Quantcast

www.jeffs-bikes.com

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
Considering that the address given on the website is a pizza resturant (with bad reviews no less), I'd hazzard a guess and say that you are on to something...

http://chefmoz.org/United_States/WY/Cheyenne/Cookery_and_Pepperoni's1017005690.html

Bigrider

Chimp
Nov 24, 2006
I'm actually going down the path with them, i then noticed another post talking about Gerards (or something like that) bikes. they had the same address and someone posted it was actually the address of a Flying J station in WY. Hmmmmm. I'm going to stop b4 any money goes out the door. the answers to their questions were somewhat suspect as well.

Nov 8, 2006
Del Mar
funny how they overprice the P3, but underprice the bighit, also funny how no bike is under 1000 bucks, and how the P# costs the same as the FSR XC, and the epic costs the same as the bighit... hey baboon, let me know if that nomad comes in .

Li'l Dave

Monkey
Jan 10, 2002
San Jose, CA
I don't know how you think Gerrardbikes is a scam? I mean they must have gotten the first shipment of Speciailized Enduro SL pro's and just wanted to hook up everyone for $2200. Its not like that's half of retail or anything:biggrin: Good find, I hope nobody buys from them/has already bought from them.

Bigrider

Chimp
Nov 24, 2006
now they sent an ebay impersonated email that suggests sending money order or wire. when i asked back why not paypal they responded with another site that goes on at length about problems with paypay. Funny.... their ebay listing had paypal as a preferred. This is obviously a scam.

muddy beast

Turbo Monkey
Nov 26, 2005
funny how they overprice the P3, but underprice the bighit, also funny how no bike is under 1000 bucks, and how the P# costs the same as the FSR XC, and the epic costs the same as the bighit... hey baboon, let me know if that nomad comes in .
haha sound familiar...i found the site 2 months ago and was siked to see the prices, so i looked threw all there inventory.

Signs of the scam
1)ALL of the pictures, from MANY of the brands were off the website, none were taken in a specific place
2)All bikes were atleast 1000 dollars, regardless of there actual market price.
3)Bikes were randomly priced if you knew there actual value you noticed how there was no pattern to there pricing. It could be anywhere from 100bucks off there market value to 1000's of dollars of the market value. All was luck of the draw
4)the site was cheezy for such good deals
5)they have all sizes and colors avalible. Real "close-out" deals are in specific sizes and colors, and only what is avalible, which is typically limited.
6)Its way to good to be true
7)No signs of buyer protection like most legit sites have
8)they show the credit cards they accept on the top off all pages, most companies only show that when you go to use your card.

Good thing I looked around the side.

pinkshirtphotos

site moron
Jul 5, 2006
Vernon, NJ
theres a local shop to me that sells giant. and they are total dicks. they have a thing on there site that says we will match any price on the web or its free. well it turns out they really mean if your able to get the bike off the web. then i talked to the store owner who jerked me around for a long time to find out that he coulnt get the bike any more. well any who. i saw they have the giant anthem on the site and they have one in the store. im going to see if i can get them to give me a free or cheep bike.

mtnbikej

Monkey
Sep 13, 2001
So. CAL.
All of the above addresses are no longer any good. Guess they closed up shop and ran off to start another bogus shop somehwere else.

mtnbikej