Quantcast

WwWwWw> Wake up <wWwWwW

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
these avatars...I missed something.

I am currently awaiting an ebay package from taiwan, apparently carried by toddler on tricycle shipping company. It's scheduled to arrive between Jan 2 and 22, according to the world's most awful tracking software. I should have spent the extra five bucks to buy it from somebody out here... or at least with access to some sort of communication system.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Total Cost of U.S. Wars Since 2001
$4,969,091,117,504
Damn, I could have gotten like three Starbucks Americanos with that money.

On the topic of jobs and me bitching about it every day, I got an e-mail yesterday from a recruiter for a position that would be a promotion and closer to home. It makes me nervous because I have not been on the job market for nearly 20 years and I understand replying to this guy means I am willing to quit my job. That being said, I replied and told him I am interested.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Somebody needs to reply to the how high can monkies count thread with 1136 and let me have 1137 plllleeeeeaaasse for the love of Christ...

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Working at the "worst" one of our buildings today. The coolant they use in the machines here stinks like shit, the floors are slippery and there is a constant low hum and thud sound from the giant 3 story presses.

Worst of all, the coffee machine is on the other side of the building. Ugh.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Gotta make a decision today. Take an offer that's less than ideal cause it means work? Or pass it up and continue the search? Leaning towards 2, but it's hard to pass something up when it's on the table.

Total Cost of U.S. Wars Since 2001
$4,969,091,117,504
This belongs in the how high can monkeys count thread, especially since it just keeps going up!

Damn, I could have gotten like three Starbucks Americanos with that money.

On the topic of jobs and me bitching about it every day, I got an e-mail yesterday from a recruiter for a position that would be a promotion and closer to home. It makes me nervous because I have not been on the job market for nearly 20 years and I understand replying to this guy means I am willing to quit my job. That being said, I replied and told him I am interested.
Go for it, Phil, the working conditions you have been describing are abusive.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
I'm not sure about abusive, but certainly very stressful beyond what is acceptable with no end in sight. At first I was like "I can't quit until I get these guys through year end and W2's", but now IDGAF.
Sounds like a change is in order then. They arent going to all of a sudden say, oh wow, that IRB works so hard, we should give him a break and a raise and show more appreciation for his efforts.

On the contrary, I'd wager they will just pile more on. After all, you've shown you can handle it, right?

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
I'm not sure about abusive, but certainly very stressful beyond what is acceptable with no end in sight. At first I was like "I can't quit until I get these guys through year end and W2's", but now IDGAF.
Don't get sucked into Stockholm syndrome.

I had a long interview with genius kid CEO yesterday and while I think I would do great at that job, I don't think our personalities meshed that well. I am expecting to hear "Thanks but no thanks" in the near future.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

It is dumping up in them that hills with lots more expected today/tonight. :banana:

Bet you a shiny quarter they suddenly notice how important you are when you tell them you are leaving. Don't fall for that trap. Too late, assholes!

StiHacka

Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Did you get "Ok, Boomer"d by them?? :D
Almost. :( Also got reprimanded for referring to the future product leader as "he".
/rant: fuck you people, I come from a culture where all nouns are gendered, and their genders are pretty much random having nothing to do with actual sexes or their roles in society. Adding this complication to English is something my feeble brain does not need.

Last edited:

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Also got reprimanded for referring to the future product leader as "he".
If that happened in an interview I'd politely excuse myself and thank them for their time.

edit: I once had an executive director nearly start crying while interviewing me. wtf people. get your shit together.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Working at the "worst" one of our buildings today. The coolant they use in the machines here stinks like shit, the floors are slippery and there is a constant low hum and thud sound from the giant 3 story presses.

Worst of all, the coffee machine is on the other side of the building. Ugh.
Almost forgot that the toilet paper here isn't the standard pull from a roll type, its dispensed one square at a time like a tissue box. The fuck??

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Bet you a shiny quarter they suddenly notice how important you are when you tell them you are leaving. Don't fall for that trap. Too late, assholes!
I can tell you with 100% certainty that this is what will happen. FYI I am going on three years now without a pay increase because I am at the top of my scale and the position in under-graded. I've repeatedly asked about it but nothing gets done. They'll move on that if/when I give my notice.

StiHacka

Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
I can tell you with 100% certainty that this is what will happen. FYI I am going on three years now without a pay increase because I am at the top of my scale and the position in under-graded. I've repeatedly asked about it but nothing gets done. They'll move on that if/when I give my notice.
In my past three jobs, I got zero pay increase for years in each because I was hired at the top of my scale. The only way to move up is a new job.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Three fucking YEARS?!? WTF? FTS. Dude. :disgust1:
:stupid:

Time to move on. FUCK that.
Is this an alternate reality? Or just another thread
Yes.