Quantcast

www.ummah.com

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
not to disappoint:
these guys aren't too good at propaganda; even i can see how their various open-ended statements can be misconstrued, yet contextually accurate.

a few quick ex's:
- "No area is more rife with false information than the Middle East." implication is to blame teh jooz, yet ignoring vast bevy of information depicting outrageous claims by neighboring countries (most notably, last summers' war w/ hezbollah & photoshopping done by reuters stringers)
- 1967 war fully blamed israel when they indeed had causus belli
- "When Egypt went to war in the Sinai in 1973, attempting to regain the territory taken from it in 1967, it was in essence attacking its own land, not Israel's." by this logic, shall we in the u.s. offend reason to claim we were "attacked" by american native uprising, should one happen?
- "Israel has been the attacker in almost all Middle East wars; ...has bombed ... the United States via its attack on the USS Liberty in June 1967. They tried to sink the Liberty with all hands because they feared that the spy ship had monitored communications wherein they lured Jordan and Syria into the 1967 war, and seen the war crimes they were committing in the Sinai." this is speculative, conspiratorial, and yet to be firmly based upon unchallenged testimony. it was the result of a tragic error of friendly fire during the 6-day war. funny how they treat israel as being an agent provocateur, but give no hint of legitimacy to israel's (stronger) claims to the same

the rest is typical strawman arguments, and you & i have read on this forum better arguments/explanations, but i'll offer this: i believe this topic (ME ancestry & right of return) should be taught to teens, if for no other reason as an exercise in critical thinking skills. same for evo/ID debate.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
It's the forum that I mentioned earlier, not the main website, which I've never even looked at...

Let's link to a few fave threads:

Ok. well, I'll link to them from home later. Computer here doesn't want to play.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
Ok. well, I'll link to them from home later. Computer here doesn't want to play.
don't you mean "i'll wait until i get home so i can create an account at ummah.com & sow the seeds of hate"?

you're so transparent; you need to come up w/ more than just a few frother threads to convince me islam isn't a religion of pieces.

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
Don't look much crazier to me than freerepublic or an anti-abortion site.

And there are dissenting viewpoints on there, which was surprising. I also love the way they devout Muslims keep accusing each other of not being a "good Muslim". They're like Christians with brown skin and Jewish dietary laws...