Quantcast

X-Fusion RV1? Reviews?

Aug 25, 2011
West Milford, NJ, 'MERICA
Hey all,
Looking into buying one these new X-Fusion hoodasmackles. I love the other X-Fusion products I have, but am not sure about this one. Has anyone has any ride time on it being that it is so new. It appears light weight, good looking at has a decent amount of adjustments. The fork has 36mm stanchions, seems a little narrow.

But the price point is there and it seem like I should get it. Anyone have any .02?

yd35

Monkey
Oct 28, 2008
NY
Haven't seen these for sale anywhere. Are they even available yet? At this point the only people with time on them are probably their sponsored riders, who will do their obligatory gushing about the fork's super awesomeness.

blindboxx2334

Turbo Monkey
Mar 19, 2013
Wets Coast
i googled it and pretty much only came up with a horrible review on bike radar.. are there any good bike radar reviews?

Our limited time, on unfamiliar trails, on an unfamiliar bike, doesn’t really put us in any position to give any kind of in-depth review – but we can offer some thoughts on our initial impressions.

Off the top, the RV1 doesn’t take much to get it moving. This supple initial stroke certainly helped with keeping our front wheel stuck to the loose, rocky trail.

Support is impressive too. On the braking, bump-infested sections we rode, the RV1 sat up well into its mid-stroke, working smoothly and ironing out the repetitive bumps with relative ease.

We’ll be putting the RV1 HLR through more rigorous testing soon, so stay tuned for a full review in the coming months.

also, i found this pic on vital.. do you have to keep that valve in there while you ride? seems kinda sketchy

Last edited:

Ian Collins

Turbo Monkey
Oct 4, 2001
Pacific Beach, San Diego, CA
I have one right now that I'm testing for Vital. It's pretty cool but the spring I have is a bit soft so I haven't gotten to really hammer on it. I should have the right spring shortly and will be getting some serious time on it....I'm pretty sure it isn't available to the public quite yet...as far as I know, just media and sponsored riders have them as of now I believe....

Look for the review fairly soon! Those valves are pretty sweet...mine stay in cause I live at sea level but typically ride around 6,000 feet...cool feature....I leave them in and they aren't really obtrusive....

gemini2k

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2005
San Francisco
Yeah, I've read that. XF guy said that they soleved the spring rate issue over a year ago, and there have 6 different spring rates now.
Yeah they even have a spring for fatties like me as it turns out. One of the few companies that actually do!

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
Lota of springrates available. VERY nice chassis. Way nicer than it should be for the price. The updated sealed damper is more consistent and has less "steps" in it if that makes any sensem. The tune on mine (which isn't stock I don't believe) is pretty off though, but should be tuneable like anything else.

The pressure equalizers are really nice to have. I can't believe these weren't standard equipment on ALL forks 10 years ago. The industry should be fucking embarrassed.

troy

Turbo Monkey
Dec 3, 2008
Lota of springrates available. VERY nice chassis. Way nicer than it should be for the price. The updated sealed damper is more consistent and has less "steps" in it if that makes any sensem. The tune on mine (which isn't stock I don't believe) is pretty off though, but should be tuneable like anything else.

The pressure equalizers are really nice to have. I can't believe these weren't standard equipment on ALL forks 10 years ago. The industry should be fucking embarrassed.
Do You have some photos? All I could find in the web was a twin tube non pressurised damper photos in that fork. It looked much different than the "charger" style bladder HLR damper from their single crown forks (compression on top, reb, bottom).

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
Do You have some photos? All I could find in the web was a twin tube non pressurised damper photos in that fork. It looked much different than the "charger" style bladder HLR damper from their single crown forks (compression on top, reb, bottom).
Should be able to find some deals floating around for them. Don't kniw if they ship with that damper yet, but it is available.

Attachments

troy

Turbo Monkey
Dec 3, 2008
@Kanye West , do You know real weight of that fork? Can You compare the damper behaviour to anything else on the market? Vitalmtb review said that it was a bit better than RS Boxxer R2C2.

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
I can't compare much about the damper performance because I think it has some kind of tune on it that is a bit off. But the friction in the fork is dramatically less than that of a Boxxer and similar or less than that of a 40, making it even harder to compare damping.

Don't know about weight either. It's as light as a coil sprung DH fork can be. Just grab it by the pussy and go,

Happymtb.fr

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2016
SWE
You guys maybe know that the friction in the boxxer can reduced. The stock boxxer has 2 set of double lip seals made of a soft rubber from which you get a lot of friction. Apparently pros use Pike seals instead. I am talking about dust wipers if it was not clear... :)