as far as capability, allowing the ability to strike deep within Russia, range is many times more than rockets. There is a guided point-target MLRS rocket I believe they are going to field, but as I understand it's the newest MLRS/HIMARS launchers and I'm not sure it's in service yet. They had a bunch of stuff planned that never got developed, MLRS rockets that would drop little drone-like things that would fly around and listen for vehicles and then attack what is moving, sense-and-destroy munitions that would work similar against hardened positions, etc. I think the end of the cold war and the war on brown people era nixed a lot of that stuff, as there was no need to take out giant columns of T-72s, etc.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
The potential for collateral damage with HIMARS is very high, as it's basically hundreds of fist-sized bomblets over a 1KM area. It's absolutely devastating against area targets like installations, ammo dumps, vehicle columns, large forces, but as soon as you put a command center in a neighborhood you're going to have to take out the entire neighborhood to attack the command center. I doubt they are fielding ATACMS missiles, they are very expensive and the range would be far exceeding what we said we were giving them as far as capability, allowing the ability to strike deep within Russia, range is many times more than rockets. There is a guided point-target MLRS rocket I believe they are going to field, but as I understand it's the newest MLRS/HIMARS launchers and I'm not sure it's in service yet. They had a bunch of stuff planned that never got developed, MLRS rockets that would drop little drone-like things that would fly around and listen for vehicles and then attack what is moving, sense-and-destroy munitions that would work similar against hardened positions, etc. I think the end of the cold war and the war on brown people era nixed a lot of that stuff, as there was no need to take out giant columns of T-72s, etc.
The US isn't exactly advertising what they gave Ukraine but the OSINT folks are claiming they have been using the M31 single warhead rockets and not the M30 submunition stuff. Could be why they have only received a handful of systems as there is a limited supply of the single warhead munitions. I think the US has announced they will be giving Ukraine ATACMS in the next round of support. Biden has pretty much taken the approach that Ukraine needs to demonstrate that they can use what we give them effectively and responsibly and they can get better stuff the next time around, which is exactly what has been happening.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
The US isn't exactly advertising what they gave Ukraine but the OSINT folks are claiming they have been using the M31 single warhead rockets and not the M30 submunition stuff. Could be why they have only received a handful of systems as there is a limited supply of the single warhead munitions. I think the US has announced they will be giving Ukraine ATACMS in the next round of support. Biden has pretty much taken the approach that Ukraine needs to demonstrate that they can use what we give them effectively and responsibly and they can get better stuff the next time around, which is exactly what has been happening.
I didn't mean to post that, I thought I had deleted it, MLRS has been updated significant since when I served, they do have GPS-guided point munitions, so it depends heavily on what they are using.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I didn't mean to post that, I thought I had deleted it, MLRS has been updated significant since when I served, they do have GPS-guided point munitions, so it depends heavily on what they are using.
Were you actually operating this stuff? A good friend of mine maintained MLRS systems in the 90's. Heard lots of stories of him replacing resolvers while sweating his nuts off in Saudi Arabia.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Were you actually operating this stuff? A good friend of mine maintained MLRS systems in the 90's. Heard lots of stories of him replacing resolvers while sweating his nuts off in Saudi Arabia.
Yes

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Impacts of sanctions on russki orcs: (google translate from a Czech article because I am too lazy to do it)

The debts of Russian companies to the budget jumped by 66%. Problems with taxes arose for raw material companies, especially oil and gas companies. Their debt to the budget increased almost fivefold in March and April - from 4.3 to 20.1 billion rubles. Debts of oil refineries tripled (a billion rubles against 0.3 billion), drug manufacturers doubled: from 0.3 to 0.7 billion rubles. Tax arrears in agriculture increased by 20% and reached 1.2 billion rubles. The auto industry, where production has fallen by 97% and 18 out of 20 plants have stopped, is piling up debts to banks: the volume of overdue debts from loans from car companies rose eighteen times to 56.3 billion rubles in April. Auto showrooms and dealerships, which were left without suppliers and their sales fell by 83%, defaulted on loans worth 0.8 billion rubles on time. In April, the delay increased two and a half times, the Moscow Times reports. Oil production at the Sakhalin-1 project has decreased twenty-two times to 10,000 barrels per day, said Yuriy Trutnev, Deputy Prime Minister of the Russian Federation. He further noted that the reduction in production affected the budget of the Sakhalin region, the state of the economy of the entire Far East and the Russian Federation. “Up to 38 billion rubles will be lost in 2023. This is 26% of the level of the region's own income in 2022," he said, according to TASS. It also reports that in the first half of 2022, the number of Russian citizens in personal bankruptcy increased by 37.8 percent. Alexander Achkasov, the chairman of the board of the Union of driving schools, predicted on the Govorit Moskva radio station a massive increase in prices and the cancellation of driving schools: "If we continue to have such car prices, we simply won't have anything to learn in three years. The car cost 600-700 thousand, now it costs two million. This can lead not only to higher prices, but also to the cancellation of driving schools. We are already starting to have maintenance problems.” They don't just have driving schools. Large dealers denied dozens of customers comprehensive warranty repairs for their cars, Moscow Times journalists found out. Dealers explain their behavior with a lack of spare parts and fears that they will not receive compensation from brands that have left the Russian market. In Yekaterinburg, due to the lack of spare parts, the theft of car headlights is becoming more frequent. According to DonPress, as a result of the widespread shortage of spare parts, the number of car thefts has also increased. Read also Impact of sanctions: People have to finish the "killer" trick at home and can only go to Belarus Major road carriers have started to sell off their fleets of tractors - both Russian and imported - due to a decrease in the volume of freight traffic, lower rates for transportation and an increase in vehicle service costs, Vedomosti newspaper reported. The majority (61%) of Russian schools and kindergartens complain about a lack of paper, 18.4% report software crashes, and 12.9% deal with supply problems in cafeterias. Only less than a third of educational institutions did not feel the consequences of the invasion of Ukraine and subsequent sanctions. Analysts who conducted a survey for Forbes among employees of public schools and kindergartens from 70 regions of Russia came to this conclusion. Airlines report that the Russian National Insurance Company (RNRC) has refused to cover aircraft maintenance risks after manufacturers represented by Europe's Airbus and America's Boeing suspended support. Insurers fear that in the event of claims, the issue could potentially lead to years-long disputes over compensation for losses and also affect payments to passengers, Kommersant reported. There won't be new 100-star banknotes right away. According to Kommersant, the recently introduced banknote is not recognized by ATMs. In connection with sanctions and the withdrawal of major Western manufacturers from Russia, the implementation may take several years. Russia is now experiencing a shortage of bank card chips. Sberbank implants chips from non-activated cards into new cards, Russia station reported today. In Krasnoyarsk, due to sanctions, they cannot repair the vision correction device. Cataract patients don't order, The Insider wrote. According to the DTF, concert ticket sellers have practically stopped working - they have nothing to sell.

