Quantcast

WWIII thread

gonefirefightin

free wieners
Add this to list of whooopsy

The United States announced Monday it is expelling 12 members of the Russian Mission at the United Nations, accusing them of being “intelligence operatives” engaged in espionage.
The Biden administration’s action came on the fifth day of Russia’s invasion of neighboring Ukraine, which has sparked condemnation from the United States and dozens of other countries.
The U.S. Mission to the United Nations said in a statement that the Russian diplomats “have abused their privileges of residency in the United States by engaging in espionage activities that are adverse to our national security.”
The mission said the expulsions have been “in development for several months” and are in accordance with the United States’ agreement with the United Nations as host of the 193-member world body.
According to the U.N. diplomatic directory, Russia has 79 diplomats accredited to the United Nations. The U.S. Mission did not name those who are being expelled or state how long they are being given to leave the country.

The Oregonian

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Fiona Hill is a fucking BOSS

A strong man can only be a strong man if he's strong. So far, the Ukranians have embarrassed the Russian army, and by extension Putin. It makes me worry about the next phase of this war...

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Juicy little development.

if even 40 of those jets could tear up the 17 mile Russian column by Thursday, that could be decisive in that particular offensive.

gonefirefightin

free wieners

if even 40 of those jets could tear up the 17 mile Russian column by Thursday, that could be decisive in that particular offensive.

Hot dam, All the goods paraphrased is a full fledged military in itself

28 MiG-29s from Poland
12 from Slovakia
16 from Bulgaria
14 Su-25s from Bulgaria
2,500 assault rifles
1,500 anti-tank weapons
70,000 ration packages
135,000 field rations
5,000 helmets
body armor
5,000 anti-tank weapons
100 Carl Gustaf anti-armor rocket launchers
2,000 munitions,
1,000 anti-tank weapons
500 Stinger missiles

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru

That 17 mile russian convoy had me wondering.
Why would they expose so many units? The only reason I think of is because they can, because they own the skies.
And that is a bit worrisome.
Means russia has air superiority deep inside Ukraine and UA cant touch those tanks.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
Read that the Russia convoy is now 40 miles long.
But if the new migs absolutely destroy the roads, that supply convoy will be stuck. (In Ukraine)
(most are trucks, not tanks)

yeah, tomorrow could be grim. But if Russia had total air superiority, they could have destroyed those two cities by air by now, I would imagine.

Last edited:

gonefirefightin

free wieners
That 17 mile russian convoy had me wondering.
Why would they expose so many units? The only reason I think of is because they can, because they own the skies.
And that is a bit worrisome.
Means russia has air superiority deep inside Ukraine and UA cant touch those tanks.
ya gotta keep in mind those russian convoys are kids with little to no training and have no clue about defensive spacing and maneuvering in elements. I just got to wonder if ukraine has the nards to light them up over the border before they get to ukraine.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
Hot dam, All the goods paraphrased is a full fledged military in itself

28 MiG-29s from Poland
12 from Slovakia
16 from Bulgaria
14 Su-25s from Bulgaria
2,500 assault rifles
1,500 anti-tank weapons
70,000 ration packages
135,000 field rations
5,000 helmets
body armor
5,000 anti-tank weapons
100 Carl Gustaf anti-armor rocket launchers
2,000 munitions,
1,000 anti-tank weapons
500 Stinger missiles
And this is just the beginning, every respectable nation is gonna want a piece of repelling this bullshit.
where are the Anonymous hackers when we need them, jamming Russian communications and other mayhem?
White hats, now is your moment to shine!

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
ya gotta keep in mind those russian convoys are kids with little to no training and have no clue about defensive spacing and maneuvering in elements. I just got to wonder if ukraine has the nards to light them up over the border before they get to ukraine.
So what happens when you annihilate the first oh... mile of a supply convoy right when it enters the combat zone and there is nowhere for the rest of the convoy to go?

gonefirefightin

free wieners
So what happens when you annihilate the first oh... mile of a supply convoy right when it enters the combat zone and there is nowhere for the rest of the convoy to go?
We were taught to take out the lead and rear elements to pin down the main body then strafe or indirect fire for the rest. If the Ukrainians have some smart peeps they will use the road locations to their advantage since it lays out a GPS fire mission for them to run along. The US and brits sent in a bunch of SF vets to help with things just like this. In Iraq a strike like this was enough to send peeps running for the hills on foot.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

Before you can use air power to defeat ground forces you need to achieve air superiority which entails defeating air to air forces and ground to air, which is much more of a fight of technological superiority and numbers instead of pluck and drive.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
However, if Putin has decisive air superiority, why has he waited for ground troops, when he could have destroyed Kyiv with his aircraft? To be able to swiftly take over the charred remains with his ground crews?
I guess that would be good strategy to dovetail the two events. The next few days are going to be fugly.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
However, if Putin has decisive air superiority, why has he waited for ground troops, when he could have destroyed Kyiv with his aircraft? To be able to swiftly take over the charred remains with his ground crews?
I guess that would be good strategy to dovetail the two events. The next few days are going to be fugly.

There has been a lot of headscratching in regards to the Russian strategy, including the lack of known air power. It makes sense to me that Putin massively underestimated the response of the Ukrainians and that the Russian strategy has been slow to respond. But now that cornered by the chance of failure they will adjust and it isn't going to be pretty. We very well may go from respecting Ukrainian resolve to abhorred by the slaughter of resolved Ukrainians.

It is fun to laugh at the Russian failures, hopefully they continue but it would be a giant mistake to expect so.