Quantcast

X-Fusion Trace

unrooted

Chimp
Oct 22, 2013
Anyone have experience with X-Fusion forks?

From what little I've found they seem like a killer value (if $700 for a fork is a value???), and i am not a SRAM fan, so I would rather not buy a pike.

I'm hoping to build up a Banshee Prime within the next month or so, and this fork looks to be perfect for me.

GodSmack

Chimp
May 27, 2013
BC
I tested an X Fusion Vengance. It was an air version. 180 mils of travel. All the parts inside are metal. No plastic. The fork felt great! Also look into the Suntour forks. I don't know if things have changed but I see plenty of plastic parts inside of Sram forks so I can understand your wanting to try something different.

unrooted

Chimp
Oct 22, 2013
Just got the trace in the mail last night, still waiting on the frame (banshee prime).

I have the early 2013 version (no-GSA, Non unicrown). From the little bit I played with it it seems really nice. The rebound knob is SOO much easier to turn than the reba I have and each click makes a much more noticeable difference. The lockout is super easy and smooth to turn as well. The fork feels really solid just holding and pushing on my carpeted floor.

I wonder why I never see reviews in bike magazines? Maybe i just haven't paid enough attention in the past???

blindboxx2334

Turbo Monkey
Mar 19, 2013
Wets Coast
sorry to bring back an old thread, but when im looking for traces on the net i constantly see that GSA acronym come up.

what does it mean?

and while im here, the cheapest i can find a new one is for 545 on PB buy/sell.. anyone got any leads? if its used that is fine as well, just has to be black...