Sources of information are in the original article published in Denik N.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Impacts of sanctions on russki orcs: (google translate from a Czech article because I am too lazy to do it)

The debts of Russian companies to the budget jumped by 66%. Problems with taxes arose for raw material companies, especially oil and gas companies. Their debt to the budget increased almost fivefold in March and April - from 4.3 to 20.1 billion rubles. Debts of oil refineries tripled (a billion rubles against 0.3 billion), drug manufacturers doubled: from 0.3 to 0.7 billion rubles. Tax arrears in agriculture increased by 20% and reached 1.2 billion rubles. The auto industry, where production has fallen by 97% and 18 out of 20 plants have stopped, is piling up debts to banks: the volume of overdue debts from loans from car companies rose eighteen times to 56.3 billion rubles in April. Auto showrooms and dealerships, which were left without suppliers and their sales fell by 83%, defaulted on loans worth 0.8 billion rubles on time. In April, the delay increased two and a half times, the Moscow Times reports. Oil production at the Sakhalin-1 project has decreased twenty-two times to 10,000 barrels per day, said Yuriy Trutnev, Deputy Prime Minister of the Russian Federation. He further noted that the reduction in production affected the budget of the Sakhalin region, the state of the economy of the entire Far East and the Russian Federation. “Up to 38 billion rubles will be lost in 2023. This is 26% of the level of the region's own income in 2022," he said, according to TASS. It also reports that in the first half of 2022, the number of Russian citizens in personal bankruptcy increased by 37.8 percent. Alexander Achkasov, the chairman of the board of the Union of driving schools, predicted on the Govorit Moskva radio station a massive increase in prices and the cancellation of driving schools: "If we continue to have such car prices, we simply won't have anything to learn in three years. The car cost 600-700 thousand, now it costs two million. This can lead not only to higher prices, but also to the cancellation of driving schools. We are already starting to have maintenance problems.” They don't just have driving schools. Large dealers denied dozens of customers comprehensive warranty repairs for their cars, Moscow Times journalists found out. Dealers explain their behavior with a lack of spare parts and fears that they will not receive compensation from brands that have left the Russian market. In Yekaterinburg, due to the lack of spare parts, the theft of car headlights is becoming more frequent. According to DonPress, as a result of the widespread shortage of spare parts, the number of car thefts has also increased. Read also Impact of sanctions: People have to finish the "killer" trick at home and can only go to Belarus Major road carriers have started to sell off their fleets of tractors - both Russian and imported - due to a decrease in the volume of freight traffic, lower rates for transportation and an increase in vehicle service costs, Vedomosti newspaper reported. The majority (61%) of Russian schools and kindergartens complain about a lack of paper, 18.4% report software crashes, and 12.9% deal with supply problems in cafeterias. Only less than a third of educational institutions did not feel the consequences of the invasion of Ukraine and subsequent sanctions. Analysts who conducted a survey for Forbes among employees of public schools and kindergartens from 70 regions of Russia came to this conclusion. Airlines report that the Russian National Insurance Company (RNRC) has refused to cover aircraft maintenance risks after manufacturers represented by Europe's Airbus and America's Boeing suspended support. Insurers fear that in the event of claims, the issue could potentially lead to years-long disputes over compensation for losses and also affect payments to passengers, Kommersant reported. There won't be new 100-star banknotes right away. According to Kommersant, the recently introduced banknote is not recognized by ATMs. In connection with sanctions and the withdrawal of major Western manufacturers from Russia, the implementation may take several years. Russia is now experiencing a shortage of bank card chips. Sberbank implants chips from non-activated cards into new cards, Russia station reported today. In Krasnoyarsk, due to sanctions, they cannot repair the vision correction device. Cataract patients don't order, The Insider wrote. According to the DTF, concert ticket sellers have practically stopped working - they have nothing to sell.

fafo

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament

Gnnnnnnaaaaaarhahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!! (and other noises of literary anguish)

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
This one is pretty interesting also. Explains a lot about the orcs' psyche and imperialism.

Also sheds light on why every rus I've met so far who wasn't drunk on cheap alcohol was drunk on the grandeur of their literature.