Quantcast

WWIII thread

Fool

The Thing cannot be described
Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
Placeholder. May delete. May be we're all deleted! Further bulletins as events warrant.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
what's that?

the guy responsible for one of the most racist federal funding projects of the 90s, the guy who recently attended an event praising mitch mcconnell and who just blasted more federal money towards cops is making a dumb decision?

My goodness. Surely a clever meme from occupy democrats will save us!

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Historically speaking letting powerful countries take over smaller Eastern European countries has worked out well.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Historically speaking letting powerful countries take over smaller Eastern European countries has worked out well.
we are not the world's police

we are incapable of doing it well, also borne out by history

therefore we are not the world's police

We've literally induced a fabricated famine in afghanistan right now because of our interventionist bullshit. This isn't ancient history, this is a few months ago. Our government on issues of interventionist pEaCeKeEpInG sucks as bad as our domestic police. We've rarely made things better with military solutions. Feed people, provide medial help, but our war bullshit is profit driven at this point, not moral driven.

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
we are not the world's police

we are incapable of doing it well, also borne out by history

therefore we are not the world's police

We've literally induced a fabricated famine in afghanistan right now because of our interventionist bullshit. This isn't ancient history, this is a few months ago. Our government on issues of interventionist pEaCeKeEpInG sucks as bad as our domestic police. We've rarely made things better with military solutions. Feed people, provide medial help, but our war bullshit is profit driven at this point, not moral driven.

I have no idea when the right thing to do is but when the 1930s fascist playbook becomes popular in every corner of the world reflecting upon history seems wise.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I have no idea when the right thing to do is but when the 1930s fascist playbook becomes popular in every corner of the world reflecting upon history seems wise.
Well if there's one thing I know for sure it's that a bunch of rich white aristocrats in american gov't have a stellar history of liberation in Korea, Vietnam, like 20 different cases in south america....

We can't even control rising fascism in ohio, what makes you think we can do it in Ukraine?

We turned away ships of jewish refugees for years in the 1930s and only entered WW2 because we were specifically attacked. I have zero problems with supporting people on the ground but showing up like white knight saviors has literally no precedent of success in US foreign policy. Not one. Not ever.

If we were some beacon of humanity to show the world, I'd be down. But we're too busy funding our own gazpacho™ to beat the shit out of poor people. We're not suitable saviors.

Last edited:

Fool

The Thing cannot be described
Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
I look forward to all of the vaccine internet experts’ takes on military strategy and diplomacy

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Hypernormality

If there is a 3rd world war it’s unlikely that ppl like us would know the difference. These wars are happening on a level that most of us would never understand. Hell, we could even be the “enemy” and we wouldn’t even know it. ;)
Oh, you’re the bad guys, don’t need to wonder about that.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
I'm sure these two things are totally unrelated, not pretextual in any way, and definitely not indicative of any sort of future happenings.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Hypernormality
Have you noticed that when the American press talks about things like ‘support from our allies’ they increasingly don’t name them, or just note what the UK said?

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
I seem to remember a lot of Europe depends on Ukraine's natural gas and pipelines?

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I seem to remember a lot of Europe depends on Ukraine's natural gas and pipelines?
I think it's Rusky gas which currently traverses a pipeline through Ukraine.

They're in the middle of building a new pipeline which cuts out Ukraine so they don't get any rubles.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
What is the next country that will need peace keeping after unrest is instigated. Canada might be able to use some help rightnow.
Some more Q-anon related news for @gonefirefightin

Edit: I was going to quote some of the most batshit parts of that article, but well, it's just pretty much the whole thing.
I think this may remove some questions as to who is instigating those loons. And yeah, the guano pile is deep.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
Some more Q-anon related news for @gonefirefightin

Edit: I was going to quote some of the most batshit parts of that article, but well, it's just pretty much the whole thing.

How dare thou include me into thy vain attempts of political arousal for thine own jovial glee, for i shall not be a part of thine madness betwixt thy hallowed halls 'in the sanctum of the ridemonkey, I bid you a Good day sir.