Quantcast

WWIII thread

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Russian WWI style strategy in Bakhmut resulting in WWI style casualties. They don't even have respect for the lives of their own soldiers.

1672376783053.png

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
My guess is that about 1/2 of the Wagner convicts are shot in the back by "their own".

There was a drone video a few weeks ago that showed a lone russian who stopped to have a cigarette in a bomb crater after all his comrades were killed. When done with his smoke he attempted to advance solo and was immediately mowed down. I am sure he other option was to get shot for retreating and made the decision that landed his family a Lada. So fucking pointless.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
There was a drone video a few weeks ago that showed a lone russian who stopped to have a cigarette in a bomb crater after all his comrades were killed. When done with his smoke he attempted to advance solo and was immediately mowed down. I am sure he other option was to get shot for retreating and made the decision that landed his family a Lada. So fucking pointless.
That's the russian society and culture in a nutshell.

StiHacka

Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!

StiHacka

Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Also very good reading, an interview with Zizek where he openly criticizes the love affair of the European left with the russkies.

StiHacka

Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
I’m not really seeing how that is untrue, or even irresponsible. They are not criticizing Ukraine’s hardline position. Just stating that it exists.
They should not be even mentioning Ukraine's position as "hardline" and make it sound like both parties should be making concessions. Fuck, there should not be *any* mention of peace talks until the russian filth retreats back to their borders. NYT are doing nothing but fucking appeasement in a disguise here.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I’m not really seeing how that is untrue, or even irresponsible. They are not criticizing Ukraine’s hardline position. Just stating that it exists.
It is kind of ridiculous to consider their stand as hardline. If someone came to your house, killed your dog, stole your bikes, tortured your family, would you consider it "hardline" to not want them to live in your house?

It is also impossible to think that any negotiations with Russia will be genuine. They actually signed a security guarantee with Ukraine, not only did they not stand by that they have been the sole security risk to Ukraine. They have violated every agreement and ceasefire they have ever had with Ukraine. It is pretty safe to say that any attempts by Russia to negotiate would simply be an opportunity to reorganized for more successful attacks on Ukraine.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
The West has a bad habit of not understanding Russia(n) and simply regurgitating what Russian elites say. The Baltic countries get it.

(Estonian President)

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
If you read the rest of the article, it clearly outlines that Putin is full of shit, and Zelinsky is convinced they can succeed without a ‘peace’ agreement of any kind. And if there will be talks, they absolutely start with Russia facing military tribunals and restitution. That’s really all it says. It’s not editorializing.
Look, I have my issues with NYT as well, believe me. And I want Putin humiliated.
But this tweet seems knee-jerk, at best.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
That headline is editorializing. "Do not kill us and do not steal our nation from us" is not a 'hardline stance'. To imply that it is, puts ukraine in the same light as a murderous invader. They aren't that.

In a vacuum it wouldn't be that big of a deal but since Ukraine largely depends on western aide and there being political factions who are against such assistance, it simply gives their argument more weight to those unable to understand the complexity and nuance of the situation. And failing to understand complexity and nuance is a core value of "American Exceptionalism"

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
In a vacuum it wouldn't be that big of a deal but since Ukraine largely depends on western aide and there being political factions who are against such assistance, it simply gives their argument more weight to those unable to understand the complexity and nuance of the situation. And failing to understand complexity and nuance is a core value of "American Exceptionalism"
For sure. I'd thought that there were truly situations that should be immune from 'both sides' bullshit. But then again the NYT throughout their entire history has done that shit. I don't know why I'd expect any different from a company that just hires a bunch of fancy lads from the ivy league schools who's job it is to make edgy headlines.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
1/2 Shiksa, 1/2 Polish. Quite white.
Ja, Weiss, duh.

There was a Weiss that I used to carpool to HS with. Smoking hot, but I was interested in others (stupid?). I really had no business driving a 4runner at that age. On the days I would drive, I would blast Alice in Chains. On the days her mom would drive (way more dangerously than I, I might add), she would blast Cranberries. And Proclaimers. Over and over again. But really, we both played the same stuff over and over again.